Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Video, Critique & Discussion Thread

Main_Header_Video_Thread.png

~updates coming soon~

Watch out world here comes Ajsnipes into the fighting game community ~.^ challengers are welcome WOO!

The link to the Akihiko combo video was greatly appreciated Kiba! Totally gonna practice these! (:

the only succesful way to fight a mitsuru as an aki that ive found is to stay in her face never corner yourself, bait her dp and counter it never end a combo string with kill rush, sweep, AOA, or boomerang hook if the first couple hits were blocked in other words fall back and be patient (214D ). But never get out of her face if ur dp'd recover as soon as u can and avoid that whip note if u run with aki the whip cant hit u (not the one from above) other than that learn some long combos because her health is just as good as your own and for a female the chick can take a hit. And for the love of god Dont Throw Double uppercut without a way to cancel it if its a stand alone thats just asking to die

hey Fogel i watched your vids and i noticed a very common mistake. Well i dont know if your second guessing yourself or tricking your opponent (attempting to) but you have a bad habit of dropping combos that could lead to long ones. Also learn the auto combo options aki has example there are combos that if done right they wont tech out of the i believe 3rd hit. But I dont want you to finish the combo with hook into a screw but a nice fancy double upper into a new combo or you can be a pain and weave back real quick into a nice heavy screw off the wall and into a super of your choice. Positive notes, You seem to know all the basic options and you seem to be a calm player your not rushing and making many dumb mistakes. Side note learn a more variety of combos for aki has many especially combos you can work off of his 236a 6d grab that you love so much ( i do it to =] ) i know i often sweep after the stun and combo from that. Have fun training and Add me if u want on psn Ajsnipes9

I'm no expert, but here is some advice from what I've seen:

Work on your blocking; maybe try some stuff out in practice if you're having problems blocking specific character's setups. For example, a lot of Naoto's will go straight from double fangs into low shots so knowing to switch to a crouching block right after you block her double fangs will keep you from getting caught by that all the time.

Know your matchups. Don't use j.C against an airborn Liz, her j.B will always stuff it. Find out when you can punish stuff, I saw you miss a bunch of punish opportunities that might have won you the match against that Liz.

Don't forget your 5b, it's a wonderful punch and if you manage to get a FC off of it you can do a ton of damage. I keep seeing you use 5a, and even worst, 2a but no 5b's getting thrown.

Upon landing a 5a you just went into the autocombo, learn some better combos off of 5a if you're going to keep using it so much. If you're falling into the 5aaa part of the combo because you're mashing a (used to happen to me a lot at first) you can prevent the autocombo from happening by doing 4a instead of 5a.

Use your dashes, airdash, and 236C/D to approach and position yourself better.

Don't play passive against Chie, sure she needs to get in your face to do damage, but so do you. and you'd much rather be setting the pace than letting her do it.

Ok. When is a good time to throw out random 5B? I have a lot of trouble with liz and naoto with their awesome ranged moves. Whats the generall game plan against liz anyway? I find her persona grabs and DP and Beam to be quite a problem for me.

I know i have to work on not spamming A. I know the little BnB combo but when I panic I mash A more lol.

I'm not saying you should throw out the 5B randomly, but when you've gotten right up to them or as a meaty on wakeup it works wonders.

For character specific match-ups you should probably check the matchup threads. To beat Liz you want to get right on top of her and make your combos count, she has so little health all you need is a couple of good hits. Watch out for her R-Action though; jumping straight up will cause her to whiff it and leave you in a really good position to punish it. As for Thanatos practice watching Liz's animation to see what she's throwing out, if she goes for a throw after 5C you can just A jab to break it (don't try that on the 2C though).

What are the combos I should learn? In what order?

2b jb loops, 5b jb loops, 5AA 5b 236sb 6D dp 5aa sweep 236a 6B (should be able to super off of it too) , 5b 236sb 6d dp 5aaa 4a dp 236236A , 5b 236sb 6D dp 5aaa 4c 6B 236236A/B , (not a legit hit combo until after grab ) 236A/b/sb 6D grab 4a 4c 4b hold 4c 4sb 4D 6B (or dp super) just a few things i do that help me

2b jb loops, 5b jb loops

Could you elaborate on these loops? Sorry, I just picked up persona and have been playing with pretty much every characters but am thinking about maining aki.

At certain heights, you can do 5b > slight delay j.b from 1 to 2 times, depending on the proration of your combo.

Using fatal counter's bonus hitstun, you can do the same thing for 2b > slight delay j.b, though how many times you can use it depends on the proration, in which you should refer to the OP for specifics.