Sign in to follow this  
Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

More proof that black people always play Sol or Chipp at first.

QFT.

Sol will probably still have easy, decent-damage B&Bs like he has ALWAYS had so I hardly see any reason to panic. If it really is "harder to combo" off Gunflames, I don't see how that will be a major problem since they are really easy to combo off of as of now (FRCs and all) so if it's still possible at all, what's the problem?

Basically all you seem to be getting at is that Sol will be "harder" to play, and I don't see how that's a problem at all since he's hardly the most difficult character to pick up and play as it is.

let's not get into racism here :X i like the new fafnir>tyrant rave ALOT though, it's alot faster and deals huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dmg, grand viper is safe on misses, the worst change is the slide on bandit bringer, nobody still knows what to do when slide happens <_<

More proof that black people always play Sol or Chipp at first.

Wow. hey, don't be a jackass. Anyway I picked up Eddie and I didn't pick Chipp up till SLASH since in XX and #Reload my friend used fucking EX Chipp so I didn't. I picked Sol THIRD, Venom was my second choice you dung flame. Sol just has badass everything: VA,Overdrives,taunts, specials plus I love setting people on fire. As for Chipp I like speed and shinobis.

Back to Accent Core Sol:

Great: Safe GRAND VIPER. Finally,no more failed Grand Vipers against Venom which leads to rape by Dark Angel.

Ugly: All loops gone. Dustloop I didn't care for since REAL Sol players can kick ass without it. But GF FRC BB is gone? Damn stupid jackass monkeys took it out.

Great: Fast ass Fafnir! Saw the vid in which Sol crush Chipp with FB:Fafnif >Tyrant Rave.

Ugly: WTF? Fafnir is a force break? So now its GF FRC BB FB:Fafnir>tyrant rave: 75% tension. This better do a SHITLOAD of damage like 210 to 240.

Ugly: Sol doesn't have Ishiwatari as his VA in Accent Core. WTF? Listen to Sol when he says Grand Viper: pure badassery.

Crimson disaster: I don't like it when people mess with the greatness known as Sol Badguy. I have no problem if Sol becomes harder to play as, I'll stick with him no matter what. Like SolxBadguy said: Sol is demon tier, no one can rip this guy apart.

I express concern with Accent Core Sol becuz it looks like they're tyring to make him weaker by screwing him over in turn is a LAZY ASS way to make him easier to beat thus not balancing the game out. I liked Guilty Gear becuz it demanded skill on the player part and showed shallow bitches that the world doesn't revolve around supers. But Accent Core seems to be taking that away by nerfing characters. And yeah I do like all the new system features.

So.....still not much update on the Badguy. Does anyone know if Grand Viper has less pull back like when Sol does 5S,5HS ,Grand Viper and goes back like 5 feet away from the enemy or does it start up faster like Gunblaze?

And what does it mean when BB has sliding and when Sol attacks after it, the attacks count as an air combo? I know what sliding is but i want to know if Sol lifts up the enemy which makes a follow up into an air combo and it does more damage?

And I can't wait until Accent Core comes out because I'm hooked on Guilty Gear like a Star trek fan at a convention.

:lol: People are far too sensative. Like I said, it's a long running joke within the senior members of the community. Regarding Sol in AC, I don't see too much to be worried about. More than likely he'll be the same as he's always. I'll probably still play him regardless, considering he's been my character since XX. EDIT: I have more posts than kugler, which means I am better.

Ok, so let's get some actual discussion going here. Break it down move by move, change by change.

Force Break: Fafnir

Very fast. Still completely safe on block. Uses 25% meter. Can link to Tyrant Rave (this does 50% damage midscreen with no followup). Still cannot be cancelled into from normals. Has a clean hit property.

Positives:

Move is faster now while still being hella safe on block.

The fact that you don't automatically go into the Tyrant Rave means that you can use the 25% to do the move, then opt to do TR only if it hits, dealing out a huge chunk.

Clean hit property means good positioning = hella strong combos.

Negatives:

Costs Tension.

Ok, so you're basically trading off 25% meter to get a vastly superior move and then using another 25% if it hits if you want to do 50% damage. Woooooo, such a horrible change. Most people only used Fafnir in extremely select situations in previous games (wakeup tricks, certain combos, tech catch in Slash). Speeding it up alone is going to make it hella more applicable in AC, finally giving him a long-range move that isn't horrifically unsafe in order for him to combat zoning characters who have always given him hell.

Gatlings:

2K-6P no longer combos, either because 6P is slower or the gatling was removed.

Now THIS is a change that actually pissed me off. This really hurts Sol's low game in the corner. Being able to lead into a nice 25% Tension, 35% combo off of 2K was a pretty big deal once you threw in all of his mixups for command grab that could lead into 2K instead. You can still do 2K-5S©-6P, but you have to be so close that it's insanely hard to hit and it makes the string worthless for pressure.

Normals:

j.HS loses untechable time.

Kind of sucks, but it overall just means you have to learn and use different combos, which is nothing new because Sol is always gaining and losing combos between games. Not a massive loss (yet). As long as it gets replaced by something else, no biggie.

Ground throw untechable time altered somehow, the characters who can and cannot tech from it may have changed.

Nothing to panic about yet.

Air throw completely untechable.

YES. Now here's something I can get behind. This makes it more worth your while to set up tech traps and also much easier to combo off of the airthrow (even in Slash, you have to get it pretty low to guarantee anything).

Specials:

VV damage reduced. Tatakiotoshi (dropping strike) untechable time increased, can be used in Dust combos again.

In other words, just like playing #R, except you'll actually be using the S version on a more regular basis. You really couldn't ask for more, since the damage on this move in Slash was stupid.

Bandit Bringer causes long sliding down on hit. Cannot be comboed off of midscreen, but combo is still possible in the corner. Command grab, GF FRC BB into dashing 2D appears to work.

This is a change that I have slight issue with. It makes Sol more corner-based since GF FRC BB is one of his best damage outlets when he is at midscreen. It makes stuff like CH 5HS on crouchers into BB useless. There's no point to doing "random" BBs at the move's maximum range anymore unless the CH property stays intact. While I understand what prompted this change (move that is safe on block usually and leads to free combo on hit with massive range), it's a little sad. But at least they didn't completely remove the ability to combo off of it (here's hoping GF FRC BB still works in the corner).

Riot Stamp has clean hit property (conditions and effect somewhat unknown). Untechable time on air CH changed (most likely increased).

Nothing but good news here. Riot Stamp is already at the "almost never used" stage, I can't see how these changes could hurt at all.

Timing on air BR FRC changed. Air BR untechable time increased.

Again, nothing bad about this. In fact, I've heard that you can actually loop using air BR now. Just hearsay, but again, can't hurt.

Grand Viper does ground dash into upper. Clean hit results in a Slayer-2HS CH situation, without drawing the opponent in. Fairly safe on block. Followup combos do around 30% on average. Mashing GV into a clean hit allows 2HS to connect afterwards on middleweights, will likely have to use j.S on lightweights. On characters who get hit by 2D -> GV, no mashing is necessary to get the clean hit.

WOW, this is absolutely wonderful. A super-risky move that normally got Sol killed is now hella useful. The evasive properties on GV have always been pretty good, but now it's relatively safe on block, plus free damage on hit with no Tension expenditure? This can only be good. Yet again, another tool to round him out and help him avoid getting killed by zoners. The only vaguely sad part is no more RCing airborne to do weird mixups, but no big deal.

Sidewinder landing recovery shortened to VV's time or less. Clean hit point is changed, works from lower than before. Floats lower on clean hit.

Ok, more good stuff with only a little bad. The fact that it floats lower kind of sucks since that means no more hitting BB after it most likely (of course, BB has been toned down anyway). However, the shortened landing recovery means easier combos as well as making the move safer to use OUTSIDE of combos. I can imagine baiting a reversal on wakeup with a jump and then airdashing backwards and punishing with a counterhit SW while suffering little to no retribution if I guess wrong.

Gun Flame floats lower on hit, making it more difficult to combo afterwards.

My view is that this will be a temporary setback and may actually make certain combos easier. Not a positive, but not the end of the world either.

GF Feint now hits at the leg, longer recovery and in CH state.

I really don't know what to make of this just yet. It'll probably take some time to figure this thing out. I'll miss doing dash 5K-5S© -> Feint, command grab, though.

Final verdict:

I will tell you right now why Sol is not in danger of being nerfed. The things that actually make him good have not been fucked with. His air combos have not been changed, he still has his command grab and his moves which set them up (outside of 2K losing the 6P gatling) have not been messed with. No loops = no big deal, nobody even really uses loops with him in Slash. If anything, I expect him to be more well-rounded than he's EVER been and he'll probably be very successful in AC.

So 2K-6P has been confirmed to no longer work? I haven't been keeping up on AC, but I remember a while back this was a rumor, then said not to be true. Has a new beta release changed this recently? This change makes me very sad... as it was part of my core corner mix up... ;_;

Both the reports on the 2nd and 3rd location tests confirm that 2K-6P no longer works. The first location test mentioned 5K-6P as no longer working, this was confirmed to be a rumor and false.

Final verdict:

I will tell you right now why Sol is not in danger of being nerfed. The things that actually make him good have not been fucked with. His air combos have not been changed, he still has his command grab and his moves which set them up (outside of 2K losing the 6P gatling) have not been messed with. No loops = no big deal, nobody even really uses loops with him in Slash. If anything, I expect him to be more well-rounded than he's EVER been and he'll probably be very successful in AC.

Yay! Sol is still the badass he's always been. Finally someone gave me the last reason I needed to buy Accent Core, now I have too must shed some tears. My friend lost my swap magic 3.6 becuz of Narutimate Hero 3 so I can't play Slash.....NOOOOOO!

Yay! Sol is still the badass he's always been. Finally someone gave me the last reason I needed to buy Accent Core, now I have too must shed some tears. My friend lost my swap magic 3.6 becuz of Narutimate Hero 3 so I can't play Slash.....NOOOOOO!

what do you mean buy it? console or the GDrom and security chipp? cause a console release is a long way away

Clean hit on the hit on the riot stomp is nigh impossible to hit, as a matter of fact durning the last beta test some people supposedly were wondering if it had been takeing out all togther. And yes sol did have a air bandit revolver loop in the last beta version. Also clean hit on the fafnir was just if it hit in the air, however this doesnt include the ground slide air. But everything else basicly gave you the clean hit. Also I belive it was said sweep grand viper gives you a clean hit on jam and bridget only... But I read it all awhile ago so id have to double check on that one shrug.

Sign in to follow this