Sign in to follow this  
Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

So, for SW loops, are there different ways you have to keep others in the air? Like for example, with Potemkin, you can use j.D. But for I-no, I usually use j.HS. In fact, earlier today when I was in training mode j.HS seemed easier to use than j.D, j.K or j.S. So is j.HS a better option if I'm more used to being able to do CLSWs with that? And does what Sol having in terms of zoning and okizeme? What are some good BnBs for me to learn?

It depends partly on character and height. Generally, j.D is used against Pot or when dashing, j.H is used on characters who are a bit higher in the air, and j.S is used when your opponent is lower. Hence, you'll probably be using j.H more often on lighter, floatier characters. Mostly, though, it's just about getting a feel for when and how you can continue the combo and when you should end it, which is something that really comes with experience. Sol's zoning options are pretty limited. GF FRC is good, and he's got plenty of good anti-airs (5K, 2H, j.P). I guess 5S and 5H can be used as zoning tools, and 2S can sort of zone against short-range characters like Jam. Sol's not really a zoning character, though. As for oki, Sol's got plenty of options. Meaty GF is good, super-safe j.S and j.H are even better, and the high/low airdash mixup is pretty much a staple. Even wild throw or the throw invulnerability on Fafnir can be useful at times.

Get better execution, it's all possible. Even though it's not useful. What do you even think is fake?

Get better execution, it's all possible. Even though it's not useful. What do you even think is fake?

Well, even though I think you're talking to the other guy, the only thing I think isn't possible is that Wild Throw > Napalm Death.

I'm sure everything else is possible, but that WT>ND just seems iffy to me because I tried it several times.

BACK TO TRAINING MODE TO TEST IT OUT

Hey guys, I have a question about VV.

So I try doing the normal 3 SW combo, and I'm thinking that it would be fine to end with the VV > knockdown instead of BR.

When I try to do the knockdown after VV, sometimes it comes out slower than usual or just doesn't come out at all. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the guard bar being really low, but I thought that only affects distance pushed back and how much an attack keeps the opponent airborne.

the timing to buffer in the kick after VV is a little dif from previous GG's, you actually have to time it now to a degree to get knockdown after several hits. Just work on your timing and make sure there aren't TOO many hits in the combo. You should be able to feel a difference between doing the kick (as) soon (as possible) and doing it (as) late (as possible)

try not to get into the habit of just mashing 214k214k214k... during VV as its not consistent enough unless you're doing it really fast. But all in all its not really a hard link as you do have a small window to buffer it in.

Well, would over ten hits in the combo count as too much?

I tried using the S version since I think the KD comes out faster only because Sol goes up less.

Just wondering since I wanna go for the knockdown but with a tiny bit more damage and style.

Damn, didn't see the above post. I guess I'll stick with BR then.

on average, the kick down needs to be hit 13 or before, certain moves (like grand viper) can extend (or shorten) that number.

Its actually a good idea for knockdown if you're having to super jump for clean hits as has been known to happen, or if you're uncomfortable with how you think they'd bounce back after a clean hit SW.

Need help learning how to start CLSW combo after a 8-hit CL Grand Viper. Can't seem to time it right. Should I go for a running jump? And is it easier to do CLSW combos in the corner or the middle of the stage?

Spaced a little ways from the corner when you land a CLSW is usually the easiest situation (and when you can do the most CLSW). But that's not important, learn to do them everywhere on the screen!

After GV, on most characters you should do running j.D CLSW.

Need help learning how to start CLSW combo after a 8-hit CL Grand Viper. Can't seem to time it right. Should I go for a running jump? And is it easier to do CLSW combos in the corner or the middle of the stage?

You only really have to do running j.D if they're not in corner. In corner normal j.D works just as well.

If you have trouble getting the running j.D consistently, j.S is easiest way to start at the cost of some damage.

After grand viper in the corner I just do a jumping dust (no run) into clsw. mid-screen I'll just do jump slash -> clsw.

On lightweights in the corner I just do something simple like running j.S, j.D, dj.S, j.D, Slash VV knockdown. I might do clean hits if I think I could kill them with the combo though.

On another note, have any American sol players started doing the japan corner grand viper follow up? Something like:

GV > jD > clsw > run out of the corner cl.S > 2Hs > jumping forward clsw > K > BR

It knocks the opponent back into the corner as the jumping forward clean hit makes the opponent fly over sol's head making the standing kick turn him around for a BR to go the right way (into the corner). Just wonder if this was the right notation and see if anyone was making this their staple. I've been too lazy to mess around with it a lot :)

On another note, have any American sol players started doing the japan corner grand viper follow up? Something like:

GV > jD > clsw > run out of the corner cl.S > 2Hs > jumping forward clsw > K > BR

It knocks the opponent back into the corner as the jumping forward clean hit makes the opponent fly over sol's head making the standing kick turn him around for a BR to go the right way (into the corner). Just wonder if this was the right notation and see if anyone was making this their staple. I've been too lazy to mess around with it a lot :)

Last time I was in training I actually was working on something similar, cause I do like the corner knockdowns.

GV > j.D SW > (they bounce out, you chase them) 2H > nj.S SW > (walk/dash behind them as they bounce back toward you) 5K > BR into corner.

I was trying to get something similar from any mix up after that too, such as

low airdash j.S > j.D > 5K > 2H > j.H SW > (they bounce, out you jump after them with..) j.S SW > (dash behind) 5S BR into corner

so they would be in corner again to reset your mix up. But I haven't implemented this stuff into my game yet. Mostly cause I hardly ever get the chance to play people T_T

At 0:24 in this video, the Sol player was able to airdash after doing j.H. I tried doing that in training mode and I didn't really have that much luck with it. Does anyone know if there's some way of doing this?

you catch them with the very last frames of j.H

you are then free to airdash as j.H has almost no recovery. But the timing as rather strict as you have to let the j.H run its course, yet still input the airdash before you get too low.

there's no trick to it at all, its just straight up knowing the timing of the move and capitalizing. Only advice I can give is to connect with j.H as late as possible in its active frames.

Does a Sol player really have to do sidewinder loops to win matches? I'm just wondering...

Sign in to follow this