Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

I was trying some fuzzy guard stuff with low dashing j.S/j.D a while back, never ended up finishing but I was able to get a low dashing j.S (JC) > j.D > SW to work on Eddie and Anji, and j.S (JC) > j.S > j.D > SW to work on Pot.

It's weird though cause sometimes when I jump cancel the first j.S/j.D, he doesn't go as far forward as other times. Seems like if I do dash j.S 659 > j.D the j.D will hit close enough to get the SW, but if I just jump cancel with 9 he doesn't go in as deep. What's the story with that?

sorry for posting it here since no one comes on the sol thread often.

i just want some info on kliff since i lose all the time to my friend(a complete newbie) mashing the disc spin that hits low. should i airdash over him while he does it? or should i block low and dash?

i have the computer combo me on the corner with 5k>BR>land>5K>BR ... until they get tired of it. i can't burst nor can I do anything against it. is that possible and also i watched the tension bar carefully but it didn't even decrease. lol i must have sucked so badly if i cant even figure out how to do it :(

hmmm 96 views and still no reply

sorry for posting it here since no one comes on the sol thread often.

i just want some info on kliff since i lose all the time to my friend(a complete newbie) mashing the disc spin that hits low. should i airdash over him while he does it? or should i block low and dash?

i have the computer combo me on the corner with 5k>BR>land>5K>BR ... until they get tired of it. i can't burst nor can I do anything against it. is that possible and also i watched the tension bar carefully but it didn't even decrease. lol i must have sucked so badly if i cant even figure out how to do it :(

hmmm 96 views and still no reply

Finding match up information for any character vs Kliff or Justice will be hard because those characters are not tournament legal. I'm pretty sure Kliff's "disc" attacks are very unsafe on block. You can probably just block them and then punish him. If they're not punishable, just block and you're out of pressure anyways.

Bandit Revolver loop is a real combo but not practical at all. Don't worry about it.

Soooo happy I will be playing Sol on a regular basis again :D

This man tells the truth

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

This question has probably been asked 3 million times but..

do you guys have a special method for frc GAAAN FRAAAAME?!

-.- it's something I just can't do much with sol. I'm thinking maybe piano-ing the buttons quickly and releasing sequentially 1>2x (very quickly) would do it. a-la t hawk.

this right?

He's right, you're just going to have to grind it out. I've heard people saying you can use the first tiny flames that come out as a sort of visual cue though.

-.- it's something I just can't do much with sol. I'm thinking maybe piano-ing the buttons quickly and releasing sequentially 1>2x (very quickly) would do it. a-la t hawk.

this right?

FRC needs to be done by pressing the buttons simultaneously. Hit them on the same frame.

this right?

The FRC point is at where his sword wiggles(it does that for 1 frame).

His FRC point is the 1st and 2nd frame of this animation (there are 3 frames to it), the bottom of his sword moves on the first frame of this sprite:

72du20.jpg

Here's a video frame advancing gun flame to show the FRC points:

Don't be predictable.

Usually, ending a block-string with GunFlame non-FRC lets your opponent escape or gets you counter-hit. I-No can jump > Sdive you, Chipp can teleport out, etc. Gunflame FRC is fine though since you can keep pressure going. As I-No I can jump out, but I won't get a free hit.

Bandit Revolver is -4 on block, so unless it's spaced properly, you're pretty much giving them a free grab. Like anything, there are cases where it's useable in a block-string, but it's usually a dumb move to end a block-string with it. Actually, if you spam this move to the point where your opponent instant blocks the 1st hit, you can be 6P'd through the middle and eat it pretty bad. May sounds the scariest for this because her 6P is bonkers, but I don't know if it's fast enough. I used to do this with Chipp though.

Mix it up when you block string from the air. If you j.H too high, one can block the first hit, then instant block the 2nd hit on reaction pretty easy into a throw (or learn to SB it > some crazy punish). If you always just jump in with j.H, it gets easier to instant block the 2nd hit on reaction. Sometimes you'll want to j.S > j.D > maybe sidewinder > landing, instead of just j.S > j.H > landing > whatever. Usually though, landing j.H > 5K is pretty safe since 5K is so fast to start.

Try not to use Grand Viper unless you have 50% to RC it on block, or at least a Burst in case they react well and can go for a high-damage punish. If they do block it, there are pretty much 3 points you can RC. Early on (like hits 2-3), a little later (5-6), and on the last hit. When you RC, your options are dash in > Wild Throw, another GV (DERP), pressure string (This is used when your opponent expects Wild Throw and pokes to beat it. You beat their poke with yours because of frame advantage, and if they blocked, you just pressure like normal), VV (HUR DUR), Gold Burst (BA-HURDADUR), and Burst Throw (if you expect them to Burst out of your GV, you'll probably RC it early since they'll probably Burst early, and then you go for the airthrow).

Generally speaking, Sol does pressure so he can get back in and do another mixup. Let's say you're using the 2P->6P/WT mixup, or the 2P->2K 5S/WT mixup, and don't go for the WT. Both 5S and 6P can be late canceled, so generally you'll want to do something like 5H to put them in good block stun or fish for CHs and then do GF FRC to get back in and do another mixup. You can also go for 6H after 6P to build guard gauge, which is good, but astute players can FD you out and the last hit will whiff, which is bad.

Ending with 2S is good, too. Be sure to make use of the frame advantage. Also be sure to watch for people jumping. You can sometimes catch people super jumping out with super jumped j.D (this used to be great in #R), but only j.K links after it (unless you hit really late in the active frames). It can still be useful occasionally, but air throw and j.P are probably going to be your best options, depending on who you're fighting. Catching people with a running 5K while they're still getting off the ground is also a good idea. Air block strings are a bit different; j.P gatlings to everything, j.K gatlings to j.S and j.D, and j.S gatlings back into j.K, so between j.P, K, and S you can keep the string going pretty much until you hit the ground. Ending with j.D is generally not a good idea (unless you want to JC it and continue the block string or go for fuzzy guard), though, due to its landing lag, and same goes for SW (unless you're going for a clean SW on block which can be RCed into the stored Clean Hit glitch). BR can catch people jumping, but it's risky so do not get predictable with it. Speaking of which...

Being predictable isn't much of a concern IF AND ONLY IF your opponent can't do anything about it. Safe j.S/H oki is a good example of this. Catching someone blocking with 5H/2H and then doing GF FRC predictably is also fine because not only can your opponent not do much about it, but what they can do involves a risk/reward game that is in your favor, and you should exploit it. Going for the afore mentioned mixups when you've got your opponent pinned down is also good, not just because it's good to get in mixup opportunities when you can, but also because knowing that your opponent knows what you're doing can help to predict what your opponent is going to do and counter it. It's like you want to set up rock/paper/scissors situations where both you and your opponent know the game being played, but where all the risks/rewards are skewed heavily in your favor. Once you get into that guessing game, you can't be predictable (obviously), but there are some things you can do predictably and probably should generally do predictably to set up that game (i.e. safe oki after a knockdown or GF FRC to get back in).

this right?

You just have to practice it a lot in training mode, and eventually you will rarely miss a Gun Flame FRC. Videos showing you the FRC points are not going to help you. At 60 frames per second your not going to be able to react to "His Sword Wiggles" and then instantly hit 3 buttons. You just have to do it like a 1000 times in training mode, and its muscle memory. You also have to remember that in block strings your muscle memory timing kind of changes. So practice your FRC gun flame in your favorite block strings a lot. Just fucking go into training mode and do it until your hands hurt.

So yeah, AC+R. non-FB fafnir is back, FB sidewinder, and clean hit BB. Sounds fun.

From the vid it looks like you can do the add-on super to fafnir from the regular version too. Shame they didn't show FB SW but I'm guessing it'll be like a CH where it bounces them no matter where you hit or something.

So yeah, AC+R. non-FB fafnir is back, FB sidewinder, and clean hit BB. Sounds fun.

From the vid it looks like you can do the add-on super to fafnir from the regular version too. Shame they didn't show FB SW but I'm guessing it'll be like a CH where it bounces them no matter where you hit or something.

Maybe it doesn't have forced proration!

Stagger inducing Fafnir seriously looks brutal. And only 25% meter for a huge amount of chip or a good SW loop setup? Yes please.

Clean Hit BB is a godsend. 66% proration isn't very fun (Even though people who get hit by it in the air have to be blind).

No forced prorate SW would be a dream come true.

And I seriously hope they extend the throw invincibility on FB Fafnir to the regular one.