Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

DP is really reliable if your opponent is attacking instead of guarding: it will always hit.

everyone's sarcasm pretty much answers that. that is a ridiculous mentality.

Super safe j.H and j.S only work as a meaty, outside they are DP beggars as much as any other attack.

generally you do happen to do mixups when people are waking up or on the offensive, but there are other places you can do DP-safe j.H and j.S.

Next to that, j.S and j.H are option select backdash/guardable, after guarding those two attacks there's a little 5 frame gap where... you guessed it: your opponent can stick something in, some opponents can even use option select to guard any chains coming after j.S and j.H courtesy of autoguard: IG j.S, enter 623 quickly and if a low came you get guard, if there was a delay in the string you press H to DP anything else. And thanks to the IG, you don't get fuzzy guard and because he did it to avoid the DP he can't do another air attack without doublejumping.

there isn't a 5 frame gap. i hope you aren't claiming that because of VV's execution time. also even if u IB j.S or j.H, at the right height, there really isnt something you can do that is guaranteed. also if the person is trying to bait the DP, usually there is a delay in the string, where then u DP into the stratosphere.

your mentality is assuming you always know what your opponent is doing, and that is generally not the case. sort of like how i mentioned before.

There is a 5 frame gap, and you can look it up in the basics under throw. I also implied it was the throw gap as I explained with my option select. When a person is finally delaying the string to bait the DP you got exactly what you want: him not trying to mix you up with normal vs throw; it means you changed a two way mixup into a three way mixup and that gives you more space to operate. You as a player should always know what your opponent is doing, if you don't know you lose. Now, you can't know what your opponent is doing in the beginning, perhaps, but then you can still make assumptions. Assuming that Sol will not guard the first mixup attempt he gets is reasonable and rather likely. So if you dped, the second time, its very likely he'll try to guard, and if he did... you knew what he was doing! Mission accomplished! At the same time you can't allow your opponent to know what you are doing, otherwise you also lose.

Hi I'm newly registered here but I've been looking around the forums for quite some time now.

I just have this issue with command inputs. Please take note I am playing Reload PC Version with a keyboard.

The problem is in executing Volcanic Viper. I have some screenshots in practice that shows instances where I input the same commands but one fails and the other is successful.

The inputs are read as follows: The leftmost icon shows the latest/newest input. This means that Volcanic Viper's input is read this way - from the leftmost to the right, where the last button of the sequence for VV input is the one at the leftmost.

Posted Image

Fig.1 - OK VV 1

Posted Image

Fig.2 - OK VV 2

Posted Image

Fig.3 - Failed VV (look at six leftmost inputs, exaclty the same as the ones in fig.2)

In Figs 1 and 2, I make a successful VV, even with different inputs. Compare Fig 1's 5 inputs to Fig 2's 6 inputs.

Also, Fig 3 shows a failed VV even with exactly the same input as Fig 2.

I can't figure out why some attempts fail even if they're exactly the same as inputs for ones that are successful. I also don't think timing is the issue here.

I appreciate your responses. :P

I'm also a newbie so I might have trouble understanding very technical responses. Thank you!

hm....well it might just be an issue of timing. You might be executing the HS of the VV before Sol actually recovers since there is recovery time even while he lands after doing the VV. I tired it out n stuff and ran into a similar problem with executing the attack too soon after Sol landed from the VV and the input display shows the input that didn't execute the VV. [i'm running GGXX#R on my windows vista laptop. Using PS2 Dream adapter and PS2 controller]

Not quite sure how useful this will be, but I've found that holding 3 can sometimes help. So, the input would be something like 623(hold)S/H or 6323(hold)S/H. Hopefully that will help a little. Mostly, though, it just takes practice. :)

Your input is 63236H while all you need is 623H so 2 out of your 5 inputs are irrelevant, if you're a bit slow that first 6 won't be in the buffer and you will not get a VV. You should DP with a Z motion (5623) and end in 3 position to get a consistent VV.

hey guys. i'm new here and been playing Sol. i have GGX, GGX2 (both i've had for like a year maybe) and i just got accent core this past weekend. just wanted to say hey and shit but if i have any questions i'll ask in here. edit/ nvm, i do have a question. i've seen videos where Sol players throw in a corner and can 5K after and it hits them and leads to combo. i've tried and can't get it >.< is it conditional/character specific or do i just have shitty timing?

edit/ nvm, i do have a question. i've seen videos where Sol players throw in a corner and can 5K after and it hits them and leads to combo. i've tried and can't get it >.< is it conditional/character specific or do i just have shitty timing?

It is indeed character specific, and it's harder on some than on others. Basically, if they can tech from your throw, you can 5K them. Also, here's a vid showing who it works on, and also shows ways to combo them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0C5wQ4czmo

EDIT: At least, I think it's character specific. I don't think I've ever gotten it to work nor seen it work on Johnny, Eddie, Venom, or Slayer (and I think Axl and Dizzy as well?), but, if I'm wrong, please correct me. =)

It is indeed character specific, and it's harder on some than on others. Basically, if they can tech from your throw, you can 5K them. Also, here's a vid showing who it works on, and also shows ways to combo them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0C5wQ4czmo

EDIT: At least, I think it's character specific. I don't think I've ever gotten it to work nor seen it work on Johnny, Eddie, Venom, or Slayer (and I think Axl and Dizzy as well?), but, if I'm wrong, please correct me. =)

It mostly does not work on your heavy characters, also stop playing reload. your two games behind.

Hey Veteru (or anyone for that matter) can you post up the combos from Air Throw > 5H > IAD link j.p > whatever? Jaison and Kyle told me you did 'em on lightweights but I haven't had my own game to practice on in over a month so any help would be nice. Also, any tips on inputting sj.IAD/ normal j. IAD to a 236 motion. (Sidewinder in this case) I try 196236+H but I always seem to get a VV to come out instead. Thanks.

for the sidewinder after the air dash, its just a matter of letting the controller go neutral after pushing forward. 8~66 *neutral* 236 H 96 *neutral* 236 H If that doesnt do it for you, can you try inputting a backwards motion just to get your own rhythm going, if you try airdash ~ 41236H (or 4236) instead of just 236 you should get it.

Also, any tips on inputting sj.IAD/ normal j. IAD to a 236 motion. (Sidewinder in this case) I try 196236+H but I always seem to get a VV to come out instead. Thanks.

Actually, that is very likely to happen. I think the game tends to see 6236 as a dragon punch in some cases(its rather ambiguous for the tests I did). I'm not sure what your requirements are, but for late, faultydefense's half circle would work. For early you might try 236956H, if you want a normal jump version with that you'll have to hold the 2 for a while so it skips the sj input.

I need to step up my offense, and find more ways to setup combos. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much information on the subject. Anyone have any good setups?

Hmm lets see... 2p > 2p blocked is a good set up for Wild Throw. It puts them at a range that they can't throw you and you can throw them. However that set up is best for people that try to throw you out of wild throw of course. If they try to backdash or jump after blocking a 2p, if you do a 2K it will hit. This can go into 2D > BR, or if you only did 1 2p, they're closer so you can get 2k > 2H > GV combo. Or you can do 2P straight into 6P to try for a CH. Sometimes c.S (delay) > 6P/5H/2H can work too, all are pretty mean on CH. I've caught people with 6P (blocked) > wild throw before. I know that may sound silly but it's just another thing to confuse them with XD 2p set ups are probably the most solid though. That's all i got for now

BB is just terrible in general i don't even recommend it if they are dizzy GF->FRC->WT is always an option if you got the timing

2p > 2p blocked is a good set up for Wild Throw. It puts them at a range that they can't throw you and you can throw them. However that set up is best for people that try to throw you out of wild throw of course.

This is misleading. A point blank 2P-2P or doing one with momentum will put you perfectly in their throw range. If they instant block, it's likely you'll be in their throw range as well. 2P-2P isn't always safe from having your WT attempt thrown.

If they try to backdash or jump after blocking a 2p, if you do a 2K it will hit. This can go into 2D > BR, or if you only did 1 2p, they're closer so you can get 2k > 2H > GV combo.

This is good, and 5K can be used to stuff jumps/backdashes as well. Typically 2K is used after 2P to punish a throw attempt or to be used as a tick throw set up.

Sol is way more about abare than his relatively weak mixup game. Whore J.HS, 5K, 2D, etc. BB is NOT a good wild throw set up...

Sol's abare is below average or average at best. Typically Sol needs to tension (outside of WT) to start his big damage combos, making his abare lacking.