Sign in to follow this  
Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

The earlier the BB will we blocked, the worser frames you'll have and the probability of being punished will be even greater. Even if blocked really late, no opponent will just stand there and eat WT. So no, you can pretty much forget this.

Right after Sol's foot and sword tip hit the ground. Or if you look at his hair, it's when his pony-tail goes up and the rest of his hair is flying back (before it falls forward again).

I'm finally going to break down and ask: What's a good visual or auditory cue for Gunflame FRC?

Visual cue is when Sol's Ponytail curves.

Visual cue is when Sol's Ponytail curves.

well i'll be damned...

but anyways, as for the necro, I'm looking for good sol gimmicks, (oxymoron?)

I don't care if its reliable/tension inefficient, whatever, I'm just lookin for some tricks that could work even once

for example

running deep 5K blocked, gunflame frc > wild throw

knockdown, BR FRC crossup > attack

what are some of your favs? I'm just trying to make for a flashier playstyle.

These are some funny things I do when I feel like being a little crazy: Riot Stomp FRC > 2K/2D/GV Jump in VV RC (blocked) > air dash j.S... or > land 2K/2D or > land WT knockdown > GF Feint (whiffs) > WT or Fefnir Standing within throw range after knockdown > GF FRC > jump (throw bait) Intentional whiff WT > VV Maybe I'll remember more later :sweatdrop:

my favorite would have to be the run up 5p5p into 6H make em think your going for the WT and get that CH 6H :)

I'm not a Sol player, but there's a lot of them spawning in my area, wanting to learn GGAC. I want to help them. A question has come up I couldn't answer. What exactly grants Sol's sidewinder a CLEAN HIT? At first, I thought it had something to do with hitting the opponent above or below the waist, then I figured it had to do something with hitting a part of the fist. After playing with it more, I just got confused altogether. Can somebody help me xD

I'm not a Sol player, but there's a lot of them spawning in my area, wanting to learn GGAC. I want to help them. A question has come up I couldn't answer. What exactly grants Sol's sidewinder a CLEAN HIT?

At first, I thought it had something to do with hitting the opponent above or below the waist, then I figured it had to do something with hitting a part of the fist. After playing with it more, I just got confused altogether. Can somebody help me xD

clean hits are different on every character

some are harder to find (lol bridget) and others like potempkin is liek easy mode

basically it is about above the waist on most clean sidewinders

just some characters take the hit differently or drop faster so it doesn't work

I'm not a Sol player, but there's a lot of them spawning in my area, wanting to learn GGAC. I want to help them. A question has come up I couldn't answer. What exactly grants Sol's sidewinder a CLEAN HIT?

At first, I thought it had something to do with hitting the opponent above or below the waist, then I figured it had to do something with hitting a part of the fist. After playing with it more, I just got confused altogether. Can somebody help me xD

What Tsak said above, and

for Sidewinder to clean hit, it has to hit close and in the right area (usually the crotch/mid torso area :psyduck:)

For it to hit the right place, you need to set it up with the right air attacks before the Sidewinder, or have them already be at the right elevation so you can go straight into it.

I thought AC changed the Clean Hit area from the kidney punch to the headshot :psyduck: It's definitely around the neck somewhere, but varies slightly depending on the character.

i'd like to say, aim for the chin on most characters, youll get random stuff to clean hit though if you hit deep enough, i've also found out that the window to clean hit gets smaller the longer the combo goes on, or at least after the first one, because the initial clean iht is always the easiest, and sometimes it just seems like they might just give me that first clean hit cuz it doesnt look like it hit the just right area

With some characters the proper area is their head. Like vs Ky I always punch the bastard in the face for the clean hit. Vs Johnny, it's the stomach. You gotta learn what the spot is for the cast. Everyone falls into some category. Mid-section, headshot etc....

heh with potemkin you can do it backwards and it still clean hits his clean hit range is huge lolz :I:

You gotta find the G-spot and J-J-J-JAM IT IN! I think the neck is a safe place to go for if you don't know. Hell, how many reps do you really need anyway? 2 CH Sidewinders are enough to maximize damage (hooray, damage reduction)

there are ways to up that number depending on the situation, if you can throw in an airdash j.S SW > empty jump SW then you can start getting like 4-5 sidewinders per combo and still get knockdown, other things to aim for are 2H > SW, or running j.D > SW, gunflame FRC > SW, its not that they necessarily up your damage by a lot per SW, but they allow for longer follow up combos /flex

I find that j.S is a good tool for hit-confirming sidewinder into Clean Hit. Over 90% of all my Wild Throw combos follow up with a guaranteed clean hit after j.S...only ones that are somewhat troublesome are ABA and maybe Johnny in that regard, otherwise it works with everyone else. Other things I've noted: 6P > 5s (close) > 2H > j.S. Sidewinder (almost always clean hit). low to mid-level j.D > Sidewinder (clean hits most people) 2H > j.S Sidewinder (cleanhit followup for the sidewinder loops) If you manage to get a successful Forcebreak Tyrant Rave in the corner, you can do j.S Sidewinder for another clean hit. Riot Stamp (Counterhit) > 5K > j.K > Sidewinder (clean hit for most) For "high rebounds from the last clean hit" you can do: land > j.S jc > j.S sidewinder again. And for awkward rebounds: j.S > j. H (first hit) > Sidewinder. There's probably more, but some prefer to use j.D or j.S for more damage, but getting it to center is harder. Certain Dust combos with Tension in the corner can let you do a Double Clean hit (Sidewinder RC Sidewinder) if you're close enough. Flashy useless cleanhit combo: 6H (stagger) > Grand Viper (Clean hit) > well-timed j.S. > Sidewinder (Clean hit) > begin Sidewinder loop. Oh yeah, and don't forget, Clean Hits give damage multiplier, so the more Clean Hits you have in a combo, the more damaging it is regardless of guard bar.

Last I checked I thought hit-confirm meant you hit and determine whether the hit is solid or not (or in this case, centered) and follow through. Am I wrong?

Generally to hit-confirm means to, well, confirm that you hit. It's generally used to refer to a situation in which it may be difficult to be sure if you've hit or been blocked in time to decide what to do next in the string. People will often talk about, for example, adding a jab to a string in order to make it easier to hitconfirm (Because that way they have a little extra time to notice that they've hit.) This is actually more relevant to more capcom-like games, as oftentimes in Guilty Gear, the string that you need to do if you hit is the same as the one you need to do if you're blocked for quite a bit longer. However, in certain situations, like fishing for specific counterhits, it's good to work up a better hitconfirm reflex for situations that happen often, so you won't drop your combos because you were unsure. While I guess you could talk about confirming a cleanhit, you're generally going to already be doing a combo, so the only way that could be necessary is if you're not very good at your combo and are messing it up. And even then, I can't imagine you can do much differently by realizing that your sidewinder didn't cleanhit, unless you're going to like... RC it and desperately try to salvage the combo...

Well it wouldn't be the first time I've done cleanhit on block, for what it's worth. And like I said, I use j.S, or j.H to center the Sidewinder, since it's a lot harder to get Sidewinder to land in and of itself.

Sign in to follow this