Sign in to follow this  
Hatred Edge

[Accent Core] Sol Badguy General Discussion

O yea since seems theres a trend of air move FRCs reseting jump stuff like ky andjohnny maybe sols does as well now? So if you do BR FRC loop maybe assuming that resets his jump like ky and johnny you could probably get some pretty crazy combos... Of course.. thats if it does.

O yea since seems theres a trend of air move FRCs reseting jump stuff like ky andjohnny maybe sols does as well now? So if you do BR FRC loop maybe assuming that resets his jump like ky and johnny you could probably get some pretty crazy combos... Of course.. thats if it does.

i have not even thought to try it, although i doubt it does, that would be way to powerful. however ill see.

Hold on people: is the Clean Hit feature a Sol EXCLUSIVE???!!! Sorry it hadn't really crossed my mind...:vbang: Cuz if it is Sol's badassery just went up 300 points! Mash mash mash GRANDAH VIPAH for clean hit! I haven't seen anyone else do a clean hit anything; maybe its a character only ability like 22>P,K,S,HS,D for Chipp or Autoguard for Anji? So..clean hit is a Sol exclusive?

In regards to Hatred Edge's original post... I only have one thing to say really: I love Dragon Install the way it is. Sure, it could be buffed up but that would break Sol's balance. Dragon Install is ridiculously strong, its only natural to have an aftershock attached onto it in order to lower its usage. I may be too noobish to realize but I do utilize Dragon Install quite a bit when I'm down and almost out. It's great for unnerving your opponent, and even more powerful in regards to destroying your opponent's tension or chipping them to death. Gun-flame spam will take off about a 10th of their HP in just chip damage if it is all blocked, and if they FD it, it will destroy a good portion of their tension. It's great for evening the playing field, or even removing half their HP. Two to three Super-Volcanic Vipers will remove 50% of their HP if timed correctly, even more if you follow through with a second Dragon Install. Also, I believe one can combo Dragon Install with Sidewinder if placed properly... but I don't own Slash so I've been unable to test that theory. But hey, to each his own. I prefer the ballistic type fighting.

If he's hit after dragon install ends he gets dizzy real fast, which means free instant kill. Also if he gets knocked down dragon install ends and he loses all tension. Another thing is that you can sit there and mostly block DI till it runs out. Sure they can tick throw, but by the time you would tick throw (including throw animations) the install would be even closer to being over. I don't even play Sol btw.

Dragon Install: the lazy man answer to being on the brink of death? Just wish that they left the time alone though. Less than 7 secs?! Dmg reduced is understandable but WTF is up with him losing ALL the tension on knockdown? He couldn't keep 25%? Jeez. Besides Dragon Install robs whatever defense Sol needs(its pure uber rushdown use only). DI Gunflame is just as slow on startup as reg gunflame and a whiffed Volcanic Viper leads straight into a free Sol rape session anyway. And why is only Gunflame, Bandit Revolver and Volcanic Viper got upgraded? I quit using Dragon Install. I used to only use it against CPU and jackass scrups cuz they freaked the fuck out. Its all "HOLY SHIT! NOT DRAGON INSTALL!" Dumbasses never caught on. Anyway....been practicing Gunflame FRC combos without Bandit Bringer. Sol still kicks ass! And the fact that Bandit Bringer has ground slide is great cuz it sends them into the corner! Exactly what I wanted! Plus Sidewinder combos are more damaging! Clean Hit Grand Viper is beast! Now people will fear the awesome Grand Viper! Clean Hit rocks Guilty Gear.

Id be pretty suprised if it didnt work at least on potemkin' date=' considering theres been videos of sol getting power dunk loops on him. So I would think it would be pretty plausiable.[/quote']

link to the vid please? >_<

So..does anyone now if there have been changes to how the game reads inputs now like Wild Throw? Cuz I can't do fucking Wild Throw in Slash on less I'm on P2 side which means I can't do a damn running Wild Throw like in #Reload.

Your command inputs have to be more percise than in the previous games. Don't do it correct and you'll end up usually with running BR. It's the same with in air HS version VV. If your input's wrong, you'll most likely get SW instead. All you can really do is practice until it becomes second nature.

Just to say I belive I read awhile ago that air dash combos after power dunk are at least confirmed against johnny.. havnt read anything about potemkin and others that youd think would be obvious... But IIRC I did see it posted vs johnny. Also maybe old by now but you can loop grand vipers as well. EDIT: oh yea just to say thankfully, unlike power dunk loops, grand viper loop acctualy does damage thank god lol.

Ah... You power dunk, you land then you air dash to combo. No RC. And yes grand viper loop just keep doing it over and over again. No idea if it takes timeing or not as of course I havnt played the game. But it does a lot of damage for what it is in the videos ive seen of it.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Grandah Vipah loop? Post link to vid! I must see the Grand Viper loop! Bah! I have trouble downloading vids from filebank:sweatdrop: I can only watch friggin youtube.......

Random thought... Since sidewinder clean hit is higher now. Is it possible to get block strings with it for more of a advantage off attacks now? So say can you jump in with side winder, and can you now get the clean hit on standing gaurd, where as before I belive you could only clean hit a blocking air opponent.. But is it at all possible perhaps for maybe clean hit on block for standing? that might make for something wierd... perhaps...

Sign in to follow this