Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

Good information guys, keep it coming!

Once I get the chance, I may make a video displaying specific and certain resets/mix-ups he has to offer. May even put into detail why it works, since getting a better idea of what his options are after certain block strings would be good to know.

All I know is that I will main Aki. At first I was going to main Chie because she reminds me on Jam but then I saw Aki and I about flipped out. "My favorite character in P3 is in a fighting game, take all of my money."

Akihiko looks like he is going to be a very popular character. Expect downloads.

@Dacid

That's pretty interesting, but I'm glad. Diversity is nice. Also (a bit unrelated but) I'm guessing there's some newer players too because of the P4A release?

Lol are there any Akihiko players that are worth mentioning?

Norcal Aki is me and Tenkai, for Japan I think I'd recommend Tetsuo or Kubo

Norcal Aki is me and Tenkai, for Japan I think I'd recommend Tetsuo or Kubo

Game is on day negative -9 or whatever, already top player. Only Dacidbro!

So I looked at the hitboxes on the wiki. You should too. I came. Aki basically has Super Turbo disjointed hitboxes...explains a bit.

Game is on day negative -9 or whatever, already top player. Only Dacidbro!

So I looked at the hitboxes on the wiki. You should too. I came. Aki basically has Super Turbo disjointed hitboxes...explains a bit.

Not biting, Dai :]

I'll check the hitboxes, for sure.

hmmmm i need help i been playing this game for 5 days now and it's freaking awesome and i have some combos but i have a problem on challenge 27 of akihiko i can't seem connect the first bommerang hook i tried using 4d>4a but the dummy just tech really early so i'm thinking of using 5c>4d>4a i don't know if it will work i'm on a vacation lol but here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHvID3tSv8

appreciated any help

Nice tips Dacid, will try that stuff out.

I'm having trouble with Kanji as well. One of the big problems is it's risky to jump to avoid a grab because the first 5 frames of your jump are unsafe, so if he does a normal you're going to eat it. You can't AC roll out either, grab beats that. Double upper is also risky because if he does the invulnerable version of his grab he'll go right through the double upper and grab you. Backdashing is also not very safe because the dropkick will catch that. It's a true RPS game with no universally safe option, save spending lots of tension or a burst.

Also: Anyone have any good block strings and mixups? I'm trying to find a block string that will let me get a lvl 3 boomerang hook at the end.

Nice tips Dacid, will try that stuff out.

I'm having trouble with Kanji as well. One of the big problems is it's risky to jump to avoid a grab because the first 5 frames of your jump are unsafe, so if he does a normal you're going to eat it. You can't AC roll out either, grab beats that. Double upper is also risky because if he does the invulnerable version of his grab he'll go right through the double upper and grab you. Backdashing is also not very safe because the dropkick will catch that. It's a true RPS game with no universally safe option, save spending lots of tension or a burst.

Also: Anyone have any good block strings and mixups? I'm trying to find a block string that will let me get a lvl 3 boomerang hook at the end.

use 5a(2)>5b>killrush a> cancel it to c5 or 5d> 4c or 4d>4a or 4b use 4b if you want to charge your bommerang hook

Ahaha found an airtight blockstring that will work on anyone that Aki's rising j.A will hit while they're standing. Basically, from anywhere on screen, 5A j.c. j.A j.B (land) 66A, repeat over and over until you get a guard bonus. Not helpful in game at all really, but interesting enough lol.

Sounds like it will fuzzy if they try to crouch after the 5a.

Yeah, of course the blockstring is only really airtight if they stay standing, but it could make for something pretty gimmicky. Who knows lol. It's pretty lolzy though just when I watch the j.A with it's seemingly amazing hitbox.

Also, I don't know if this is common knowledge but I didn't realize you could hold 5C/2C/j.C and it'll keep the gravity pull thingy from starting. Holding it for as long as possible causes the persona to disappear.

EDIT: I'm a derp sorry for double posting.

There's another tight blockstring that uses only 5A and j.A. It's 5A j.c. j.A j.A j.A (it's rhythmic) and repeat.

I have to say I really hate Kanji, and if I met him in real life I would shoot him without hesitation.

Regards to the fuzzy guards, aaaall the better to frame-trap you my deeeear

Mind composing a list of who it works on (the fuzzy blockstrings)?

This will be good for the technical thread.

Fixed.

Anyway, should we use the fact that Akihiko is probably the least used character to our advantage?

Actually, Akihiko relies even less on his Persona than Chie, judging from the stats.

Akihiko's stats:

P4A_Graph_Akihiko.png

Chie's stats:

P4A_Graph_Chie.png

yea i would say he has the most non used persona simply b/c it only does 2 moves ( non special related )

Yeah sure, though I think I'll do that tomorrow because...well I need to wake up, and I already turned off ps3 lol. By the way, posted quite a few combos in the Technical thread, but I don't have some of the notations the same as what was shown, and I didn't put an arrow between hits. I was kind of just buzzing through that akihiko vid and didn't realize I should've looked to make sure lol. Nevertheless there are some combos.

And the blockstring so far works on our good old pal Yu :v:

So it looks like you can cancel your cyclone moves into AoA as well. Wonder if there's a bonus there...

Maybe there's some kind of godlike combo you can do on a fatal lvl3 boomerang hook lol

By the way, something interesting people might want to experiment more with is holding down 5D in neutral and using it to put yourself in range when the opponent doesn't expect it. Earlier today I used it with an EX Kill Rush, so the delayed pull effect is probably something that can be used effectively. Too bad I'm just terrible, gah.

i was thinking about that 5D persona pull statement when i first saw the move done on stream and im sure if used correctly say have ceaser on the opposite end or mid screen vs someone who is a zone character so that they are somewhat forced to be near you so that applying pressure is a little easier rather than just chasing them across the board when they clearly have more range then you prime example aki vs nao (let see here shoot boxer vs a gun who has more range hmm smart game would say range the boxer till u can lure a combo well aki says bish plz im forcing you near me)