Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

sooooo i just noticed you can combo into an AOA if you connect a EX Boomerang hook O.O dont know if this is already known through out the forum but i find it to be handy if you ever land one

Does Aki have a single matchup that's in his favor?

Aki is a tuff character to learn, but I wouldn't say he has zero good match ups (but Japan thinks so).

You're going to be blocking a lot with this character.

I don't understand why you guys were testing cyclone levels with moves ex.aoa ....this info has been available for months and months....wtf is a wiki.

Also akihiko has tons of good matchups if your not an idiot. He gains the most from doing nothing but being safe. Just insta block and for the love of god don't b+d raw unless you have 50 percent to cancel. Actually if you can't insta block a lot don't play this character. All the blocking you do turns into a mountain of meter

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Just insta block and for the love of god don't b+d raw unless you have 50 percent to cancel. Actually if you can't insta block a lot don't play this character.

Should I be instant blocking everything? If I instant block a multi hitting attack will the rest of the attacks count as insta block or do I have to do it like a 3rd strike parry and tap back for each hit. Can I even block the first part of a string, then instant block the last hits so I can recover faster(like red parry in 3rd strike)?

Is there a safe way to instant block. MAN is there just something I can read/watch about insta blocks and their usage?

u have to keep pressing it i believe but to be honest unless im offline i wouldnt dare take the chance to do an instant block on a multi attack as if it were a parry on third strike for a while. unless its fucking yu's dp that thing is a nusance

If you insta block a hit on multi hit it will insta block most if not all. Setup yukkiko on recording in training mode. Insta block is too easy in this game. Probably the only easy thing.

Also people need to take advantage of the hold button buffer inputs for punishes . If you white block something unsafe and hold the button you wish to punish with within a few frames of guard recovery you'll perform the most optimal punish automatically.this is essential to akihiko as he has the best punishes that also have easy mode option select bait burst.

I doubt akihiko is really at an advantage in any match. He is at most just even with people. Other characters have more options for playing a safe game then akihiko does. Akihiko has no way to zone people at all, this alone gives him a huge liability against most of the cast. Luckily he has ways in but you have to be smart as no one option is safe from everything.

Matchups that are Bad:

Mitsuru

Teddy

Yosuke

Matchups that are sort of okay but more annoying:

Yukiko

Elizabeth

Naota

Matchups that are okay:

Chie

Yu

kanji

akihiko

S.Labrys (maybe needs to move not enough experience)

Labrys

See i don't think Yukiko is "OK" at all, i believe it's quite bad. There's no way she isn't bad but Teddy is

I think its easier to get into an effective range to fight yukiko than teddy. Also I have fought better teddies than yukikos... soo take it what you will. I mean Yukiko could possibly be moved to bad but she has lowish health, doesn't do that much damage and in my experience since she doesn't have a super annoying normal (j.b is probably the closest) it just doesn't seem as bad as teddy. just an opinion though.

She has an annoying normal, it's any standing normal move. 5a is great to just throw out there before, after and during both hers and ours blockstrings and combos.

You are able to say the matchups are good just because you are the smarter player. What happens if your opponent is an equally smart player?

Also people need to take advantage of the hold button buffer inputs for punishes . If you white block something unsafe and hold the button you wish to punish with within a few frames of guard recovery you'll perform the most optimal punish automatically.this is essential to akihiko as he has the best punishes that also have easy mode option select bait burst.

Could someone elaborate on this/provide examples?

You are able to say the matchups are good just because you are the smarter player. What happens if your opponent is an equally smart player?

Then the matches are drug out or go 50/50. I'm just saying he has the tools to deal with any situation if you apply yourself. That was also a retarded question.

Example.......I dunno go record something in training mode and learn something. This applies to any punish. Its not situational.I test literally anything that I have problems punishing even though I know for sure its unsafe.I even test things I'm not sure of....what the fuck is learning.

Dustloop makes me sad as per usual. Haven't been on this forum in ages and its still people who want everyone else to do the work for them.

Also read a game mechanic primer for a game ffs before you start playing. Only seems logical to do.It will tell you anything you need to know. No one should have to even mention this kind of shit.

Lol it's a forum, you seriously wanna judge people as wanting others to do work for them based on one reply from a person that might have just wanted to understand what you were saying more clearly?

You don't even know the half of it. I'm already done with this nonsense. I was hoping to have in-depth discussions but after I checked most threads I realized my faith was misplaced.

Dl is still only good for two things gg data and hokuto no Ken info.

Then the matches are drug out or go 50/50. I'm just saying he has the tools to deal with any situation if you apply yourself. That was also a retarded question.

I see, so the condition to consider a matchup to be good is to be smarter than your opponent. I asked that question that way and i got exactly the response i predicted. By your logic, everyone can have good matchups.

It's funny how PQ's going ragemode when he clearly doesn't understand the concept of a match-up. It assumes that players of equal and highest possible skill level are playing against eachother and weighs which character has the advantage, if any. If your point is that Akihiko has the tools to deal with anything (which is completely wrong), then say that his match-ups are even, not his match-ups are good when you're smarter. :|

Lets talk about something else.

I play a lotta rushdown chars in games. Staying close and using frametraps is just hype to me. And I was thinking while just mashing in training mode the other day, who would be the closest char to Aki in SF currently. I was gonna say Dudley because they have a lotta the same moves, but his reversal is slightly lackluster.. So I was gonna put him more as a Cody.

What do you guys think?

I guess Have the most retarded question. I am kinda new to this game only got it 2 after release in the us. And after trying alot of characters and losing a redicluse amount of matches I have come here in search of guidance because as much as I love Akihiko he has some of the worst match ups( as far as I can tell). Now I maybe new to this game I am not a new to fighting games. But trying to figure this out and well my old method of grinding it out just isn't doing the trick. So if anyone has the time thanks but if not I understand and sorry for wasting everyone's time thank you.