Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

oh he has bad matchups all around you kinda have to beat around to find the other characters weaknesses to win as well as knowing your options aki is best for getting air combos off into pressure then learn the rushdown tactics and just exploit your opponents weak points also use frame data to your advantage. i like to call Aki the 2b God of persona =D

oh he has bad matchups all around you kinda have to beat around to find the other characters weaknesses to win as well as knowing your options aki is best for getting air combos off into pressure then learn the rushdown tactics and just exploit your opponents weak points also use frame data to your advantage. i like to call Aki the 2b God of persona =D

Where's the frame data?

Lets talk about something else.

I play a lotta rushdown chars in games. Staying close and using frametraps is just hype to me. And I was thinking while just mashing in training mode the other day, who would be the closest char to Aki in SF currently. I was gonna say Dudley because they have a lotta the same moves, but his reversal is slightly lackluster.. So I was gonna put him more as a Cody.

What do you guys think?

cody reversals options are significantly worse than duds. aki is more akin to dud if anything tbh.

Now the staying close and using frametraps makes him very close to Dudley. But Dud's Machinegun Blow works no where like the speed and the accessibility of Kill Rush which is one of his best tools to get in and pressure. I would have to compare him more with Fei Long rekkas from that distance since it closes distances so fast and at distances where you could only punish with 2A, you would cancel that into Kill Rush, much like Fei Long doing cr. L into Rekkas as punish/footsie.

He's most similar to Dudley, but it's like Dudley was shot repeatedly by a gang and reborn as RoboCop-Dudley.

I just wanted to say that this is one of the most amusing things I've read here in awhile. Stay gdlk Dacid.

He's most similar to Dudley, but it's like Dudley was shot repeatedly by a gang and reborn as RoboCop-Dudley.

sigged~

Or I would if it wasn't so long Q_Q

It's like.. he really is most like Dudley, in comparison to any other FG character.. but that sells him SO SHORT.

This character is so liberating. Having so much fun, but keeping track of the near infinite paths in offense is tricky while still reading your opponent. Looks so fluid though.

I need 5k if its slayer please.... also Muhammad Ali said float like a butterfly that jump don't float, lol.

Akihiko is def fun, and when you get his offense right its amazing, but when you can't even get it started : (

I always thought that AKi is more like Dudley and Vanessa from KoF. Or more so like Vanessa and Steve from SFxT.

akihiko is most like AE2012 makoto. shitty pokes and gets zoned out easy, but has better mobility than grapplers and god help you if he gets in and guesses right

at least dudley wasnt out matched (match up wise) in almost everything in his game XD

I couldn't disagree more. I feel like he loses very few matchups. General tournament results in important tournaments seem to show him as a powerful character.

I couldn't disagree more. I feel like he loses very few matchups. General tournament results in important tournaments seem to show him as a powerful character.

tell that to everyone else who doesnt play aki they seem to think otherwise. Personally the only match ups i have issues with are the ones that include Mitsuru, Elizabeth, and Yukko and the occasional good Aigis. Yu to me is even minus the over used dp, Teddie to me is a near ez win now, yo is just annoying to catch, aki vs aki to me is just good fun, Labrys is even, S.Lab easier then reg in my opinion, Chie is 50/50 depends on if i time that block thats an over head into a low kick she has and finally the oh so mighty Kanji is just a footsie match Yay mind games.

tell that to everyone else who doesnt play aki they seem to think otherwise. Personally the only match ups i have issues with are the ones that include Mitsuru, Elizabeth, and Yukko and the occasional good Aigis. Yu to me is even minus the over used dp, Teddie to me is a near ez win now, yo is just annoying to catch, aki vs aki to me is just good fun, Labrys is even, S.Lab easier then reg in my opinion, Chie is 50/50 depends on if i time that block thats an over head into a low kick she has and finally the oh so mighty Kanji is just a footsie match Yay mind games.

Why would I listen to people who don't play Akihiko about how he's weak..

Rather just watch Kubo stomp people into the ground over and over again.

right now everyone is competitive.

S: ppl who can kill you

A+: ppl who can kill you with a good read

Only matchups that really frustrate me are Mitsuru, Yukiko, and Elizabeth (to a lesser extent).

Maybe Yosuke as well, but that match is more silly than frustrating, lol

Why would I listen to people who don't play Akihiko about how he's weak..

Rather just watch Kubo stomp people into the ground over and over again.

I believe everyone is viable, but there's point where it doesn't matter what character is winning because it's the player. Kubo is godlike at whatever game he's in.

Just like ROCK in Soul Calibur 4, Rock is AWFUL but there were great Rock players that won, it wasn't Rock that won it was the players.

Meh. Aki's a good char. Anyone with a brain can see that he is. No excuses or add on statements to it.

I believe everyone is viable, but there's point where it doesn't matter what character is winning because it's the player. Kubo is godlike at whatever game he's in.

Just like ROCK in Soul Calibur 4, Rock is AWFUL but there were great Rock players that won, it wasn't Rock that won it was the players.

If Kubo can win these matchups, so can anyone else, theoretically. Obviously the statement is too all encompassing, but he's proving there's no reason to think the character is weak.

If Kubo can win these matchups, so can anyone else, theoretically. Obviously the statement is too all encompassing, but he's proving there's no reason to think the character is weak.

There is reason to think he's weak, it's just not as bad as everyone, including me, says it is. But the player means way more than the character. Kubo is at a greater level than most Persona players anywhere, so it doesn't matter who he chooses to use. You can just see that he has control 90% of the time. If/when he runs into someone else who is like that using anyone not Akihiko, that's the only time we can judge.

Of course we can never tell that either, if another is as good as Kubo in a player sense, so it's just a long roundabout loop that leads back to people complaining again.