Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Gameplay Discussion

214c can cancel into anything quickly enough to not eat CHs.

This includes plain recovery.

I'm shocked no one noticed that 214c gradually builds meter.

*has finally played*

Yeah, Probably no one posted it because they thought it was known by others or posted before?

lol 214C is pretty useful against Naoto(provided you have some sort of health lead), At max range it's pretty much free meter and most I get to play get impatient and come at me XD and yeah, recovery is pretty much non-existent and you could cancel to anything.

Bait the weaving punish with DP!...well sometimes it can work. You can also lure them into trying to punish it and then do EX ducking > cork for a possible fatal counter.

Lol I almost feel like I have too many options to choose from and then I end up not figuring out which one would be best to do, but yeah I know 214C is really fast in both recovery and startup, plus it can be canceled so I mean it is pretty much free meter lol.

I found this out myself the other day and used it against my friends naoto... He got impatient and from full screen ran all the way over to me so I hit him with dp lol it was a fun night of P4U lol

Are there any tip for hitting the 5B after the 236A+b => 6D +> DP? Just got the game a few hous ago and I can't seem to hit this mid-screen. Oh and while i'm at it, any tips for Akihiko's last challenge?

If you asking about his mission I think 28 I did it in the corner much easier timing and for mission 30 you can find a video online. But if you lazy the inputs are kill rush b, one more burst, kill rush sb, duck, dp, miziodyne, (while they are falling) duck, weave, dp miziodyne (lv 3 or it won't work). I think that's it typed it from memory so I may be off or mixed up duck and weave lol

Are there any tip for hitting the 5B after the 236A+b => 6D +> DP? Just got the game a few hous ago and I can't seem to hit this mid-screen. Oh and while i'm at it, any tips for Akihiko's last challenge?

To hit 5b after the DP launch, you'll want to do a microdash 5b, it's a little tight at first but the timing becomes more familiar as you practice it.

because i am pissed off naoto zoning me i just notice you can use weave c version to dodge those bullets and you can even gain sp by just doing that it's quite effective and do some shenanigans if she rush down you like double upper and akihiko's D move is effective on her because she can't place traps and zone you when she is getting suck in but i will try if akihiko can dogde elizabeth zio (problably not lol)

if you read this carefully i'm pretty sure that i told you gain sp by doing 214c

Crisisedge: Ahhh thanks, I found the video and finished the challenge.

Chazmobile: A dash? That explains why it works only in the corner. I just thought my execution was ass haha.

Does anyone have any tips on doing the FC loops? Example: 5b FC > 214c => 6c => b+d > [2b > j.b] x4 > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a => 6c => 6a => 236236b. I usually mess up somewhere in the 2b>j.b reps, so I don't know if I'm messing up on the timing of the j.b's or 2b...@.@ I've tried using 5b instead of 2b since its been done in videos before, but its not any easier. lol.

2b has to his kinda low, but not too low, and the j.b has a very very slight delay.

Rather than wade through all these posts hoping to piece something together I figured I may as well just ask since I couldn't find one in the gameplay discussion thread. What is akihiko's general playstyle. I really have not paid attention to this fighter much until now and am trying to choose my character. Its between this guy and the guy with the 2 kunai's. Just wondering how people would describe him. If I had to guess seems like a rush down heavy damage based char but I honestly don't know what I'm talking about in this game.

Rather than wade through all these posts hoping to piece something together I figured I may as well just ask since I couldn't find one in the gameplay discussion thread. What is akihiko's general playstyle. I really have not paid attention to this fighter much until now and am trying to choose my character. Its between this guy and the guy with the 2 kunai's. Just wondering how people would describe him. If I had to guess seems like a rush down heavy damage based char but I honestly don't know what I'm talking about in this game.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Akihiko_Sanada

2b has to his kinda low, but not too low, and the j.b has a very very slight delay.

When you meant very very slight, you were NOT kidding. lol. Its pretty difficult adjusting for the timing of it because the delay is so minute.

EDIT: Actually, once you get the timing down, its pretty much auto-pilot. :)

AK's playstyle is to get zoned by everybody, take it like a bitch, wait for your chance, then kill them in 2-3 combos. That stuff about paralysis and Caesar in the wiki is not really applicable, even if the opponent cant control their movement they still have vastly superior range options. I'm sure many of you have used the Caesar gravity pull only to get hit in the face anyway.

You got to be very patient and make every hit count. Make them respect the fact that if they misuse their furious action, a 5B fatal counter combo will take a huge chunk off their hp for free.

Getting zoned or getting outspaced. Though yeah Caesar hasn't exactly helped an incredible amount. It helps somewhat against rushdown characters, but I think the time and location of the placement are a bit more important than using him for actually just getting in.

When you meant very very slight, you were NOT kidding. lol. Its pretty difficult adjusting for the timing of it because the delay is so minute.

EDIT: Actually, once you get the timing down, its pretty much auto-pilot. :)

how many repetitions of that B loop can it do? with and without FC

how many repetitions of that B loop can it do? with and without FC

Depending on the starter I think the max you'll probably *want* to do is 2, while FC'll give you 4. Well, roughly speaking. It all depends on the combo lol.

I'm sure many of you have used the Caesar gravity pull only to get hit in the face anyway.

STORY OF MY LIFE.

Thanks for all the helpful posts, hes a bit of an odd pick for me. I tend to end up picking the super fast rushdown character that has meh damage but tons of options. Sounds like he'll teach me to play a little more barebones.