Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Q&A/F.A.Q - Ask a question, get an answer here.

Yeah, the different move properties will be the big one. I don't think adapting to the playstyle will be as troublesome.

How do you get J.214A/B to ground bounce? (Besides double jump...I think I've seen someone do that move and get bounce without the 2nd jump in a combo, I just can't seem to do it. orz )

How do you get J.214A/B to ground bounce? (Besides double jump...I think I've seen someone do that move and get bounce without the 2nd jump in a combo, I just can't seem to do it. orz )

It needs to travel a sufficient distance down before it hits. That's all there is to it. (This also affects is frame data and makes it less awful on block; I think j.214B becomes neutral after falling long enough.)

Can Slab not use her DP on wakeup? keep trying to, and every time i do, its beaten out by a 5A...

You absolutely can wakeup DP. Though if they're doing 5A, you should beware of people OSing against it with meaty 5AA > confirm what you've done and cancel to their own DP if they see themselves hitting against yours. Autoguard is really not as good as invuln. There's a lot of things it can lose to but that just feels particularly bad, haha...

All Furious Actions are from frame 1. So S.Labrys's autoguard starts from frame 1. If you are being counterhit, you wouldn't be entering it properly (unless they are DP'ing you back after realizing you are using it).

... Well, the DP doesn't become active until frame 15, but it gains autoguard on frame 1, yes. It's not THAT bad, lol ε: If you're getting counterhit out of it at the start you are probably messing up the button press or something, and you're actually getting hit out of 5B.

is it not instant then? I keep getting counterhit, which i was under the impression was an impossibility because it was a DP...

Are you getting counterhit by the 5a it self , or someting else?

Hitting myself for not saving the replay, but as it was pretty laggy, I'll accept unintentionally throwing out a 5B as the most probable answer. And regarding the autoguard it seems like i absolutely can't throw it out on Yu lol >_>

While on this subject, I had a follow-up question: I'm doing FC 5B(5C)>2B>jc>j.BB>djc air turn>j.214B etc etc. It was mentioned earlier that you can get j.214B to bounce at the right height, but I can't seem to do so without adding the air turn. Furthermore, even with the air turn, I can't get this combo to work on anyone except Chie. Any tips?

While on this subject, I had a follow-up question: I'm doing FC 5B(5C)>2B>jc>j.BB>djc air turn>j.214B etc etc. It was mentioned earlier that you can get j.214B to bounce at the right height, but I can't seem to do so without adding the air turn. Furthermore, even with the air turn, I can't get this combo to work on anyone except Chie. Any tips?

The reason it doesn't work facing forward is because there needs to be a certain distance between you and your opponent before the final hit connects. It's not a specific height where it always works, it's a specific time period from the activation to the hit against the opponent. When you do it facing forward it hits too early, so you have to air turn to make them fall further down.

For Chie you need to adjust it depending on her height when you air turn, there is no specific timing, so you'll just have to practice and get a feel for it.

So I heard something about S. Labrys has something along the lines of unscaled damage and unbreakable persona glitch. Can anyone tell me if this is true and where to find the information on this?

I've heard it on a VOD and small bits of it on shoryuken but still no information. I even tried doing a google search. Unless I am blind and just read over it i don't think i found it anywhere.

So I heard something about S. Labrys has something along the lines of unscaled damage and unbreakable persona glitch. Can anyone tell me if this is true and where to find the information on this?

I've heard it on a VOD and small bits of it on shoryuken but still no information. I even tried doing a google search. Unless I am blind and just read over it i don't think i found it anywhere.

My understanding is that it is they hit your DP autoguard and an SB skill autoguard at the same time, you get that except-by-super autoguard on Asterius for the rest of the match, or something like that. But I've never actually been able to get it to work! I might not have all the details quite correct?

[1:40:28 PM] : BD

[1:40:54 PM] : Then you kara asterius' blocking animation he gets from bd into ex command grab

[1:41:22 PM] : If they attack and it hits both asterius' guard point and the bd guardpoint he becomes unbreakable for the rest of the round

This is the explanation I've heard floating around, but

I just don't think it's accurate.

Edit: There's also the glitch of doing a persona move as you get persona broken and having it come out anyway; if you have the timing to do Titanomachia you can pretty much have that whole recovery period covered, which is pretty cool. It's not Shabrys specific though. It's also weirdly inconsistent sometimes for reasons I don't fully understand.

The reason it doesn't work facing forward is because there needs to be a certain distance between you and your opponent before the final hit connects. It's not a specific height where it always works, it's a specific time period from the activation to the hit against the opponent. When you do it facing forward it hits too early, so you have to air turn to make them fall further down.

For Chie you need to adjust it depending on her height when you air turn, there is no specific timing, so you'll just have to practice and get a feel for it.

Alright, I will mess around with that a bit and thanks.

What combo's are you guys getting after Massive Slaughter? The best meterless I've gotten is ... > j.B > jc.A > 236A for 2654 damage, which is good enough damage, but doesn't seem to reset the vortex.

What combo's are you guys getting after Massive Slaughter? The best meterless I've gotten is ... > j.B > jc.A > 236A for 2654 damage, which is good enough damage, but doesn't seem to reset the vortex.

2B > j.B > dj.A > j.214A is the best route, it let's you go back into oki. In the corner do 2B > j.BB > dj.214B.

Quick question here:

When guarding against an opponent's blockstring while holding down D, if the opponent throws, will I still be able to tech the throw while holding down the D button?

You cannot tech a throw while holding down D, even if you shortcut C+D throw to a button and press it while holding down D. You have to release D to tech a throw.

You cannot tech a throw while holding down D, even if you shortcut C+D throw to a button and press it while holding down D. You have to release D to tech a throw.

Oh okay, thanks. It bothered me that during a few matches, I was unable to tech my opponent's throw even though I could see it coming, but this clears things up.

also Nihil is that you

Another really quick and basic question about S.Lab:

For her 236C/D attack, can you cross up the pillar of fire? i.e. using Evasive Action to go through your opponent right before the pillar explodes.