Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Combo Thread "I am not done beating you yet!"

Minor thing: in (almost) any combo involving 2A > 2AB, you can use 5B > 2AB instead. Little more damage, and it sets you up for mixups down the line. Just press it as quickly as possible and it'll combo, crouching or standing.

Minor thing: in (almost) any combo involving 2A > 2AB, you can use 5B > 2AB instead. Little more damage, and it sets you up for mixups down the line. Just press it as quickly as possible and it'll combo, crouching or standing.

I mean, you just gotta know your spacing and hitconfirm. This is super minor but you can even gatling 5AA > 2A > 5B > 2AB in one combo, but again it depends on your spacing and your ability to recognize the hit confirm.

Little combo I haven't seen anyone mention yet, good damage off of 5AA confirm. Better than any of the 5AA sweep combos listed in the OP. Some variations:

5AA > 2AB OMC, 2C > 5B > 2B xx 236B~214B > 236A/B [2906 dmg, requires 50 SP, builds 9]

5AA > 2A > 2AB OMC, 2C > 5B > 2B xx 236B~214B > 236A/B [2912 dmg, requires 50 SP, builds 10]

5AA > 5B > 2AB OMC, 2C > 5B > 2B xx 236B~214B > 236A/B [3008 dmg, requires 50 SP, builds 11]

5AA > 2A > 5B > 2AB OMC, 2C > 5B > 2B xx 236B~214B > 236A/B [3003 dmg, requires 50 SP, builds 12]

You can also go into 236CD like so:

5AA > 2AB OMC, 2C > 5B > 2B xx 236CD, j.B |> 2B xx 236C > 236A/B [3459 dmg, requires 75 SP, builds 10]

You have to slightly delay the 5B after the OMC, 2C for the 236CD to connect afterwards, though.

214B reset

Sorry, I haven't tried this out yet. Some things to think about:

Do you have to guess or do you have time to react to the way they tech?

What's the spacing like if you guess wrong - are you open to getting punished?

Can they j.A or or dash or can Yu/Mitsuru B+D you out of it?

Frame data would really help answer some of these...

In all honesty, you'll figure out if the reset works by trying it.

But what about post combo options and situations? You can lose to some people so fast. That's why those sweep combos are good though.

Depending on spacing, you can do 5/2/j.D to keep them where they are. If you are in close & they are turtling, you can do a 5B > 214C. If they try a slowish attack, the 5B will counter and you can go into a better combo. If you are on top of them, though, you have to be wary of a B+D attack, so don't get predictable with the 5B. Depending on the match up you'll have to do something different.

Has anyone tried something like j.A+C, back dash, j.B/C when they are on top of a downed opponent?

Been messing around with Kanji's corner fatal combos; comboing into his DP, then his Ass Whoopin' Tatsumi Style. After the combo, your opponent is in shock state, and the chair will fall on them to help Kanji a bit. Really good position for Kanji.

And example of a combo I would do...

A+B, D (fatal), 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, B+D, 236236A/B.

j.C (fatal), j.B, 2B, 236B, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, B+D, 236236A/B.

Been messing around with Kanji's corner fatal combos; comboing into his DP, then his Ass Whoopin' Tatsumi Style. After the combo, your opponent is in shock state, and the chair will fall on them to help Kanji a bit. Really good position for Kanji.

And example of a combo I would do...

A+B, D (fatal), 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, B+D, 236236A/B.

j.C (fatal), j.B, 2B, 236B, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, B+D, 236236A/B.

If you want that in exchange for a damage cut like that, then you can get it off of pretty much Any fatal.

Just be like 5C(FC)>2C>5B>2Bxx236B,2A>2Bxx236B,2AxxB+Dxx236236A/B

So is there anything really cool you can do with shock+ chair cover? It doesn't seem super meaningful to me because the Shock mix ups seem like they don't change with the chair present? Iunno. I'm still learning.

It doesn't do anything, just makes some of your mix ups safe. Say you went for a tick throw and they short hoped it. The chair will fall and cover you. Many times, you can just chill and see what they do. There is a lot of pressure when you are cornered, can't move or jump, against Kanji.

It doesn't do anything, just makes some of your mix ups safe. Say you went for a tick throw and they short hoped it. The chair will fall and cover you. Many times, you can just chill and see what they do. There is a lot of pressure when you are cornered, can't move or jump, against Kanji.
Well, yeah, but it's not 'real' pressure in most cases.

They have a lot of options still, you can't count on people to freak out, does it punish some things? Also that mid screen combo seems to not work on the entire cast.

Well, yeah, but it's not 'real' pressure in most cases.

They have a lot of options still, you can't count on people to freak out, does it punish some things? Also that mid screen combo seems to not work on the entire cast.

More pressure than if they have no ailment or chair to worry about, Osuna.

Of course they still have options. I never say they didn't. This is meant to limit their options, to help aid in Kanji's oki.

It is not meant to punish things, just makes thing easier for Kanji.

I never said to do this in mid screen... Been messing around with Kanji's corner fatal combos

More pressure than if they have no ailment or chair to worry about, Osuna.

Of course they still have options. I never say they didn't. This is meant to limit their options, to help aid in Kanji's oki.

It is not meant to punish things, just makes thing easier for Kanji.

I never said to do this in mid screen... Been messing around with Kanji's corner fatal combos

I'm guessing you didn't remember the entire context of our conversation. I said that you could easily do similar combos mid screen, citing one I had used myself, which I later brought up was character specific.

I'll rephrase my question. What all does this even Do? Shock barely limits people at all in oki since they didn't really have many places to go to being with and falling chair's effect was only described in one weird situation making a whiff safer under very specific conditions.

So, what else does it limit? What are the actual limits caused by this corner knockdown with chair and shock? That's really worth knowing and right now, I don't get it.

EDIT: I just looked at my old post and it was misleading, like really misleading. The combo I posted before was meant to work mid screen. Don't you find corner and shock at least a little redundant sometimes or is it really worth the effort to make it happen?

-FC 5C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B>2A>2B>236C>236A/B [DM: 4730]

-FC 5C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B>2A>236C>OMC dash 2B>236C>236A+B *cost 75 SP* [DM: 5521]

-FC 5C>2B>236B>2A>5AA>j.A>j.B>dj.A>dj.B>J.214B>236A/B [DM: 4521]

-FC 5C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B~j.214B>OMB>5C>236C+D>dash J.B>2B>236C>236A/B *cost 25 SP* [DM: 5611]

-FC 5C>2B>236B>2A>5AA>j.A>j.B>dj.A>j.B>j.214B>236236A/B>OMC (2nd hit) 214214C *cost 150 SP* [DM: 6915]

These combos should all start with 5C > 2C > 2B instead of 5C > 2B, I just tested all of them and they all work with the 5C > 2C starter and work from a longer range and do more damage. Grabbed the damage values for them if you just want to paste this over them in the first post... new Kanji players looking for combos need to know about these so they don't think you can only combo off of FC 5C meterless if you're within 2B range after.

-FC 5C>2C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B>2A>2B>236C>236A/B [DM: 5085]

-FC 5C>2C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B>2A>236C>OMC dash 2B>236C>236A+B *cost 75 SP* [DM: 5682]

-FC 5C>2C>2B>236B>2A>5AA>j.A>j.B>dj.A>dj.B>J.214B>236A/B [DM: 4885]

-FC 5C>2C>2B>236B>2A>2B>236B~j.214B>OMB>5C>236C+D>dash J.B>2B>236C>236A/B *cost 25 SP* [DM: 5859]

-FC 5C>2C>2B>236B>2A>5AA>j.A>j.B>dj.A>j.B>j.214B>236236A/B>OMC (2nd hit) 214214C *cost 150 SP* [DM: 7295]

PS: Quick note, the second combo is slightly harder to do with the 5C>2C starter because you have to dash a little bit more after the OMC before the 2B. It's really easy if you know this, but if you try to do it with just a microdash the second 236C will whiff.

PPS: You could also add this combo under the 5C (Air hit) section, best combo I've found anyways:

-FC 5C>236B>2A>5B>2B>5C>236B>2A>5B>2B>236B~j.214B>236A/B [DM: 4930]

Good stuff. I think we're gonna do a proper overhaul on the OP soon and start moving things to the wiki as well. Really needs to be done soon.

FC's need to be largely rehauled, a lot of those are obsolete. 236C OMC 2B and j.A j.Bx2 are never the best fatal combo you can do.

You can be like 2C(FC)>5B>2B>5C>5B>2Bxx236B,2A>5B>2B>5C(>5B>2B)xx236B~214B.

Parenthetical doesn't always reach on at least Elizabeth based on minute differences in timing slightly changing your distance midscreen. Works in the corner though. Off of 5C 236B~214B has a bit of timing to it, you want to time it so that the 214B comes out very close to them on the upward bounce, not too late that they bounce past and not too soon that you don't get there in time, in other combos I've had this Totally whiff on mitsuru, may apply here.

The 5C 5B 2B's in general have to be done After they bounce, aiming hitting them on the bottom of their hitbox so that they don't touch the ground before getting hit by 2B. It might be character specific, I've only done it on 3 characters so far.

Ending in 214B gives you much better follow up options if you need to burn meter or a burst to kill than 236C does.

236C basically only gets OMC662B and kinda OMB in the corner.

214B get's OMC662C, 236236A/B and can OMB even mid screen.

ok, i found a video by pet. looks like it needs to be done from super jump?

if it's conver and kanji never leaves the screen, looks like 214B works.

Changed notation a bit in the combo thread will add more stuff to first post.

i'm having problem doing 214214C/D>j.214A+B

and i don't think this can be performed from every location on the screen, correct?

You'll have to tiger knee it. Input 2147A+B the moment his Burn To A Crisp explodes. You are able to do this anywhere.

Can you actually do 5AA>2B on crouching? That looks an awful lot like you meant 5AA>5B>2B

On crouching 5AA>2B works. It's an easy alternative if people are having trouble with the 5B>2B input.

On crouching 5AA>2B works. It's an easy alternative if people are having trouble with the 5B>2B input.
Ok, but 5B 2B is actually relevant for some distances so it needs to be included. That''s starting to make the list quite long though.

What are some ideal OMB combos off of 214B ender and chair super? I don't really trust the OP for being up to date.

What are some ideal OMB combos off of 214B ender and chair super? I don't really trust the OP for being up to date.

I don't often use a OMB at the end of a full combo that often. Unless it's going to kill, I don't see the point in using a burst for just a few hundred extra damage. Maybe I'm being a bit naive, though.

I do, however, use OMBs a lot if I get a random 214A/B. You can get some surprising awesome damage off of it, especially near the corner. Here are a few of the combos I would use that are pretty easy.

(midscreen, requires 25 SP and 1 Burst) 214A/B > OMB > (delay) 5C > 236C+D > j.B > 2B > 236C > 236A/B ... If you have trouble making the 236C+D connect, make sure you delay the 5C. If the 5C hit's them when they are too high after the burst, your persona will just go right under them. This combo is probably not worth doing unless they have already used their burst and/or it will kill them. Bursts are precious after all.

(Corner, requires 1 Burst) 214A/B > OMB > (delay) 5C > 236B > 5AA > 2B > 236C > 5AA > 236C > 236A/B ... I almost always go for this whenever I can, given that the other player has already used their burst. This get's 5300 damage (give or take 100 and depending which batman dive you used) and it's really easy to do.

(Midscreen, requires 50 heat, no burst) 214A/B > OMC > 2C > 2B > 236C > 236A/B ... This gets a pretty solid 3800 damage and is really easy to do. Just make sure you hit 2C as soon as you cancel and you should be fine. It's worth mentioning that you can add a 5B right before the 2B for an extra 200 damage, but I mess it up too much that I don't do it online. If the 214A/B is a counterhit, the 2C will wiff after the OMC. This is easily fixed by dashing for a fraction of a second after the OMC. Just hold 3 for a quick second before the 2C. No need to actually press 66 to dash. If you hold any forward input while doing a OMC your character will automatically dash.

(Corner, requires 50 heat, no burst) 214A/B > OMC > 5C > 2B > 236C > 5AA > 236C > 236A/B ... This does around 4300 if I remember correctly and is, once again, very simple and easy to do.

I typically go for the OMC combos instead of OMB combos if I have the meter for it. This is just because I really don't want to use my oh-so-precious bursts unless it's going to cause me to win.

I know this wasn't exactly what you asked for, but I hope it helps.

Thanks man, those are good. I've just been kinda winging it with omb. I only use em when I want to guarantee a round/game win. Like you said they don't add too much damage, at least not enough to really warrant wasting a burst.

Those OMB you listed look a lot easier then the ones I was trying. Was learning 214 a/b omb walk forward 5c 236b 2a 5b 2b 236c. Which was easy in the corner but awkward midscreen. I'll see how much harder yours are to learn.

- That 5k corner one is really good. Some of the other OMC ones I use already use. The midscreen omb is good too. Easy to do and good damage. Much easier then what I was doing before.

- I'd recommend learning the midscreen one I mentioned though. It's meterless and does 4.7k midscreen. Just gotta learn the timing for when to hit 5c and go into 236b. Not too hard, just gotta barely touch the opponent with the 236b and hit him while he's relatively high with the 5c.