Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Combo Thread "I am not done beating you yet!"

Actually, I've been trying that one out in my own Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I think the trick to getting that final 5B > 2B to connect might be by how tight the 236+B > 2A > 5B > 2B > 5C is. It seems to me that it's a spacing issue, and that if you're not tight enough with the chains, you may not be in range for the first active frames of 2B. If I'm right, this means the ease of this combo leniency may change on a per-character basis.

I could be wrong though. We could just not be mashing fast enough.

it's not a spacing issue just do it really fast just double tap 5B>2B really fast.

It's not as hard as you think, I got over the hurdle of that on day 3.

I think everyone else can too!

214214C 2147B 236236A(3)OMB 236C+D 2147B 236A+B. Really funny 150 sp burst combo in the corner that I'm goofing around with now. Only notable in that it is burst safe. From less deep in the corner you can 2147A+B and just not ex the cruel attack.

5B>2B reps are nothing compared to yukiko's B>B>TK Agi with delay

you have to mash without letting go of a button

5B>2B reps are nothing compared to yukiko's B>B>TK Agi with delay

you have to mash without letting go of a button

That is the weirdest least relevant thing.

236C+D(Setup) > Throw > 236C+D(Hit) > Whatever

Hahahaha. Set it up just inside max 5C range. Dash in and throw.

Work it into the Neutral game by cancelling a blocked/hit 5C poke. They won't be jumping due to the 236C+D.

Video.

Edit: Just another note. While it's slightly redundant against skilled players due to the options closed to you when you have Take-Mikazuchi on the field, you can also do this after landing 2D on the opponent. The spacing is just right in those situations.

so are you guys going to update hte wiki?

some statistics:

kanji page on the wiki has 10.9k views.

kanji combo thread has 4.4k views.

if you want to help people, update the wiki.

not to mention moderator duties include updating the wiki

Found a neat reset that's probably not a very good use of burst, but whatever, fun to mess with. Starts from this combo:

FC 5C>236A+B>5B>2B>5C>236B>5AA>j.A>j.B>dj.A>j.B>j.214B

End that with OMB>5C>236C+D>j.B>[They tech here]>2B>236C

This only works if they're within a character width or so of the corner after the j.214B, which they will be if they're less than 2/3 of the stage from the corner at the start. The trap catches Up and Back techs, forward tech will escape, neutral tech will land on the ground before the 2B hits so it isn't air unblockable, though you can could cancel that into whatever I guess if you could react to their tech/whether or not they block. I know I can't do that. If they don't tech and get caught by 236C... you end up with 5964 damage if you end with 236B, and 6364 damage if you end with 236A+B.

Anyone have any ideas to improve this or any other fun resets/tech traps? Don't know what they're supposed to be called actually haha.

so i've only read the op parts 1 and 2, and since i didn't see this there, i'm assuming no one has pointed this out.

so....5b counter hit combos into 214c.... ok.... the full combo CH 5b 214c 236a/b does 2704 dmg....comboing into command grab...legit

ps. i just tried krakatoa's 236cd throw setup and i'm pretty sure it's char specific (doesn't work on teddie)

Yea, we knew that 214C can be combo'd off of a CH 5B.

I didn't. While it's not game changing, it's certainly an option for punishes. Even if damage is just barely better than just the command throw, I would assume that you would get some extra heat for the extra hit.

To be honest, though, I'll probably just remain lazy and just 214C or 5c for punishes.

ps. i just tried krakatoa's 236cd throw setup and i'm pretty sure it's char specific (doesn't work on teddie)

Go try it again. It works on Teddie.

I didn't. While it's not game changing, it's certainly an option for punishes. Even if damage is just barely better than just the command throw, I would assume that you would get some extra heat for the extra hit.

To be honest, though, I'll probably just remain lazy and just 214C or 5c for punishes.

This is actually fairly situational as a punish. Given the opportunity, 2B/Cs offer the better damage and wakeup setups, but there aren't too many times when the best you can punish with is a 5B and they are on the ground. Outside of those very situational circumstances, I usually only see this happening as a pure accident (they wanted to use 5B as a tick, somehow it counter-hit, they got it to combo instead...).

I guess if you didn't know that though, it's good to know...

There's many spots that you need to take CH 5B as your go-to punish option. A lot of overheads leave Kanji too far to go all grabby-grab, and between +11 and +17 frames. This means you can't 2B/5C/2C, and that means max damage is CH 5B > 2B xx 236.C/C+D or 5B xx 214.C+D

Only 7 characters in the game leave you at +17 or less off of an AoA:

-Yosuke: Can 214C punish unless he's max or near max range.

-Yukiko: Same, but you can't even punish with 5B if she does it at max range.

-Kanji: 5B is too slow anyway in this case.

-Teddie: Again, needs to be max or near max range for grab to whiff.

-Mitsuru: Same situation as Yukiko, if she's doing it max range, you can't punish with 5B anyway.

-Akihiko: Same situation as Yukiko, although you have a little more leniency with 5B in this case (he needs to be max range only for 5B to whiff).

-Labrys/Shadow Labrys: Same situation as Yukiko.

This looks pretty situational in my eyes...

EDIT: That being said, CH 5B-214C does technically offer an (immaterial) damage increase, so in situations where you can't 2B, you have enough time to do a 5B, and you're not going for the kill (unless you can't do CH 5B-2B-236B~j.214B-236236A-whatever as a punish, I haven't tested that), it is the "optimal" punish. This is still pretty limited though in its applications.

If Akihiko is recklessly doing AoA against you that often without meter to make it safe...you really don't need optimal punishes to deal with him...

AoA out of Killrush happens a loooot. A lot a lot. Fuck that jazz if I can't make them pay dearly for it.

You guys are Blocking those? I just 214D AoAs.

Some of us have to play online.

AoA out of Killrush happens a loooot. A lot a lot. Fuck that jazz if I can't make them pay dearly for it.

Some of us have to play online.

I play almost exclusively online, so yeah sometimes I get hit when I shouldn't have, but I'm not going to make a habit of blocking a move instead of going for the better option just cuz of lol netplay. The grab is largely invincible and people don't overhead in very many clever ways yet, so just grab em.

But I guess if in particular your internet isn't that great it might be a problem.

I have decent internet and a laggy TV, but I can still get it reasonably often.

I'm usually holding down-back because I don't think you can react to sweep. The timing of AoA from Killrush is about the same, I don't feel like I have the time to react and buffer.

I'm usually holding down-back because I don't think you can react to sweep. The timing of AoA from Killrush is about the same, I don't feel like I have the time to react and buffer.
Having a slow sweep doesn't make the overhead faster. The animations aren't particularly similar, just look for the overhead. If you're going to bock low you don't have to Look for the sweep, you'll block it normally if you don't see the overhead. You're obviously seeing it in time to block, how much more time do you honestly need to throw them? like a tenth of a second?

Anywhooo it is an option that works in more situations at least.

^Yeah 214D sounds like a good idea, but I don't think my hands are fast enough to input it on reaction to an AoA if I'm already in down back. I'll have to try it for awhile in training mode and see if I can do it consistently.

Found a reset I really like, doesn't involve wasting a burst this time. Starts like this...

FC 2C>2B>5C>236B>2A>5B>2B>236B>5AA>j.A>j.A (4709 damage)

From there, if you do 214B, you'll catch Neutral tech and no tech. If you double jump forward and 214B, it catches Forward, Back, AND Upward techs! You can easily OMC this into 2C>2B>236C>5AA>236C>236B if you end up in the corner for another 4562 damage, which brings the sequence to 9271 damage overall. If you end with 236AB, it does 4958 damage... for a grand total of 9667 damage, enough to kill all characters from full health except Aki and Kanji, for only 75 SP. I'll be trying my luck with this the next few times I get a FC 2C/5C and can't kill with the combo, most of the people I play seem to always use Forward or Back tech ASAP. I guess you could always just j.A three times and then try to catch them on the way down as well, but Kanji seems too slow for that to be very effective to me.

Any thoughts?