Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

you cant get the full hit unless they are airborne. the last hit relaunches.

also i feel like you shouldnt be too rough to newcomers when it comes to learning things - not everything we think of as obvious is obvious to someone coming in, and it can take time to internalize abstract ideas and concepts

This. Nothing is obvious if you're completely unfamiliar to fighting games.

Yes !

Some interesting things I learned while playing yesterday...some irrelevant, some obvious but eh:

-Her 5C (sekkajin), at first i was mashing..since I'm used to Jin, but you can just charge it, and during that charge you can buffer other charges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9A4a9oI7Ww in this crappy combo i uploaded i was buffering 2 the around the 7th or so hit and then just pressed 8+C after the 15th hit. When i tried mashing it, it didnt work, and holding down mid 5C made her crouch and stop the animation prematurely.

-Charge times aren't bad at all

-J.A still the god?

-Spacing is important for her D normals it's easy for it to whiff completely or be too close, at least thats what it feels like

-Teddie can ead

Also...i should have pointed it out, but LK let me know that the combos in the combo thread are kind of off because, i failed to specify if the B normal in the combo was charged or not...and it's sort of important lol and i was accidentally charging and it threw off some of my confirms off things like JDD or 5DD

You can charge C? Oh fuck. I didn't know that at all... Guess that's because I kept forgetting about the C button, and kept using A, B, and D all the fucking time. XD

Edited by Jyosua

i meant to say what are the 'meat' of her combos sorry!

edit: sorry guys im about to head out. but before that i wanted to ask: what is mitsuru's gameplan usually? is it just get in there and press buttons? or like sit back a bit and harass with normals?

Edited by Blue Ipod Nano

Just updated the video thread, Mr. TSUTAYA's YT account uploaded a team tourney with 3 strong mitsurus Gomen na Pineapple,GO1 and Densetsu no Nsei, the latter two being SBO qualified Mitsurus. Any match dated 7/29 is from that set lots of good stuff.

Just updated the video thread, Mr. TSUTAYA's YT account uploaded a team tourney with 3 strong mitsurus Gomen na Pineapple,GO1 and Densetsu no Nsei, the latter two being SBO qualified Mitsurus. Any match dated 7/29 is from that set lots of good stuff.

thanks jourdal :O

So guys, I haven't been following P4U too closely but I heard that Mitsuru got some great pokes. Is it possible to keep laming it out with her just zoning by using the normals?

Are you asking if you can use her to zone with just normals? That's mostly what I do, but you really are supposed to use her D persona moves for zoning as well. Just make sure you're far away when you use them, as they are very unsafe.

SO I got the game now, and I'm going to post combo ideas here, since I don't want to interrupt Jourdal's Combo thread setup.

I found that you can microdash 5A after a j.B, so I tried this and it worked:

j.B>5AA>2B>5Cx6>A Coup

It does 1753 and gives 23 SP. Anyone got ideas to improve it?

The combo thread needs to be fixed as i said already, the inputs are right i just didnt know how important charging 5/4/6B is so i didnt point it out....i'll probably do it sunday.

So apparently, you can control the distance of charged B coup by going back to 4 after releasing B.

shitty corner combo:

j.B> 66 5AA > 2B > 5B > 5Cx6 > A Coup

2068 Damage 16 SP

Somehow I got 2368 out of this one time, but I'm not sure how that happened.

Edited by Jyosua

Shorter. The length the move crosses appears to be stopped short if I press 4 during the active frames.

On a side note, the game is also very unforgiving if you want to combo with 4/5/6B. You can charge all of those, and only lightly tapping will allow you to use them mid combo.

@kirk: yes.

Does going back to 4 make it go farther or shorter?

Actually you can change the distance Mitsuru travels for all the coups, charged or not, depending if you do it with 464, 465 or 4[6], the difference is very noticeable with the B coup, 4[6] going like 2 times further than 464, there less difference for the EX and A version but it's there.

To talk a little about combos, let's take this example from the combo thread :

(On crouching character)5AA> 5B> 2AB> OMC> 2B> 2D> 6B> 2AB> C Bufula> 5B> 2AB> B Coup [3762/0/14]

OMC a 2AB into the combo that follows here is one of the best ways to attain gain good damage with Mitsuru, i tweaked this a little and that make it easier IMO. I don't remember reading about this in any guide before getting the game but actually when you OMC and keep pushing 6 or 3 on the stick, the character will dash immediately after the cancel, 3 keeps the down charge so it can be interesting sometimes for Mitsuru.

But that's not the point here, i do this for another reason, by dashing before doing 2B, I'm at a distance that allows me to follow 2D with 5B instead of 6B, which IMO make easier to hit with 2AB at the correct height to go into C Bufala, also with the 6B version you might sometimes be to close to hit with the Bufala that appears a little forward Mitsuru.

Actually you can change the distance Mitsuru travels for all the coups, charged or not, depending if you do it with 464, 465 or 4[6], the difference is very noticeable with the B coup, 4[6] going like 2 times further than 464, there less difference for the EX and A version but it's there.

To talk a little about combos, let's take this example from the combo thread :

(On crouching character)5AA> 5B> 2AB> OMC> 2B> 2D> 6B> 2AB> C Bufula> 5B> 2AB> B Coup [3762/0/14]

OMC a 2AB into the combo that follows here is one of the best ways to attain gain good damage with Mitsuru, i tweaked this a little and that make it easier IMO. I don't remember reading about this in any guide before getting the game but actually when you OMC and keep pushing 6 or 3 on the stick, the character will dash immediately after the cancel, 3 keeps the down charge so it can be interesting sometimes for Mitsuru.

But that's not the point here, i do this for another reason, by dashing before doing 2B, I'm at a distance that allows me to follow 2D with 5B instead of 6B, which IMO make easier to hit with 2AB at the correct height to go into C Bufala, also with the 6B version you might sometimes be to close to hit with the Bufala that appears a little forward Mitsuru.

I'm not entirely certain that it's just 3 options. I actually think the distance varies depending on when you start going back from 6 position. I need to test this further.

Yeah you can get more variations on distance at least on the B version, A and EX are so fast i'm not sure you can get more than 3.

So I discovered that you can do j.B > j.C > 2DD on a crouching opponent, which will make them cross over, and you can redbeat a 5A if you run the other way and hit them. Not sure if this could lead to a good combo, but it's a good way to switch sides.

You can also just mash C after 2DD to pound them into the ground, and A coup for oki.

I also found out j.B > 66 5A > 2B > 6B > 2AB > OMC > 2B > 2D connects on crouchers. Trying to figure out the best way to end the combo.

Edited by Jyosua

I've been having a tough time with Kanji.. I've been able to lock down Kanji with Marin Karin and sticking it to him but whenever he gets at least 25 meter, he hits me with this EX face-grab from the air. I really hate it lol. If you know he's going to do it you can DP, or if you're grounded you can 2B him, but aside from that, I'm at a lost on how not to be afraid of this guy. I try to stay away from jumping too and aiming at his Persona every chance I get.

I've been having a bad habit of doing 2AB slide and before I can even cancel it or strike, I get grabbed... Should I never attempt this? Also Kanji in Awakening mode is scarrrry. Basically I feel like I need to just try and keep Marin on him, while keeping my distance with safe pokes but should I be doing 46A to get in / stuff him out, at all?

Another question, I noticed that Mitsu's 5B while held, kinda lifts her in the air.. Would that stop me from getting grabbed if I for example, ran up, bait the grab by holding 5B, and try to fatal him?

That is pretty cool. so when would you want to travel the farthest and when would you want to not travel the farthest?

Sign in to follow this