Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Are you supposed to hit them while they're still in the air after C Bufula, or can you let them land at that point?

Cant let them land.

The can hit them after they land freezed from the C Bufala hit, as long as it's fully charged the sweep will combo.

im actually having problems hitting with sweep > C Bufula. is there a trick to this? I know i'm supposed to hit with the sweep as high as possible (around mitsuru's head), but i cant seem to get it consistently.

The can hit them after they land freezed from the C Bufala hit, as long as it's fully charged the sweep will combo.

Keep in mind that the opponent can mash out of the freeze so you shouldnt be relying on long freeze times to complete your combos.

im actually having problems hitting with sweep > C Bufula. is there a trick to this? I know i'm supposed to hit with the sweep as high as possible (around mitsuru's head), but i cant seem to get it consistently.

It is combo specific, they have to be already in the air when the sweep hits to land the C Bufula. You cant raw sweep to C Bufula.

For the combo jDD> C Bufula> [6B]> 2B> 2DD> 4B> 2AB> B Coup do you pretty much need to add the 6B? I found that with only using 2B it pretty much almost never works as you need to be relatively close to the opponent for it to connect, and as players aren't just going to stand still for you it pretty much never connects.

Edited by onemic

I talked about this in this post, i try to hit with the tip of the B before the sweep and that make the sweep easier to time than if you're too close IMO, but it's not always possible and in some combos it might be easier to do 4B > delay 2B > Bufala C....

Keep in mind that the opponent can mash out of the freeze so you shouldnt be relying on long freeze times to complete your combos.

And i don't, there's a freeze recovery option in the options that i use from the start, it's a little tight but you can pretty much always fully charge a B during the guaranteed hitstun of a freeze.

Start charging right after you input the preceding 4/5/6B move. It works best with 4B, because you barely have to move the stick from 4 to 1 to start charging for the C Bufula.

As far as that damn combo, I'll try again tonight. I noticed they had always landed when I tried. I'll try making sure to fully charge the B move and try while they're still in the air.Bufula actually has a decent freeze time, so you could easily fully charge B in that time. As a final question, is there any real technical difference between 5B and 6B?

Edited by Jyosua

If you can get it to work w/o the 6B and you're more comfortable with that then thats fine you don't have to adhere to the combos in there its just a base.

Oh, I know that, but the 700 damage I would sacrifice by just going into B coup at that point was a lot. I got it now: the advice about the full charge being necessary is what I needed, thanks guys. Only took like 3 tries after that advice.

Is it possible to do 5AA> 5B> 2AB> B Coup ? I've been trying to do it and the 2AB just never seems to connect, it's not even close.

Is it possible to do 5AA> 5B> 2AB> B Coup ? I've been trying to do it and the 2AB just never seems to connect, it's not even close.

5B > sweep only works on crouch or if 5B is fully charged. probably fatal as well?

publishers? You posted from a phone, didn't you?

lol, yeah that's what I meant ;o

But, I'm also confused by Mitsu's damage. Is it random?

Doing the combos posted, they're all off in terms of how much damage they do. Or so I thought. Watching videos, seeing Mitsu do 5D, D, 5A, A, 5B, 2B, 2D, D, [4B], B Coup. It did 2.6k. Doing the exact same combo in training mode, does 1.6k. What gives?

Another example is this combo posted here.

5AA> 5B> 2AB> B Coup > 2A> 2B> C Bufula> [4B]> 2AB> B Coup [3626/None/35]

It does NOT do 3626, but is it because I'm doing something wrong? What can possibly be adding more damage aside from holding 4B?

Edited by PozerWolf

you probably have them in awakening

My life has been a lie this entire time......!

:vbang:

Yup, that was it. Didn't know what awakening did, lol.

Hi Maho. You PM'd me a long time ago and never talked to me again. You should get in touch with me soon.... for a similar reason.

So what pressure/block strings are you guys going in with? I didn't see full frame data on the wiki, so I'm trying to figure out what is the safest series to go with if they block the whole thing, and what would be the best variation for a good mix up. Thanks in advance for the help!

So what pressure/block strings are you guys going in with? I didn't see full frame data on the wiki, so I'm trying to figure out what is the safest series to go with if they block the whole thing, and what would be the best variation for a good mix up. Thanks in advance for the help!

the sweep fake out is her best mix up. you can go into a grab, a 6b fatal counter, a j.b overhead, or a j.c CH into a bufudyne

or you can do play it safe and do coup droit A. but i like the sweep better because it psyches out the opponent when they see you feinting that shit

the sweep fake out is her best mix up. you can go into a grab, a 6b fatal counter, a j.b overhead, or a j.c CH into a bufudyne

or you can do play it safe and do coup droit A. but i like the sweep better because it psyches out the opponent when they see you feinting that shit

Ah yea, thanks I forgot about the sweep feint. I'm more so wondering what block strings you should approach with. I have combos I can confirm off most of the commonly used normals, but I'm not sure what the best way to approach with strings would be.

Pretty much everything but 2B is safe on block in regards to non persona moves, but you can't cancel into anything after coup unless you do a scrubby super cancel. In addition, pretty much all roads lead to coup. You CAN use D Bufula on someone being super respectful, but unless you've punished all their DPs, I don't see the opportunity for that happening.

So yeah, what is a good punish mid-screen with no meter? Trying to hurt these fools mashing DP, but I don't know what to do, lol.

Yeah, 5B fatal counter is probably your best starter. If you're mid screen and have 50 SP, you can push then all the way into the corner with 5B>2AB>OMC>2B>2D>6B>2AB>B coup>2A>2B>C Bufula>6B>2AB> Coup.

With no meter, you'd have to do something like 5B>2AB>C Bufula>6B>2AB>B Coup.

Edited by Jyosua

Sign in to follow this