Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Oh god, the concept of air turning just dawned on me. Mitsuru's cross up backdash is god like.

I can't seem to figure out good cross ups. Like just cross up j.B?

Meow.

I can't seem to figure out good cross ups. Like just cross up j.B?

Meow.

that's pretty much it lol, although i could see j.c potentially hitting buuuuuuuut the hitbox is just too high. gotta be kinda low to hit that and by then your opponent would have already seen that crossup

You can actually hit j.C before the backdash crosses up, so depending on your timing you'll tag them front or back.

EDIT:

It appears if you do regular air dash, j.C hits in front while if you do a back-turned dash, it hits behind. At least this is what I'm seeing with the computer on All Block.

Only problem is that during the time span of the jump cancel into dash, you can walk out of the mixup D:

Edited by icilby

On an off note, how the hell do you chain things like 2A > Coup Droit A or 5B > Coup Droit A when you have to literally hold the opposite direction for a second or 2 before it will register it as a charge.

^ 2a (starter) doesn't go into 5B--only 2B if you are close enough. you pretty much always want to be holding back, like, always......i.e. if you jump in, be holding 4 in the air etc--you will figure it out. if you want droit from a 2a and you weren't already charging, you can link 3 slow 2a's then droit--that is pretty much your only option, even if you have meter, the follow up/damage isn't worth 50 meter, unless it will win you the match. the only extension, in my opinion, worth doing is one more burst, but the push back is significant on A droit if you link 3 2A's>A droit--so, the optimal thing to do is already be charging 2A>2A> A Droit >one more burst. I'm no expert; i'm still grinding this shit out, so keep in mind it's just my 2 cents.

P.S. @ SpiritJuice...i watched you nci matches; I noticed you never charged your A/B supers. If you weren't aware, the second hit can be charged for 100 more damage. it's not much, but in one match you may have one right there if you had done it.......in case you weren't aware.

Edited by ElixirelDaath

Yup. The moral of the story is to hold back all the fucking time. XD

I did okay at NCI today but was overall not terribly happy with how I played. I lost to people I shouldn't have lost to. Just need to play more and get more comfortable with Mitsuru. I honestly don't care what anyone says, this character isn't exactly a pick up and master right away character, despite how good she is.

I actually didn't know holding the Myriad Arrows super actually did more damage. I thought it was just for show. :lol:

Sounds like you're trying to hard to get in. Why not take your time walking forward, and give your opponent a hard time getting in on you.

Her 5A already gives her a strong ground game. 5A CH into sweep, and you're in. From there, do frame traps and try to scare with fake sweep mix ups. And 2B his ass if he tries jumping in.

I suppose I can play you online and see if I can help ya'. Do you play psn or 360? I mean.... if you're interested :x

Meow.

I would be sure, though I wouldn't be able to play until later tonight. Play on PSN.

I actually didn't know holding the Myriad Arrows super actually did more damage. I thought it was just for show. :lol:

Fully charge puts them back in crumple state :x

I would be sure, though I wouldn't be able to play until later tonight. Play on PSN.

Ah, lame.

360 player here.

"Nutty" doesn't even begin to describe this broken ass character.

She applies pressure effortlessly.

Droit(A) safe on block is ridiculous!

I love when people complain about her, than I pick Yukiko Amagi and nearly double perfect them. Oh scrubs; can't live with them, can't live without them.

The best parts is when they complain about things being broken when that's not why she's considered good.

Anyways, about Myriad Arrows just want to note that, so yeah it does more damage the more you charge, right?. The thing is, it's set in "levels". Don't know how to better explain it but, basically it isn't determined by the amount of frames you hold, by rather in sections. Like if you hold it for 90 frames it does +200 more damage, but if you hold it for 120 frames, it does +400 more damage. However, Between 90 - 119, it will still do +200. That's what I'm talking about (btw this data is false, lol).

Why I point this out is cause level 1 = no charge, does shit damage. Level 2 is when you hold it for like 10 frames, and you're good. However, to get to level 3 is rather difficult, and that's where the big boost comes in. Right before the opponent hits the ground, you'll have to let go, doing 2.2k damage from the super alone. Thing is, none of the japs go for level 3. I guess cause it's too risky?

Just wanting to note this in case no one knew :x

I love when people complain about her, than I pick Yukiko Amagi and nearly double perfect them. Oh scrubs; can't live with them, can't live without them.

The best parts is when they complain about things being broken when that's not why she's considered good.

Anyways, about Myriad Arrows just want to note that, so yeah it does more damage the more you charge, right?. The thing is, it's set in "levels". Don't know how to better explain it but, basically it isn't determined by the amount of frames you hold, by rather in sections. Like if you hold it for 90 frames it does +200 more damage, but if you hold it for 120 frames, it does +400 more damage. However, Between 90 - 119, it will still do +200. That's what I'm talking about (btw this data is false, lol).

Why I point this out is cause level 1 = no charge, does shit damage. Level 2 is when you hold it for like 10 frames, and you're good. However, to get to level 3 is rather difficult, and that's where the big boost comes in. Right before the opponent hits the ground, you'll have to let go, doing 2.2k damage from the super alone. Thing is, none of the japs go for level 3. I guess cause it's too risky?

Just wanting to note this in case no one knew :x

I had no idea about this either, wow.

I find it funny that if you hit Naoto when she counters and sweep right after, it will go right under it. :lol:

I can see it going under the shot follow up after the counter, but even naoto's close follow up?

Say you block, I dunno, Kanji's or Aki's reversal mid-screen, what's the best punisher for them with no meter? Since landing a fully charge 5B isn't possible, would going for 2B (CH), 2D combo be the best thing?

Say you block, I dunno, Kanji's or Aki's reversal mid-screen, what's the best punisher for them with no meter? Since landing a fully charge 5B isn't possible, would going for 2B (CH), 2D combo be the best thing?

Mid-screen i usually just do a normal CH 5A(5B) > 2AB > B Droit into EX Ice mirror or after the 2AB do a OMC > 2B > 2D(1hit) > 6B > 2AB > C mirror > etc

Otherwise i dont have anymore options.

You can fully charge 5B against Kanji's DP, but the timing is kind of tricky. Seems practical enough though. But let's say you can't on Kanji and Akihiko. The timing is kind of tricky as well, but you can jump forward CH j.C to punish, [4B] [2B] 2D [6B] 2AB C Bufula [6B] 2AB B Coup for 4185 and corner push.

I honestly don't care what anyone says, this character isn't exactly a pick up and master right away character, despite how good she is.

Jiyuna convinced everyone you can mash A and stinger and just win with her so people had contempt + the idea that she was pick up and dominate before they even touched the game.

I usually wait till the crumpled body is about to fall over before releasing...for the extra damage and to be a dick

@Van, I've added that to the combo thread, are these the correct inputs? [4B]> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 5C (15 Hits)> 2A> 5B> 2B> JC> C Bufula> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup [5996 /50/55]

tested a bit this weekend. Mitsuru's 5A actually WHIFFS on crouching opponents at max range on the following chars:

Naoto, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Elizabeth, Chie, Kanji

this means that for a character like chie, she can essentially run at you and crouch/mash 2A if they anticipate a 5A from you. You can counter with 2A or 4B if you read their intentions correctly.

Sign in to follow this