Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Yep, definitely found that out the hard way at tournament two days ago. Not at home so I can't test, but does Mits sweep low profile her own 5a? What what about droit? I know Narukami slide beats droit clean.

So did some testing with blockstring into charged sweep (whiff). Generally players go for a throw mixup afterwards on a blocking opponent. This actually gets beat by A mash. In fact even if Mitsuru does charged sweep into immediate block she can get counterhit on the recovery frames of the sweep whiff. But the opponent has to time it immediately and has to guess that sweep will be charged otherwise they get FCed by the regular sweep followup. The best counter option for this blockstring is actually to throw the startup of sweep (there's a gap between 5B, 2AB). The gap is large enough to get a throw counter but small enough that A mash will get counterhit by the sweep. However charged B into sweep has enough blockstun to not be throw punishable.

Edited by tastylumpia

or you can learn to space your 5B > sweep correctly so that you're not in the opponent's throw range.

the more i play her, hte more i feel that she's pretty shitty at close range since her normals are so damn slow.

@Van, I've added that to the combo thread, are these the correct inputs? [4B]> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 5C (15 Hits)> 2A> 5B> 2B> JC> C Bufula> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup [5996 /50/55]

FC [4/5/6B] > (Optional 2C) > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 5C (15 Hits) > 2C > 2A > 5B > 2B > 2D > j.B > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > (Bufudyne)

Easiest way to make this universal and not worry about spacing is to release the first B Coup using 3 instead of 6.

If you add the first Marin Karin in, you can gain 87 meter before super (ending with 37) or 91 without super.

Edited by vanfleihight

just started this game w/ mitsuru, havent had the greatest results so far but it's only been a few days since I started

but its got me thinking that maybe to use mitsuru properly, you have to get a good grasp of FG fundamentals. because her normals are so good yet so straightforward...a lot of good mitsurus vids i've seen makes the other players look dumb just by how many times they got hit by coup droit and getting poked to death/CH whatever into huge combos...plus spacing CH 4b at the right times

then again i might be overthinking the whole 'fundamentals' thing...still grasping the engine of the game

plus utilizing charge during online matches is terrible for me :(

Charge/waggle can be hard if you have a bad connection. A quick tip - watch her legs, its the second step backwards [first with back foot] (*approx*) when the charge is ready, which isn't reliant on counting seconds or dealing with lag.

As for MT fundamentals, just gotta learn the hit boxes and how to abuse them against each character. She is definitely someone who benefits from lots of hit box and frame data knowledge. Besides that, try to get the spacing for 5A, 5/4/6B, j.A and j.B down, these are your main pokes and will be the most useful moves you have. Master their spacing and you will crush many fools.

you really don't need to shake much to get out of the ice.

when you've reached maximum ice shake, you'll notice the ice block will have white crack lines appear over hte ice block briefly. this means you will escape from the ice asap, so just block after that.

still a stupid mechanic imo.

It was strange that they added the ice mechanic back in after they took out the wiggle from BB. People only do combos you cannot wiggle out of anyways. Oh well.

What are you supposed to do for a throw combo on Yukiko and Naoto since the 2B appears to always whiff after B Coup? Seems like the only option is to just end the combo after B Coup.

It was strange that they added the ice mechanic back in after they took out the wiggle from BB. People only do combos you cannot wiggle out of anyways. Oh well.

What are you supposed to do for a throw combo on Yukiko and Naoto since the 2B appears to always whiff after B Coup? Seems like the only option is to just end the combo after B Coup.

The 2B does in fact work. Release Coup Droit with 3 instead of 6 and you end up closer to them (for some reason). Jourdal posted something about it earlier.

Edited by vanfleihight

Question: How strong is the Mitsuru hate?

I just got back from a P4A tournament (placed second).

I got boo'ed the entire time from crowd for using Mitsuru lol.

I won the local tournament here at our arcade, and I got boo'd at as well after the victory (hell, you could hear it over the stream). What gives, anyways? I've actually never seen such hate on a S tier character before. Fuck, I don't even Toki got this much hate even before basket ball combos were found.

Question: How strong is the Mitsuru hate?

I won the local tournament here at our arcade, and I got boo'd at as well after the victory (hell, you could hear it over the stream). What gives, anyways? I've actually never seen such hate on a S tier character before. Fuck, I don't even Toki got this much hate even before basket ball combos were found.

I didn't even know how to play Mitsuru yet aside from A mash and zoning and I got boo'd when I ended up winning a copy of P4A at the P4U 24 Hour Charity Event we did. :lol:x3

Honestly I feel like one of the biggest barriers in learning Mitsuru execution is charging back TOO MUCH, rather than not enough. Building charge is trivial in this game, but in many cases in this game I think having charge when you don't need it right then and there can hurt your poking game by limiting access to your standing B attacks.

In most other games where I play charge characters, building charge whenever your character doesn't need to explicitly abandon charge to move forward (walk forward, run forward, dash forward, jump forward) rarely interferes with critical blockstrings or combos. But charge builds fast in this game in true ArcSys fashion, and a lot of times I feel like I end up accidentally marrying myself into A Coup string enders because my charge interferes with the input for 6B, 5B, and AOA. In order to use 6B and 5B in blockstrings, I have to go out of my way to abandon charge in my strings, which can be risky depending on my spacing, and if I don't hit-confirm a 5AAA on the VERY first A, I'll have too much charge to do any true combo on a non-crouching opponent besides something like 5AAA Coup A.

I feel like I can get past this, but it's really kind of a mind-melt. It's not so bad to abandon charge in slow-starting combos such as throw combos or 5DD/2DD combos, where you have plenty of time to partition what's going on ("whee look at the pretty throw, ooh it's ice time, and now we hold back for [4B] goodness"), but in blockstrings and short-notice hit-confirms it's sort of confusing me.

Also, is the following combo universal? I'm doing this right now off corner CH air throw because the timing seems easier than the [5B] pickup listed in the combo thread. Tested it on Lab, Mitsuru, Naoto, and Aigis so far. Here it is:

- (corner) CH air throw > 2B > C Bufula > 2A+B > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > B Coup

I know it's not optimized, but I can both pick up and finish it, and it has a clean ender. Trying to ease myself into the better stuff.

EDIT: Tested it on the whole cast. It looks like it's universal, but I'm still skeptical I'm doing it right. Freeze mashing was turned on, of course. And I'm getting better at the [5B]. . . combos so I'm not sure if I'll even keep doing this one outside of brain-fart/panic situations.

Edited by Ben Reed

^ That's actually entirely my problem.

Started working on Mitsuru today (day 4 overall but first day of Mitsuru). I've been playing Chun in every SF game since her introduction so I thought I was solid on charge characters but I realized how much of the match I spent holding back. She isn't smooth for me yet...It'll probably come in time but meh...

Anyone willing to add and kick around a newbie Mitsuru/Liz/improving Chie?

I'm doing this right now off corner CH air throw because the timing seems easier than the [5B] pickup listed in the combo thread. Tested it on Lab, Mitsuru, Naoto, and Aigis so far. Here it is:

- (corner) CH air throw > 2B > C Bufula > 2A+B > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > B Coup

I know it's not optimized, but I can both pick up and finish it, and it has a clean ender. Trying to ease myself into the better stuff.

Doing 2 ice mirrors in a combo? I normally do that when going for a reset.

You should try something like, I dunno: (corner), CH air throw, 5B, 2B, 2D, 6B, Sweep, C Ice Mirror, 5B, Sweep, Coup.

* You could replace the last Coup with D Ice Mirror for oki.

Mid-screen CH air throw, you could do something like: 5D, D, 4B, 2B, 2D, D, 4B, Sweep, C Ice Mirror, 6B, Sweep, Coup.

Anyone willing to add and kick around a newbie Mitsuru/Liz/improving Chie?

What system?

idk if this is known by everyone yet but sweep goes under mid-attacks. and since everyone likes to mash 5a.....FREE FATAL

I don't know how you Mitsu players do it. I can't charge for a damn.

Charge up during her normals. Usually would do it when ur already doing 2AB thats when I usually do it. Rather then holding down 2 hold down 1AB > 6 A or B. Hope it helps. You can also find about charge characters in other fighting game forums as well. They get all the lows and highs about charging and the other stuff.

Edited by AegisXI

Does anyone know of any Mitsu blockstrings? There's no info on that anywhere. Are any of them high low mixups by any chance as well? It seems that all characters blockstrings have a high low mixup of some kind except for Mitsu and Elizabeth.

Her options are very limited. Shes pretty much a straight forward hopefully I hit u character with good spacing and rush down. Correct me if im wrong tho!

Her options are very limited. Shes pretty much a straight forward hopefully I hit u character with good spacing and rush down. Correct me if im wrong tho!

Doesn't that make blocking her attacks and counter attacking very easy? So far I've found all you really need to do is hold down-back and you're safe from 95% of Mitsu's attacks outside of her AOA, while for other characters I constantly need to worry about blocking standing or blocking crouching when thy're doing a block string.

Sign in to follow this