Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

If you're thinking this much about it, I don't think this character is for you, onemic. Try messing with the other characters in the game.

I'd like to play ya' and see what's wrong, but you don't have it on 360 ;_;

I like Mitsu too much to quit now. lol. I know she's good, but I just don't know what to do once a character starts blocking my attacks, except go into sweep xx b droit to catch them if they press a button and since that's the only string I know, it becomes very predictable. Often I just end up going into A coup off a few blocked 5A's even though I know it puts me at a disadvantage as it leads to nothing and I can't do anything but block an impending attack. Any examples of Mitsu block strings would be greatly appreciated.

sweep feint > throw or throw bait (4B) or regular sweep.

get 50 meter (zoning + marin karin)

droit/sweep RC mixup

instant overhead j.B > RC > j.B > j.C > stuff

if you can hit them with B Droit, you can go into SB Mirror for a quick instant overhead/2A/throw mixup

if you hit them with sweep and don't want to go to droit, go to D Mirror for oki.

she dones't have much mixup. you scare your opponents into not pressing buttons with your superior range, then go for basic stuff.

Doing 2 ice mirrors in a combo? I normally do that when going for a reset.

You should try something like, I dunno: (corner), CH air throw, 5B, 2B, 2D, 6B, Sweep, C Ice Mirror, 5B, Sweep, Coup.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to grow into. I'm still really inconsistent with the starter on it, though. Timing the [5B] isn't too hard, but if I hit it too high, I can't get the sweep (whiffs). (And I'm pretty sure uncharged 5B doesn't give me enough untech time for the sweep to combo.) If I can get as far as the sweep (and remember to build enough charge for B Coup) I'm golden though. I mostly worry about my ability to do it in a pressured match right now, as the first significant local tourney in my region is at the end of the week.

Mid-screen CH air throw, you could do something like: 5D, D, 4B, 2B, 2D, D, 4B, Sweep, C Ice Mirror, 6B, Sweep, Coup.

I've been trying to learn the midscreen CH air throw combos too. Everything in that combo up to the 2DD I can do consistently, but it's REALLY hard for me to get both the right height AND start the second 4B at the right time (and in the right DIRECTION) to pick up after the 2DD. The untech time is getting really shitty by that point (I tried DP initially, but quickly abandoned that when I saw how fast they could air tech), so a lot of times I just forgo the 2B 2DD and settle for ( CH air throw > 5DD > [4B] > 2A+B > B Coup ) to get the ground slide and some corner carry. It's REALLY hard for me to manage Mitsuru's facing in some of these 5DD/2DD combos. But I'll keep practicing.

Right now I'm just trying to come up with placeholder combos on my own that, if they don't do damage, they at least end cleanly with B Coup or D Bufula so that I haven't compromised both damage AND oki.

I charge too much with this character :(

don't charge TOO often cause that could fuck up your bnbs. ex. your 5b on a crouching opponent would turn into a 4b and whiff

also, charging too much will make you less mobile

You really don't have to be that mobile... You have enough range to punsih people doing stupid shit, so you can sort of turtle. It works better if you make them think you're fully willing to go in.

Just want to post to say that you can dump a charge by going from 4 to 6 and then if you let the stick go to 5 the charge is neutralised. So assuming you want to do 6B from crouch block you can do [1]656B to get it.

Any mitsuru players willing to kick me around a little? I'm trying to get comfortable with her but the mentality that I should always have back charged is really messing up my momentum. The only charge character I've ever used in an anime airdash fighter is Saki (who had 6->4 charges >_> ). I have no problem executing combos...I guess I really just don't understand how I'm supposed to gain any momentum in the first place while charging

Did you know when charging the kick from Myriad Arrows you can get and extra 300 damage if you charge almost until they tech. if you look at her feet there is a cloud of dust just before they fall for good.

finally found out what's causing the "random" 800 damage j.Bs:

it's a JUST FRAME release. feels like if you release right about when the j.B would be charged it'll give you the full 800 instead of 400 uncharged / 520 max charge. learn the timing and you can do it. it's not a clean hit or anything, just learn the timing.

her 2B has it too. boosts damage to 1000 instead of 500/650.

hitstun seems to be the same as the full charge versions.

couldn't get it to work for 5B, maybe it doesn't exist for this move? or someone with better timing than me can do it.

Does anyone know where to find Mitsuru's frame data?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Check the wiki on this site.

So, I'm having trouble with 5AA, 5B, 2A+B, OMC, 2B, 2D, [6B], 2A+B, Bufula C, [5B], 2A+B, Coup B. There's so many things that go wrong for me in this combo. Can anyone help me out with some advice? (4B, 5B, 6B at the start, holding a certain direction during OMC, [4B], [5B], [6B]?) It gave me so much trouble that I actually made my own version- 5AA, 6B, 2A+B, OMC (hold 3 during OMC), 2B, 2D, 5B, 2A+B, Bufula C, 2A+B, Coup B. You lose all of 200 damage, but it's WAY more consistent for me at least.

Edit: Fixed combo, had wrong notations.

Edited by Adiuro

finally found out what's causing the "random" 800 damage j.Bs:

it's a JUST FRAME release. feels like if you release right about when the j.B would be charged it'll give you the full 800 instead of 400 uncharged / 520 max charge. learn the timing and you can do it. it's not a clean hit or anything, just learn the timing.

her 2B has it too. boosts damage to 1000 instead of 500/650.

hitstun seems to be the same as the full charge versions.

couldn't get it to work for 5B, maybe it doesn't exist for this move? or someone with better timing than me can do it.

S-SONNA!!!

Nice discovery, let's have sex. But even if it did exists for 5B, only time I could see anyone using it is during mid-screen Ice re-launch combos, since further into the combo you're going to NEED that charge B for the hit stun.

Trust be told, of all characters I find annoying when they spam DP, I've possibly had the least trouble with Mitsu. Something about it just screams "shitty", but has range... I dunno. Like I accidentally bait it almost all the time. The one that keeps hitting me is Yu's. Man, fuck his DP!!!!

Trust be told, of all characters I find annoying when they spam DP, I've possibly had the least trouble with Mitsu. Something about it just screams "shitty", but has range... I dunno. Like I accidentally bait it almost all the time. The one that keeps hitting me is Yu's. Man, fuck his DP!!!!

I know what you mean. I'll successfully bait (and punish) most DPs and normally have no problem with it. But omg for some reason Yu will always manage to hit me with that thing in my blockstrings. I eventually started end all of my blockstrings with him after like 2 hits. If I bait it successfully, I'll counter air throw or Charge 4B>2B combo.

accidentally bait

Kappa

Also, I don't understand the qualms people are having with charging. You only have to do it for bnbs, and throwing out full screen Dash Punch is so Xbox Live.

I've had the same thing, expect its with me on offense. I never mash DP in games and use them sparingly, but when I do use it more than half the time its baited. Facing other Mitsus, their DP's never give me problems.

Also, I don't understand the qualms people are having with charging. You only have to do it for bnbs, and throwing out full screen Dash Punch is so Xbox Live.

This is 100% false. Funny thing is, I find using coup outside of combos less useful online than I do offline. Odd.

can i get some feedback on these please

i know how to use her. i just would like to know what combos i should be doing on certain hits. i couldnt do any whip combo online but thats ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2TNEDShz8&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06JkpnG44zI&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A0yqJlLc8M&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=use1ecmLOms&feature=plcp

(i dont een play this character lol A little)

can i get some feedback on these please

i know how to use her. i just would like to know what combos i should be doing on certain hits. i couldnt do any whip combo online but thats ok

(i dont een play this character lol A little)

I would like to start off by saying that I'm not the best Mitsuru (I actually main Kanji), so other peoples input should be considered before mine. That being said, you're a pretty good mitsuru for only playing her a little.

- Remember that on crouching hits you can follow up with 2AB>BCoup for much better damage (I saw a few auto combos on crouching opponents)

- On an anti-air 2B hit follow up with 2D but don't press it a second time. You get more options when they're frozen (plus I feel that it's easier to finish a combo. I seems that you dropped what you were trying to do a few times)

- Against YU I don't recommend using the whip attacks unless they are part of a combo. It's ok once in a while, but it's very easy for him to just slide right through them and super cancel for 3K+

- If you counter hit with 5A or 2A you can immediately follow it with 2AB>BCoup or 2AB>OMC>2B. It's not the best damage, but if a 5B is too slow for the situation you should go for it.

- If you find that your opponent is spamming DPs in your pressure, try cutting your blockstrings short and prepare to punish with a well charged 5B. Against YU you can counter with an air grab and then combo for 4K+

- It's probably best not to include 2B in your blockstrings. In my experience it's punishable.

- Don't forget that you can charge the kick in Myriad Arrows for a little extra damage. Just hold the button until it looks like they're about to fall over.

That's pretty much everything I can think of. Remember to practice practice practice. If it helps, you can recreate any scenario in training mode. This helps a bunch to learn how to punish things. Good luck!

Also, why don't we have a thread for this sort of thing? It would certainly make getting help easier. Just curious.

I would like to start off by saying that I'm not the best Mitsuru (I actually main Kanji), so other peoples input should be considered before mine. That being said, you're a pretty good mitsuru for only playing her a little.

- Remember that on crouching hits you can follow up with 2AB>BCoup for much better damage (I saw a few auto combos on crouching opponents)

- On an anti-air 2B hit follow up with 2D but don't press it a second time. You get more options when they're frozen (plus I feel that it's easier to finish a combo. I seems that you dropped what you were trying to do a few times)

- Against YU I don't recommend using the whip attacks unless they are part of a combo. It's ok once in a while, but it's very easy for him to just slide right through them and super cancel for 3K+

- If you counter hit with 5A or 2A you can immediately follow it with 2AB>BCoup or 2AB>OMC>2B. It's not the best damage, but if a 5B is too slow for the situation you should go for it.

- If you find that your opponent is spamming DPs in your pressure, try cutting your blockstrings short and prepare to punish with a well charged 5B. Against YU you can counter with an air grab and then combo for 4K+

- It's probably best not to include 2B in your blockstrings. In my experience it's punishable.

- Don't forget that you can charge the kick in Myriad Arrows for a little extra damage. Just hold the button until it looks like they're about to fall over.

That's pretty much everything I can think of. Remember to practice practice practice. If it helps, you can recreate any scenario in training mode. This helps a bunch to learn how to punish things. Good luck!

Also, why don't we have a thread for this sort of thing? It would certainly make getting help easier. Just curious.

ok cool thanks. just one thing ur saying after his dp i can air throw him for a combo?

ok cool thanks. just one thing ur saying after his dp i can air throw him for a combo?

Jump and grab him. As soon as you hit the ground, do a short dash and then 6B>2B>2D>6B>2AB>BCoup. That does a little over 4k and is pretty simple.

Sign in to follow this