Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

can i also dash to the other side and hit him with 5b and it will get me a FC?

After Yu's DP you could just hold 4B and fatal with that. whatever is easiest for you

finally found out what's causing the "random" 800 damage j.Bs:

it's a JUST FRAME release. feels like if you release right about when the j.B would be charged it'll give you the full 800 instead of 400 uncharged / 520 max charge. learn the timing and you can do it. it's not a clean hit or anything, just learn the timing.

her 2B has it too. boosts damage to 1000 instead of 500/650.

hitstun seems to be the same as the full charge versions.

couldn't get it to work for 5B, maybe it doesn't exist for this move? or someone with better timing than me can do it.

Ah, that explains why it felt like I could get it relatively consistently when I tried. Didn't know about 2B though... Gonna have to try that one.

Trust be told, of all characters I find annoying when they spam DP, I've possibly had the least trouble with Mitsu. Something about it just screams "shitty", but has range... I dunno. Like I accidentally bait it almost all the time. The one that keeps hitting me is Yu's. Man, fuck his DP!!!!

It's got a great hitbox, but is absolutely a piece of shit if you guess wrong. You can't OMC it on block to make it safe, and even if you land and try to crouch block, you can't actually block for 2985782975892375839 frames after and are in counterhit state. Your only real option if you land is to super cancel it and hope that gives you a counterhit or enough time to block after. Most people won't let you land though...

- Remember that on crouching hits you can follow up with 2AB>BCoup for much better damage (I saw a few auto combos on crouching opponents)

It's a tight confirm. Not a whole lot of Mitsuru players can confirm that on a consistent basis.

- On an anti-air 2B hit follow up with 2D but don't press it a second time. You get more options when they're frozen (plus I feel that it's easier to finish a combo. I seems that you dropped what you were trying to do a few times)

This is 100% true. Very, very good advice.

- Against YU I don't recommend using the whip attacks unless they are part of a combo. It's ok once in a while, but it's very easy for him to just slide right through them and super cancel for 3K+

Also true, but it honestly depends how good the Yu's spacing is.

- If you counter hit with 5A or 2A you can immediately follow it with 2AB>BCoup or 2AB>OMC>2B. It's not the best damage, but if a 5B is too slow for the situation you should go for it.

This is also a very tight confirm, tighter than crouching I believe. See my response to your first point.

- If you find that your opponent is spamming DPs in your pressure, try cutting your blockstrings short and prepare to punish with a well charged 5B. Against YU you can counter with an air grab and then combo for 4K+

This. Fucking this.

- It's probably best not to include 2B in your blockstrings. In my experience it's punishable.

100% false. It's jump cancelable, so you can go for an instead overhead j.B. I'm not 100% certain on the following, but I do believe you can combo fully charged j.B into j.C if you get it as a starter. I was planning on testing that later and coming up with combos for it.

- Don't forget that you can charge the kick in Myriad Arrows for a little extra damage. Just hold the button until it looks like they're about to fall over.

Who uses supers aside from Bufudyne? :v:

Confirmed, you can 2B > [j.B] instant overhead into the following: j.B > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [3809-(just frame) 4089/none/37]

Edited by Jyosua

tried to calculate startups using the playback mechanism:

mitsuru startups

2AB 20

[2AB] 24 total

5AB 34

5A 6

5B 16

[5B] 26

5C 16

5D 28

2A 8

2B 10

[2B] 16

2D 24

j.A 6

j.B 10

[j.B] 16

j.C 11, 15 for higher hitbox

j.D 24

A Coup 8

B Coup 19

SB Coup 6

D Bufula 51

C Bufula 19

SB Bufula 30

ground throw 4

air throw 3

BD 9

j.BD 9

IB window is 7. Begining a block 8 frames before an attack will not give you the IB.

throw break window is 14. Pressing CD on the 15th frame will not break the throw.

yes, i know my values are off by 1 compared to the ones in arcadia. maybe the difference is due to when we count "frame 1"? Probably should +1 to all my startups.

i calculated startup from the first change in animation frames to when the hitspark appears.

i calculated ib by pausing every frame before an attack and holding back until it no longer instant blocked

i calculated throw break by trying to break a throw from when the green circle appears and attempting throw breaks each frame until it no longer worked

tested a bit this weekend. Mitsuru's 5A actually WHIFFS on crouching opponents at max range on the following chars:

Naoto, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Elizabeth, Chie, Kanji

this means that for a character like chie, she can essentially run at you and crouch/mash 2A if they anticipate a 5A from you. You can counter with 2A or 4B if you read their intentions correctly.

If 5A can whiff versus some crouching opponent that means 5AAA can whiff on ALL characters at max range, no ? (i don't have the game yet)

It's a tight confirm. Not a whole lot of Mitsuru players can confirm that on a consistent basis.

You're right, but it comes down to practice I guess. After-all, the main B&Bs are the same for the first few hits. (the "---" represents the point where the combos begin to differ)

5AAA>6B>--->5C(6hits)>ACoup. This is the standing B&B

5AAA>6B>--->2AB>BCoup. Crouching B&B

100% false. It's jump cancelable, so you can go for an instead overhead j.B. I'm not 100% certain on the following, but I do believe you can combo fully charged j.B into j.C if you get it as a starter. I was planning on testing that later and coming up with combos for it.

Confirmed, you can 2B > [j.B] instant overhead into the following: j.B > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [3809-(just frame) 4089/none/37]

That's awesome news. According to Jourdal's character intro page, you can jump cancel 5AAA and 5AAAAA as well. I'm gonna try this out in matches more often now.

Trust be told, of all characters I find annoying when they spam DP, I've possibly had the least trouble with Mitsu. Something about it just screams "shitty", but has range... I dunno. Like I accidentally bait it almost all the time. The one that keeps hitting me is Yu's. Man, fuck his DP!!!!

fuck is 5d oki too that thing is fucking killer

5AAA and 5AAAAA are jump cancelable only on hit.

2B can be jump canceled on hit or block, but the poor horizontal range vs crouching opponents means you're going to have to be right next to them when you do it.

pretty dumb question and this is probably more system related than character specific.....but, I just realized that if you one more burst a 2A (up to x3), the combo counter resets. Is this just a proation buff from the burst or some training mode glitch or just how the system works?

held jB is not instant

Yeah, I used the term there when I shouldn't have. You can't get really anything off instant overhead due to spacing, but the held overhead is a relatively easy confirm.

just wanted to ask you guys what would you recommend i do for blockstrings/ maintaining pressure mid-screen with mitsuru. i notice players using [4B] after a blocked coup to bait stuff out. but i dont really know what else to do to stay on the opponent. i watched some of lordknight's matches on jaxel's youtube channel and it seems like hes doing A+C, sweep or 5C after a blocked 5B? i watched some jap vids as well and it seems like they are using dodge as well to move forward and continue their blockstrings. but yea this seems like the main reason im losing aside from my overall lack of character matchups, so whatever help would be appreciated.

just wanted to ask you guys what would you recommend i do for blockstrings/ maintaining pressure mid-screen with mitsuru. i notice players using [4B] after a blocked coup to bait stuff out. but i dont really know what else to do to stay on the opponent. i watched some of lordknight's matches on jaxel's youtube channel and it seems like hes doing A+C, sweep or 5C after a blocked 5B? i watched some jap vids as well and it seems like they are using dodge as well to move forward and continue their blockstrings. but yea this seems like the main reason im losing aside from my overall lack of character matchups, so whatever help would be appreciated.

Every now and then I like to short-hop j.B and of course feint-sweep into throw. Feint-sweep is really good if you mix it up with what normals you pick after. (From my experiences anyway)

Every now and then I like to short-hop j.B and of course feint-sweep into throw. Feint-sweep is really good if you mix it up with what normals you pick after. (From my experiences anyway)

ohhhhh thats what i have been seeing, i thought it was ppl doing the dodge, i thought it looked like players were cancelling sweep somehow so i guess that must be it. thanks a lot for telling me this. i also notice lordknight doing high low mixups with cr.B and then jump-cancelling it into j.B instant overhead. guess i gotta find a simple combo for that situation for it to be worth it for me.

So after playing around a bit in training mode, I believe the ability to 2B after B Coup is linked to not only how close in the corner you are, but whether or not you let the opponent land when frozen/floating

pretty dumb question and this is probably more system related than character specific.....but, I just realized that if you one more burst a 2A (up to x3), the combo counter resets. Is this just a proation buff from the burst or some training mode glitch or just how the system works?

I'm sure that doesnt combo but either way you can go into A droit OMB. You can get 3192 from this for no meter.

So, has anyone been messing around with resets? I've only started trying to figured stuff on out in training mode, so I haven't spent a lot of time paying attention to how people tend to tech in this game, but if it's anything like marvel (where people pretty much always air tech back unless they have a distinct reason to air tech forward or neutral), Mitsuru should be able to setup some pretty dirty stuff with a good read and Bufudyne.

Corner AoA > launch > (don't jump) > Bufudyne and air throw > Bufudyne are both trivial and get you about 5k, in addition to whatever mixup you normally do after that. It's slightly gimmicky, but used sparingly it seems like it could be really useful. I haven't really seen any japanese players take advantage of this at all, not sure why. Has anyone else managed to make something more solid out of this?

i dont know, but if i were to play against a mitsuru, knowing the damage outpot she has in the corner, i will always tech forward in the corner. kanji characters will try almost everytime to tech forward and realy depends on the player where he is going to tech. what i have found is in midscreen you can do 5dd [4b] [2b] 2dd [4b] [2b] and 2dd again, it will hit after they tech and give time to dash and 2b they in the air.

other funny stuff: if they block bufudyne, and try to punish you, you can bufudyne again, doesn't work on yosuke, oh, and if they block again, you can do BD :P works everytime lol

oh, and if you do a [5b] fatal to someone in the corner and they have their burst, do a faint sweep to block the burst and keep going if you think they are going to burst right away.

Hello. I am a huge noob to this game (just got it two days ago). I like Mitsuru but I....eh, I guess I'll just cut to the chase:

- Opponent is crouch blocking

- Opponent is good at throw teching

How do I stop this from happening with Mitsuru's ungodly slow AoA? I hear j.B instant overhead works, but that hardly does enough damage to convince people to stop doing this.

Basically what I'm asking is, how do I open someone up with Mitsuru? She has great pokes, and good damage, but I have a hard time actually...landing hits on someone who is good at playing defensive.

Also, what are some good block strings with Mitsu? I have a difficult time being confident enough to stay on the offensive because I don't know reliable block strings.

the main trick in blockstring with mitsuru are the 5b and 2ab, you can charge those moves keep the other guessing. if they try to punish the 2ab, do [5b] 2ab, and you have a fatal in your favor. you can hold 2ab and make a throw, or reset with 2a the blockstring again. 2ab goes under some moves (like mitsuru's coups), and 5b has low invul. try to make it looks like they can hit you after the 2ab with a low and 4b they. if they respect you, just do [5b] [2ab] 2aa and repeat a few times, then throw.

Sign in to follow this