Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Can someone break down that crossover I heard about LK using? I'm afraid I missed him using it, I couldn't dedicate my full attention to the stream; And even so I have a hard time understanding it.

You mean his j.B crossover? It's pretty simple: 2B > Instant Air Dash > AC turn around > j.B

-4, EX is -2 IIRC.

from my testing all the coups are -4 when done at closest range.

also, am i the only guy who uses SB coup as basically a longer 5A? haha. seems to be working for me so far.

hum, well, about mitsu's 2b, it has 3 frames of total invul? or head invul only? the wiki says it has head invul after frame 5, but i have hear about 3 frames of full invul. someone can confirm this? or make it clear if it has full invul, head invul, both, when, how long, etc, etc please and thanks

Lmao, there's no way it has full invuln. Definitely has head invuln though.

Justin Wong has been blasted by a lot of people for saying blatantly incorrect things about the game.

All over twitter around August 9th-ish. It was also an EventHubs article.

Edit: It does seem like other people are verifying the 3 frame invuln as fact though... I'm still not sure i believe that.

Edited by Jyosua

Idk about Jwong, but stunedge said the same thing as early as saturday. LK said it's true as well.

Do you guys always use Marin Karin during blockstrings, etc?

I see some top players use it and others choose to use it at rare occasions.

About the full body invuln on 2B i tested it after i saw this on twitter and it looks like there is some.

I tested this against AoAs, most have only 1 frame active and you can indeed go trough with 2B, but when i tested against Labrys's which has 3 active frames, i couldn't get through, if 2B had 3 full invuln frames it should be able to trade at least. So i don't think it has 3 frames, might be 1 or 2.

But it's not the only strange 2B in this game, after all Aigis's 2B beats cleanly Mitsuru's DP.

There was a midscreen combo I kept seeing someone in the Fraud Free Fridays Tourney(The guy using it was facing 2gb's Aigis and eventually lost the set) that started with 5a and didn't use a OMC, but did around 3k+ dmg each time. Not sure if it was off a counterhit or not, but the opponent was standing. Anyone know what this is?

maybe AoA hit head, so 2b has to be invul to then, i tried against some of yukiko fans but i dont get it to work.

If AoAs were head hits, every 2B anti air in the game would beat those, but that's isn't the case. Also that test was only to check the length of the invul, you can beat a lot of moves with her 2B that are clearly not only head attribute, for exemple you can go trough Kanji's sweep, but for Yukiko's fans 1 or 2 frames won't be enough to go trough IMO.

Does anyone have any good mixups with Mitsuru? I have a friend that blocks everything. And now that throw resets are barely working, I have nothing to open him (Labrys) up with if he plays lame. Her AoA is just too slow.

Empty jump> low or empty jump>grab. You can also use 5B> 2B > jump cancel > Instant Overhead or Crossover Overhead. Just try crossovers or fake crossovers more.

If a Labrys is laming you out and you can't get through her defense, get the life lead and wait for timeout. That's pretty much your only option. They obviously don't want to approach and you always have the advantage on her approach, so lame them out if they don't want to play the match.

There was a midscreen combo I kept seeing someone in the Fraud Free Fridays Tourney(The guy using it was facing 2gb's Aigis and eventually lost the set) that started with 5a and didn't use a OMC, but did around 3k+ dmg each time. Not sure if it was off a counterhit or not, but the opponent was standing. Anyone know what this is?

probably a 5a into an airbone oponent, it goes like 5aa 5b 2b 2d 6 2ab c bufula 6 2ab b coup

or near the corner, 5a counter 2ab b coup 2a 2b 2d 4 2ab c bufula 5 2ab b coup for like almost 5k

So, A Coup... is there a definitive list yet of who it's safe vs or is it just generally unsafe against the whole cast if they know how to play? Was actually playing some good people for the first time tonight and they were punishing my A Coup on regular block (Akihiko, Kanji). I did read in the matchup thread for Akihiko that he can punish it every time, but what about the rest of the cast? I've actually been using A Coup to pressure and get in close, so now it feels like I'm actually learning how to play Mitsuru for real.

You don't really need coup versus Kanji, but in general for other characters (excluding Akihiko as well) it is safe on block, but you can't generally press a button afterwards unless you hit them with just the tip of it and are a decent distance away. Akihiko being able to punish it seems like bullshit to me, but alas, I found out the hard way that he'll punish it, so it's not useful for closing distance in that matchup.

I spammed A Coup to approach all the time before I found out that was bad in certain matchups. You can still use the move in those matchups, but you have to be much more careful when you do it and I try only to do it as a quick punish for them whiffing a move.

I just realized... they had awakening on for that entire video. Isn't that going to skew the damage numbers?

Also I see quite a few of the combos I use in there. There's a lot of repetition for different confirms - You really don't need more than like 2 combos for a single confirm, for a single situation... it's really just a choice between whether you want damage, oki, meter, or corner carry. There is a few interesting routes in there, but I'm not going to rethink my combos until I get the majority of my matchups down.

Sign in to follow this