Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

I love you guys so much. That droit control info is a necessity in many matchups. Thank you so much! =D

EDIT: And with Elizabeth, all you need to do against her is watch her, as many people have already said. Always charge droit if she's trying to pressure you. If she does 5AA 5B 2B j.B, you can DP after the 2B for a counterhit on reaction to her j.B, since she has to be falling for it to hit you crouching. And let's be honest, you should always be crouch blocking her. Her only overheads are j.A and AoA which are both pretty obvious and she can't cancel into j.A from 2B. She can double jump however, so don't mash your DP; do it on reaction to j.B.

For Thanatos pressure I'm pretty sure if you're charging droit no matter what Elizabeth does after 5C is easily beaten. Watch for 2C and B Droit to get closer (you might even punish Liz with it as well). If she tries to 5D you, A droit will break the card. If Liz is close enough (like in the corner) you can 5A or A droit to hit both her and her persona if she tries to pressure you.

Edited by Synthesis

For Thanatos pressure I'm pretty sure if you're charging droit no matter what Elizabeth does after 5C is easily beaten.

Elizabeth's 5C > 2C is gapless. Well you can jump after the 5C to avoid the 2C, but you can't droit right after the 5C if she does 2C immediately after. If you want to get in, wait for the 2C and droit through that. She can only cancel into specials after it, and they're all slow start-up compared to droit.

Also if Liz does j.B, you can easily time a droit A to hit her and avoid the j.B. 5C > 2C > 5C has gaps in it. It's only troublesome in netplay, where it becomes infinite for some reason.

That's pretty much what I was doing. As long as you're aware of when not to press buttons and how to break her persona, it should be a free win.

I get more angry at Labrys than I do at Slab. That's mostly because of red axe bullshit though.

ill play vs lab over slab any day, slab dp pisses me off so much

Elizabeth's 5C > 2C is gapless. Well you can jump after the 5C to avoid the 2C, but you can't droit right after the 5C if she does 2C immediately after. If you want to get in, wait for the 2C and droit through that. She can only cancel into specials after it, and they're all slow start-up compared to droit.

Also if Liz does j.B, you can easily time a droit A to hit her and avoid the j.B. 5C > 2C > 5C has gaps in it. It's only troublesome in netplay, where it becomes infinite for some reason.

That's what I meant. If she uses 5C, that's a broken card because if she does any of the follow-ups (2C/5D/jD) You can droit them. You have to wait for the followup and react, but it's still a free broken card.

ill play vs lab over slab any day, slab dp pisses me off so much

Hmm, is slab DP like Lab DP, where you can mash your own DP on reaction to beat hers? Like say if you do 5A and slab does DP, can you DP in the middle of 5A recovery? I know you can do that on Lab DP at least. You can even super or IK haha.

Hmm, is slab DP like Lab DP, where you can mash your own DP on reaction to beat hers? Like say if you do 5A and slab does DP, can you DP in the middle of 5A recovery? I know you can do that on Lab DP at least. You can even super or IK haha.

Labrys can charge her R-action, unlike S.Labrys. I've seen players 5A > TheBox on Labrys players and land on the other side of them. I've also seen Labrys' DP win out with a CH so it's up to you, if you wanna try something that risky.

Labrys can charge her R-action, unlike S.Labrys. I've seen players 5A > TheBox on Labrys players and land on the other side of them. I've also seen Labrys' DP win out with a CH so it's up to you, if you wanna try something that risky.

There is no risk rather she charges it or not. If she charges it and you do 5A and cancel it into bufudyne for instance, what can she do about it? If she doesn't charge it same thing. Bufudyne has invincible start-up, which means her DP basically whiffs, so she can't do anything about it. Same if you DP. Also if you really don't want to DP, or Bufudyne, or IK, just OMC that should work.

There is no risk rather she charges it or not. If she charges it and you do 5A and cancel it into bufudyne for instance, what can she do about it? If she doesn't charge it same thing. Bufudyne has invincible start-up, which means her DP basically whiffs, so she can't do anything about it. Same if you DP. Also if you really don't want to DP, or Bufudyne, or IK, just OMC that should work.

Why would you waste the meter? It sounds even riskier! Doesn't Labrys' DP charge absorb anything you hit her with (not tested supers)? I definitely know you cannot throw her. The logical thing to do would be to simply bait, then block the R-action and punish with 5B FC into big damage. That would be a much better use of meter.

Frame Data, it still isn't in the DL wiki. From streams, it sounds like the information is out there. i'm sure it's been discussed on here several times; could somebody link me to something or give me a quick run down? thanks

there's a bit of frame data floating around on jp sites and the like. nothing concrete. i already measured startups for some attacks, maybe you should try testing and contrbuting instead of just asking

also, there's a (imo) pretty important midscreen to corner combo that mitsurus shoudl learn: CH 5A > 2AB > SB Coup, 2AB > B Coup, 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [4B] > 2AB > A coup

4.1k for 25 meter? sounds good to me.

the trick is to start charging back about halfware through the SB Coup.

i think you have to be a bit closer than halfscreen to do it reliably.

works off a few starters, even on crouching 5AA > 5B > 2AB

also, there's a (imo) pretty important midscreen to corner combo that mitsurus shoudl learn: CH 5A > 2AB > SB Coup, 2AB > B Coup, 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [4B] > 2AB > A coup

Ah thanks for the tip, been trying to incorporate SB droit into combos more frequently than droit B counter hit starters. It even works off 5B, increasing the damage potential quite a bit. You can barely do it from midscreen, 5B seems a bit easier for the second sweep to connect, but it worked with 5A started when I tried it. Getting the second droit to connect seems a bit tricky though.

For the corner, doing sweep > droit sb > sweep > droit B from 5B starter seems like an alternative to j.B > j.C > bufula in the FC combo. The damage is roughly the same, except you spend 25 meter.

honestly, why would I venture to waste my time on that when it "appeared" that the knowledge was already out there? If it isn't, my mistake. Yeah, I've got no problem counting frames, but from what I've searched it looks like you need a hdpvr or some equivalent to count frames in video editing software. I don't own a a sufficient recording device. If there is an alternative, i'd be happy to know--thanks

One downside to using SB droit in a combo is that you can't really gain any meter after the point where you used it. I could be wrong and I'm not home to check, but please correct me if that's the case. If that's right, you'll need to decide whether the little bit of extra damage is worth the trade off in meter. I'm lazy, so I'll stick to my normal B Coup combos.

there's a bit of frame data floating around on jp sites and the like. nothing concrete. i already measured startups for some attacks, maybe you should try testing and contrbuting instead of just asking

Thanks for the info! Sounds really useful, didn't even know that this was possible. Sounds like a smarter use of meter instead of 2AB > OMC > standard mid-screen stuff.

IMO all Mitsurus should always be charging back/Down-back after a coup.

apparently you don't need to hold [5B] to max to get the max charge version, you can let go after 20F and it will be the max charge version. i just assumed 20F was the absolute max. this will definitely help me with some position dependent combos haha.

did everyone know this alreayd or am i just slow?

edit: testing more now, it's hard to pin down... maybe i was mistaken?

edit2: yeah, i dont' know anymore, please disregard this post.

So, Mitsuru players. Does Mitsuru's throw animation have some strike invul on it, or something? I don't have a recording device, so I can't really upload it anywhere, but I have a Netplay Playback in which while vsing a Mitsuru, twice in a row I tried an AoA at the same time that the Mitsuru attempted a throw, and we whiffed right through one another. Should I chalk it up to Netplay shenanigans?

So, Mitsuru players. Does Mitsuru's throw animation have some strike invul on it, or something? I don't have a recording device, so I can't really upload it anywhere, but I have a Netplay Playback in which while vsing a Mitsuru, twice in a row I tried an AoA at the same time that the Mitsuru attempted a throw, and we whiffed right through one another. Should I chalk it up to Netplay shenanigans?

When Mitsuru throws she moves forward during throw whiff animation..causing moves to whiff awkwardly at times.

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Mitsuru/CD.html

I hate to bump an old thread, but the written section of the Mitsuru overview is missing. If it's gone completely, I think I could come up with a suitable replacement.

I hate to bump an old thread, but the written section of Mitsuru wiki is missing. If it's gone completely, I think I could come up with a suitable replacement.

I'll look into it when I get back from class tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Looks like it's there, unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mitsuru_Kirijo_(P4Arena)

Thanks for pointing that out. I put a short, general overview of her there for now.

When we get close to the console release of Suplex, I'll be keeping up with the wiki a lot more.

I'm suprised no one had noticed that yet. It had been bothering me for ages.

I'm suprised no one had noticed that yet. It had been bothering me for ages.

If anyone notices something like that, please let me know :) I'll be much more involved in the wiki for suplex, so I want to know of any concerns people have.

Sign in to follow this