Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Does anybody know how to do the "fake" sweep? Like the normal sweep is 2A+B but in videos you'll see her use the sweep movement but the attack won't come out. How would I do that? Is it 2A+B and hold the buttons?

I think it's just holding the buttons, yeah.

mitsuru, yu, and naoto are the most popular characters from what i've been hearing lately. i expect to see a lot of them like ragna, jin, and nu in ct

Okay...so i played the game. Her charges aren't bad, positioning is important in her combos...it's easier to miss that you'd think. Too tired to say more :( aside from charge they're pretty easy.

Okay...so i played the game. Her charges aren't bad, positioning is important in her combos...it's easier to miss that you'd think. Too tired to say more :( aside from charge they're pretty easy.

well if jourdal says shes easy to use, then she must be REALLY easy to use

If you look at Mitsuru's command list, it's much smaller than the rest of the cast, so I already assumed she would be easy to use. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but at least she's accessible. We'll probably see more Mitsuru's online because of it, granted.

If you look at Mitsuru's command list, it's much smaller than the rest of the cast, so I already assumed she would be easy to use. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but at least she's accessible. We'll probably see more Mitsuru's online because of it, granted.

from the beginning, i knew mitsuru was gonna be a beginner's character. all of her combos are fairly simple and extremely repetitive, also her pokes and specials are safe and fairly good range too

While I'm not saying she's hard...you should wait to actually play the game first unless you already have.

Size of the command list is extremely irrelevant :vbang:, especially when everything in this game is 236 or 214 anyway, it's how you apply them in actual gameplay. If a character has a huge movelist but only 2 or 3 have practical use what does that say then? That's like saying Guile is easy to use because he only has sonic boom or flash kick. Aside from Saki in AH charge character rarely have a lot of moves and it Sakis case its just [6]4 or [8]2 for alternatives. I found Chie and Narukami to be pretty simple as well. Though idk whats the big deal about simplicity anyway :v:

Edited by Jourdal

Simple means new people wont be scared to join in and try to get decent at the game. Cause being on these forums and reading every ones knowledge about fighting games is very intimidating....feels like its almost impossible to level up!

It won't be as bad since you're joining in at the start of a new game... but it will still be hard to beat people who have had years of FG experience. That's the problem I had in BlazBlue, but it was compounded by the fact that BlazBlue had been out for 2-3 years by the time I attempted to learn the game. Plus I had no FG experience going in.

Its very difficult. most people wont really try to help you out. I wish there was like a mentoring program or something on these forums. that way someone who knows the game and plays similar to you play style can help you progress. It really difficult to tooth and nail through these things just to feel like you have gotten no where.

Its very difficult. most people wont really try to help you out. I wish there was like a mentoring program or something on these forums. that way someone who knows the game and plays similar to you play style can help you progress. It really difficult to tooth and nail through these things just to feel like you have gotten no where.

What site are you on? I've never had this problem. A lot of people feel they aren't being helped out, but that's because most of the time they get told "go practice more". The thing is most problems people come into DL with are solved by "go practice more". It's not that people don't help out, it's that a lot of people don't like it when there's no easy solution.

There's plenty of people here that are willing to help you out. I suggest that you start with playing online with an experienced player with decent connection that can distinguish what you did right and wrong and tell you what you need to improve. Once you have more knowledge of what you should be doing and what you shouldn't do, watching your own replays helps as well.

/2cents

What site are you on? I've never had this problem. A lot of people feel they aren't being helped out, but that's because most of the time they get told "go practice more". The thing is most problems people come into DL with are solved by "go practice more". It's not that people don't help out, it's that a lot of people don't like it when there's no easy solution.

Go practice what? Time in the lab means nothing when no progress is made. its not about quantity but quality and a new comer like me hits walls frequently and doesnt know where to go from there. Plus just telling them "go practice more"really feels more like your getting brushed off. 'Dont talk to us until you have reached our level."

Im not trying to whine but this was my big issue with SRK and MvC3. I would be talking to people who are top players asking for tidbits of advice and they would brush you aside with "go practice" or no respond at all. Im not looking for the easy way out. you dont become good over night but I couldnt even figure out what to do to get better. aside from switching my morrigan/doom/dante team to a standard dormmamu/doom/sentinel. telling someone "If you wanna be good stop playing with bottom tier characters" That doesnt help either.

Go practice what? Time in the lab means nothing when no progress is made. its not about quantity but quality and a new comer like me hits walls frequently and doesnt know where to go from there. Plus just telling them "go practice more"really feels more like your getting brushed off. 'Dont talk to us until you have reached our level."

Im not trying to whine but this was my big issue with SRK and MvC3. I would be talking to people who are top players asking for tidbits of advice and they would brush you aside with "go practice" or no respond at all. Im not looking for the easy way out. you dont become good over night but I couldnt even figure out what to do to get better. aside from switching my morrigan/doom/dante team to a standard dormmamu/doom/sentinel. telling someone "If you wanna be good stop playing with bottom tier characters" That doesnt help either.

First off, you don't progress just by spending some time in the lab. You need to actually go out there, find some matches, and try to apply what you've found out in the lab. After a few matches, I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether what you've found in the lab is helping you or not. I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that "Lab time = some kind of improvement" and that's simply not it. Lab time helps, sure, but if you spend 50 days in the lab and then go online and play 1 match, you're not going to be a whole lot better than 50 days before. You need to manage your time between the lab and actually going out and trying stuff.

Also, if people are refusing to tell you themselves what you need to do (shame on them, though), then you need to go out and find that information yourself, whether it be in forums or in videos. If no one has written any sort of guide or anything in a forum, then the next best thing to do is to frequently watch videos of people who are succeeding with your character/team and see what they do during matches. Trust me, watching videos of people playing your character and viewing their mistakes and accomplishments gives you a really good sense of what to do and not to do.

The solution generally is to practice more though... seriously, out of all my friends I was the only one who DID go practice more, and I'm was the one who HADN'T been playing BB since CT (started in CSII) as low-tier bang, but had the most consistent wins because I went and practiced more. They aren't brushing you off, their giving you the proper advice. What do you want them to say? When you hit a wall, you practice more. Even if you get someone to tell you what you're doing wrong, it doesn't help if you don't practice.

EDIT: Practice =/= lab time, a lot of time by practice, I mean go lose some matches, and try and figure out why you lost (or ask someone for help if you can describe what happened well or have a video. Someone will probably help)

THAT'S your problem.

Jokes aside (Every community has their assholes and angels, I'm guessing you unfortunately ran into more the former than the latter), as for the walls you say you keep hitting, it's up to you discover what exactly are they and how to overcome them. I'll give you a few examplse for when I was starting out BBCT as a Noel player back in Q1 2010.

Wall #1: Combos are hard to perform at first.

Solution: Just grind it out.

Wall #2: Opponents block fairly well and I can't auto-pilot into combos as much as I want to.

Solution: Mix in more overheads and convert off of them. Same goes for lows.

Wall #3: Some opponents sometimes block almost everything I throw at them and can block high on reaction due to Noel's slow 6B and 2D.

Solution: Mix in some throws.

Wall #4: I panic when I'm on the receiving end of attacks and get Counter Hit .easily.

Solution: Stop pressing buttons when blocking and don't just sit there wondering when your opponent's pressure will end, familiarize yourself with the normals that he/she uses in their blockstrings

First off, you don't progress just by spending some time in the lab. You need to actually go out there, find some matches, and try to apply what you've found out in the lab. After a few matches, I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether what you've found in the lab is helping you or not. I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that "Lab time = some kind of improvement" and that's simply not it. Lab time helps, sure, but if you spend 50 days in the lab and then go online and play 1 match, you're not going to be a whole lot better than 50 days before. You need to manage your time between the lab and actually going out and trying stuff.

Also, if people are refusing to tell you themselves what you need to do (shame on them, though), then you need to go out and find that information yourself, whether it be in forums or in videos. If no one has written any sort of guide or anything in a forum, then the next best thing to do is to frequently watch videos of people who are succeeding with your character/team and see what they do during matches. Trust me, watching videos of people playing your character and viewing their mistakes and accomplishments gives you a really good sense of what to do and not to do.

I dig what your saying but ive encountered many a time where I didnt have the level of sharingan to comprehend exactly what the person did, or was trying to do. but I think thats on me....im nto sure how to level up without finding the houston TX scene meetups.

Edited by Matamune7

I dig what your saying but ive encountered many a time where I didnt have the level or sharingan to comprehend exactly what the person did, or was trying to do. but I think thats on me....im nto sure how to level up without finding the houston TX scene meetups.
That's another thing newcomers struggle with when they want to get better. They don't know exactly what they should and shouldn't be doing due to their lack of FG knowledge. Don't worry, we've all been there and it takes some research and experience on your own end to figure out what are the right and wrong things to do.

I dig what your saying but ive encountered many a time where I didnt have the level of sharingan to comprehend exactly what the person did, or was trying to do. but I think thats on me....im nto sure how to level up without finding the houston TX scene meetups.

That is definitely on you. If you're trying to learn a character, you need to be familiar enough with said character to comprehend what other people are doing with that character at a glance. If you're not quite sure what moves they're using, or what combos they're using, then just use your character more and become more familiar with their moves/combos.

Honestly, if you're not really familiar with your character, then that's what you should be focusing on first.

The solution generally is to practice more though... seriously, out of all my friends I was the only one who DID go practice more, and I'm was the one who HADN'T been playing BB since CT (started in CSII) as low-tier bang, but had the most consistent wins because I went and practiced more. They aren't brushing you off, their giving you the proper advice. What do you want them to say? When you hit a wall, you practice more. Even if you get someone to tell you what you're doing wrong, it doesn't help if you don't practice.

EDIT: Practice =/= lab time, a lot of time by practice, I mean go lose some matches, and try and figure out why you lost (or ask someone for help if you can describe what happened well or have a video. Someone will probably help)

That is VERY rare to come by. and like I said 'go practice' does not help unless you know WHAT your practicing. I spent countless of hours in the lab on MvC3 and am I better then all of my friends? Easily. but I dont want to just beat my friends. I want to be what ive come to define as "Stream worthy". I want to log into dust loop (or at the time SRK) and feel like Im a name someone remembers.

Sign in to follow this