Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Combo Thread (Updated 9/20/2012)

Yeah, I just list for max damage. You can modify them all for B Coup pretty easily if you don't want max dmg, most of the time just like you said. Just for finishing others off or if oki just isn't in your style for some reason(though it should). Some players also prefer guaranteed damage over potential damage, and these could also be used to end the round. That's not really essential, the different routes are. Still, you can do some airtech mindgames with even these.

Thanks alot for helping me with timing the OMB, now it works pretty consistently already. Here's an example midscreen OMB combo against a crouching opponent, no CH:

5B > 2AB > A Coup > OMB > [6B] > [2B] > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup for 5283 damage. Surprisingly powerful. Burst worth spending at the start of the round for this? o_O

It's sort of listed but in the midscreen section and incorrect notation. Anyway, this is the corner 2A combo that can be used as an unreactable 50-50 mixup along with instant overhead when you have 50 meter:

2AAA > A Coup > OMC > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup for 3049 damage.

More dmg meterless off an air throw CH near the corner:

AT > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > 2AB > A Coup for 5045 damage.

A good instant overhead combo in the corner:

j.B > OMC > [j.B] > j.C > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup for 3973 damage.

A good instant overhead combo midscreen:

j.B > OMC > [j.B] > j.C > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > C Bufula > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup for 3517 damage.

There's a few routes I haven't properly experimented with(ex. 2B > C Bufula > [j.B] > j.C > 2DD > [4B] etc. when 2B > 2D gives them enough time to airtech) but her combos feel generally simple to map out. I really like how I can memorize just a few things and it works for just about all her combos no matter the situation.

Edited by Shikyo

What's the best we can get out of Guard Cancel > Burst in the corner? I've been using this a lot recently (mainly vs. Chie):

GC Burst > 2B 2DD > (walk under) > 5AA 5B 2AB > B Droit > D Bufudyne

But I'm really underwhelmed by how little damage it does, given it's a CH off 100 meter and a Burst. This does more:

GC Burst > 6B 2B 2D > 6B 2AB > C Bufula > [6B] 2AB > C Bufudyne

But you lose corner. Can you get anything better off that while still keeping the opponent in the corner?

The combo you posted "GC Burst > 2B 2DD > (walk under) > 5AA 5B 2AB > B Droit > D Bufudyne" does 2776 and requires you do use Bufudyne to get D-bufula oki. There's some stuff that CAN work for more damage but is unreliable because the spacing and timing doesn't always work depending on how far away they are after the burst. GC Burst > dash under 2B is possible but seems to be a little too awkward and unreliable for me, especially since different characters will be closer or farther away when you hit them.

This seems to be the simplest for me... GC Burst > Dash under 5AA > 5B > 2AB > B Coup > 2B > C Bufula > 6B > B Coup > D Bufula. It does 2889, which isn't much of an improvement. It does however allow you do set up Mirror oki, which is preferable to me unless you can kill with a super. Speaking of which, you can't kill in combos that include guard cancels, so I would almost always choose to save the meter.

Hope this helped a little bit. Keep in mind that for the 2B to connect the opponent must be as high as possible during the B coup, just like with a corner throw combo. It's actually really easy, so don't think too much of it.

edit: It's also worth noting that you could choose to go for resets midscreen, so you could choose to 2AB > D Bufula outside of the corner. I'd still prefer to keep the corner, but it's worth it sometimes to be different.

Edited by LegendaryRath

Well, here's some 5C counter combos.

[Corner]

5C [15] > [6B] > 2AB > droit B > 2A > 2B > 2D > j.B > j.C > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > droit B nets 5162 damage, must be in corner

5C [15] > [6B] > 2AB > droit A > OMB > [6B] > 2AB > droit B > 2A > 2B > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > droit B > droit A nets 5859 damage, same as the one above.

5C [15] > [6B] > 2AB > OMB > [6B] > 2AB > droit B > 2A > 2B > 2D > j.B > j.C > bufula C > 2AB > droit B > droit A nets 6021 (does 7765 if you double bufudyne), same as above, removed the droit A, seems to do more damage.

[Midscreen]

5C [15] > 5DD > [4B] > 2AB > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > coup B nets 4145 damage

5C [12] > 6B > 2AB > coup A > OMC > 2B > 2D > [6B] > 2AB > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > coup B > coup A nets 5068 must be crouching

5C [12] > 6B > 2AB > OMC > 2B > 2D > [6B] > 2AB > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > coup B > coup A nets 4938, basically a much easier version than the one above.

5C [12] > 6B > 2AB > coup A > OMB > [6B] > 2B > 2D > [6B] > 2AB > bufula C > [6B] > 2AB > coup B > coup A nets 5526, same as the version before, few tweaks is all, delay the OMB a bit after coup A

I might do a video compilation of this or something.

edit: clarified it a bit.

Edited by AchedSphinx

midscreen counter 5C [15] > 5DD > [4B] > [2B] > 2DD > [4B] > 2AB > c bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B coup... If I remember correctly it does 4800-ish. Not at my console to check. It's the exact same combo for 5DD except that it starts with 5C

edit: just tried it for 4572 building 39 meter, if you add an A Myriad Arrows after the B coup, you get 5281.

Edited by LegendaryRath

midscreen counter 5C [15] > 5DD > [4B] > [2B] > 2DD > [4B] > 2AB > c bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B coup... If I remember correctly it does 4800-ish. Not at my console to check. It's the exact same combo for 5DD except that it starts with 5C

Just tested it, does 4572 damage. Somehow I forgot about that combo and used a weaker version instead, I just couldn't remember how to do it. To get 4800, you might have hit the just frame with it.

edit: or if they're close to the corner, you might be able to get droit A added after the droit B.

edit 2: okay with droit A added it does 4782 damage. Great damage for a midscreen punish that requires no meter. I'll probably use this combo from now on since I was using some complicated combo for my midscreen 5C punishes.

Edited by AchedSphinx

5AA> 5B> 2AB> OMC> 2B> 2D> [6B]> 2AB> C Bufula> [5B]> 2AB> B Coup [3762/50/14]

I cannot seem to gain anymore than 13 SP with this combo. It might be noted vaulty.

Nonetheless, it doesn't change the fact that it is vaulted. Especially if you can fix it.

I see then.

Anywho, I have seen and tested a lot of combos that are not listed here.

I'll redo them again to figure out maximum and minimum damage, SP Gain, SP Cost and Sp Drain, if applied.

If anyone is still interested in this topic, that is. Otherwise I will just use it for references.

I already went over that with him.

He'll do it.

Anyway, then expect the update from me soon, most likely tomorrow. It'll most likely cover all the standing combos listed here so far. Perhaps a few new ones and some reorganizing.

I'll see if I can fit in the crouching ones as well, or any others, for that matter.

Coming back to this game, and all of a sudden 5aa>5b>2ab isn't connecting.  Training dummy set up to block properly vs Chie, but I don't remember this being a character specific thing.  Was there some patch I missed? Or am I forgetting something?

EDIT: Nvm fixed it, only works crouching apparently.  So what do you use on a standing opponent in the corner?

So what do you use on a standing opponent in the corner?

There isn't much you can do on standing in any situation. Autocombo or something short like 5AA > 6B > 5C (6hits) > A coup works well enough.

I'll make a new combo thread specific to P4U2 once we get closer to a console release. Waiting until we have a better idea of what's optimal will make it easier to keep it clutter free.

Any P4A combos should be posted in this thread, just to keep from mixing the two games up.

A quick question about that recently uploaded video. I was aware of these combos before, but I can't get the micro dash done properly in most cases. When it does happen it's through sheer luck. 

Any advice and/or hints and tips?

A quick question about that recently uploaded video. I was aware of these combos before, but I can't get the micro dash done properly in most cases. When it does happen it's through sheer luck. 

Any advice and/or hints and tips?

The most consistent way I've found is to input 2362366A. Just input the double quarter circle forward like normal, and when it's time to press A, just press forward one more time. 

The most consistent way I've found is to input 2362366A. Just input the double quarter circle forward like normal, and when it's time to press A, just press forward one more time. 

Thank you, I'll try that. It might not work so regularly with me, because i always press 236236A in such a way that I kind of press the second 236 motion and A at the same time.

I'm busy making an optimal combo list.

Here are some midscreen neutral (standing) 5A combos.
They aren't truly optimal, because you can change 2> 2D> 6 into 2> 2DD> 4 for around ~30 more damage, but this makes the combo a million times less practical, so I decided not to include it. 

Also, it's adviced to do shortdashes after OMCs, or it might not work. e.g OMC> (3)2B or OMC> (3)2AB. And so on. If a combo doesn't seem to work, add in the dash.

Imput - Damage - SP Cost (Minus pre-use SP gain) - Post combo SP gain (Minus SP Cost) - Burst (Yes/No)

5AA> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A (Far)

5AAA> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A (Mid)

5A> 2B> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A> (Close)

5AA> 2B> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A (Close) All - Labrys, Akihiko, Shabrys

5A> 2AB> [4]6B

5AAAAAA > 236236B

5AA> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A> 236236B (Far)

5AAA> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A> 236236B (Mid)

5A> 2B> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A> 236236B (Close)

5AA> 2B> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A> 236236B (Close) All - Labrys, Akihiko, Shabrys

5A> 2AB> [4]6A> OMC> 2B> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B

~5A> 2AB> [4]6A> OMC> 2B> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

5A> 2AB> OMC> 6B> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B

~5A> 2AB> OMC> 6B> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

5A> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B

~5A> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

5AA> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B

~5AA> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

5AAA> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [4]6B

~5AAA> [4]6A> OMC>  2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

5AAAA> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 6> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [4]6B

~5AAAA> [4]6A> OMC> 2AB> OMC> 2> 2D> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [2]8D (Oki)

More to come. And thought they might not always seem practical to everyone. It never hurts to practice more damaging combos for in good connection matches.

This is just 5A neutral hits. I am planning on doing all starters, with every amount of meter (50, 100, 150), with burst, with every amount of meter WITH burst. Awakening, every enemy position. Aerial, neutral, crouching, and for every screen position. Midscreen, close to corner and corner. 

It will take a while, but look forward to it.

EDIT: Sorry for the weird layout. It seems the tables and cells I had used in wordpad appear when I copy past it to the site, but dissapear when I post the actual post. I'll keep this in mind next time.

Also, I am not doing per 25 meter unless it's required (e.g Mabufudyne/Myriad Arrows combos without burst). We all know you can replace an A Coup with an SB coup for more damage.

In some cases you can even readd the 5B you had to omit, but still, this only adds around a 100 more damage and costs quite some meter. An example of what I mean: [2]8C> 2AB> [4]6B (Proration too low to add 5B) can be changed, with 25 meter, to [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6AB.
It seems better, but it barely makes a difference.

Sign in to follow this