Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Combo Thread (Updated 9/20/2012)

Does the 5B for this combo need to be held for it to work?

5B> 2C> [6B]> [2B]> 2D> [6B]> 5C (15 Hits)> 5DD> [4B]> 2AB> C Bufula> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup

the dummy recovers too fast for it to work when not held.

Also this combo:

5B > 2AB> OMC> 2B> 2D> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 2B> C Bufula> [6B] > 2AB > B Coup

Doesn't work midscreen unless you're pretty close to the corner as the 2A won't connect.

Edited by onemic

Any combo that starts with 5B > 2C requires that the 5B be completely charged and fatal counter. So that combo should probably be [5B]> 2C> [6B]> [2B]> 2D> [6B]> 5C (15 Hits)> 5DD> [4B]> 2AB> C Bufula> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup. That's a really good midscreen combo, my guess would be 4900-ish.

The second combo should work regardless of how long you held 5B at the start, assuming you fatal countered or they are crouching. So long as the first B Coup carries the opponent into the corner, it should work very time.

In what situations would you use the first combo though? I understand the 2nd one as you can use it to bait throw techs, but the with he first one requiring a charged 5B, that situation is sorta out of the question isn't it?

What usually happens (for me at least) is that you can condition the other person to press buttons on wake up. Once you read this, you can run up and then do [4B]. It's beats plenty of DPs if they don't delay it (Chie, Teddy, Naoto, and a few others come to mind).

There's also a lot of stuff it can be used to punish on reaction (Kanji, Elizabeth, and Aigis' DP, and maybe a few others)

Remember, if it has a chance to hit, go for every once in a while. I like to do 5AA > 6B > 2AB (feint) > C+D (grab) a few times in a row. Once I can feel safe that they'll try to start counter grabbing me, I'll begin to use [4B] instead of the grab in the same pressure. It works wonders if it's against the right person.

Easier version of the Marin Karin corner combo:

[4B]> 2C> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 5C (15 Hits)> [6B]> 2B> 2D> j.A> j.C>[4B]> 2AB> B Coup> C Bufudyne [6167/50/71]

Besides the slight drop in damage the biggest difference is that because it uses j.A and j.C it is character specific and won't work on Labrys, Slab, Yosuke, Akihiko, or Mitsuru.

[4B]> 2C> [6B]> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 5C (15 Hits)> [6B]> 2B> 2D> [4B]> 2AB> B Coup> C Bufudyne [6054/50/68]

works on the whole cast.

If you add a [6B] to the first combo after the 2C you have to do an A coup which leads to more damage(5659 without using bufudyne) but i'm not sure what the damage is with a bufudyne because I'm terrible at connecting A droit to super, if you can it should do more damage than the marin karin combo listed in the op I think.

Edited by onemic

Since there isn't a beginner's Q&A in this forum, I'll just ask my question here:

I'm having trouble getting C Bufula to consistently connect off of a [XB]-2AB exchange. What usually happens is that they're either too high for the sweep to connect, or too low for the Bufula to hit. Does anyone either know what I'm doing wrong or have any advice on this part of the combo? Thanks.

EDIT: This is usually preceded by a 2DD (4B) or a 2D (6B) if that helps.

EDIT 2: Actually, I find it much easier to do say, ...2AB-OMC-5AA-5B-2B-2D-[6B]-2AB-etc. than the latter.. I'll just list the specific combo I'm having trouble with: CH j.C-4B-2B-2D-[6B]-2AB-C Bufula-etc.

I find it easier to do this combo with a [5B] rather than a [6B], also, I suspect that it's the 4B-2B-2D part that's actually messing me up.

Edited by Siefer

If spaced properly, this will work:

[j.B] > j.C > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup [4284/0/40]

[j.B] > j.C > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > Bufudyne[4724/50/40]

Both also work on counterhit, without charge.

Edit: I forgot to mention these are corner combos.

Edit2: Lol, forgot bufudyne at the end of the second combo.

Edited by Jyosua

@Jyosua: I'm not sure if your post was in response to mine. I'm also not sure if you read the 2nd edit to my post, but I don't see the relevance of what you're saying, so I'm assuming this was just a general post.

B Coup-2A-2B-C Bufula, that only works if it's in the corner though doesn't it?

That was not a post that was relevant to anything you said. I would say you should use the general thread to ask questions, but instead I'ma say fuck it and create a beginner Q&A thread instead. I'm just posting combos to fill out this thread.

Edit: I created the thread. Look at the topics list.

Also, here's a sweep fatal counter corner combo:

Sweep > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup [4689-4779/0/42-43]

Sweep > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > Bufudyne [5400-5439/50/42-43]

Ranges due to just frames.

4/5/6B Fatal Counter Combo:

[4/5/6B] > 2C > [6B] > 2B > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [5531/none/72]

[4/5/6B] > 2C > [6B] > 2B > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > SB Coup > Bufudyne [6317-6400/75/72]

Edited by Jyosua

That was not a post that was relevant to anything you said. I would say you should use the general thread to ask questions, but instead I'ma say fuck it and create a beginner Q&A thread instead. I'm just posting combos to fill out this thread.

Edit: I created the thread. Look at the topics list.

Also, here's a sweep fatal counter corner combo:

Sweep > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup [4689-4779/0/42-43]

Sweep > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup > Bufudyne [5400-5439/50/42-43]

Ranges due to just frames.

4/5/6B Fatal Counter Combo:

[4/5/6B] > 2C > [6B] > 2B > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > A Coup [5531/none/72]

[4/5/6B] > 2C > [6B] > 2B > B Coup > 2A > 5B > 5C (Max number of times)> 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufula > [6B] > 2AB > SB Coup > Bufudyne [6317-6400/75/72]

Ah so you need SB coup for it to connect. I thought A coup made them recover too quickly.

Ah so you need SB coup for it to connect. I thought A coup made them recover too quickly.

Yeah, playing around with tech times at the end of combos is fun. SB Coup is a good way to tack on a Bufudyne that would normally not connect. It's an extra 25 heat, but in this case if you've already got the fatal confirm and you can kill with it, it's nearly free.

A Coup is also a good way to get AUB resets if you time a Bufudyne or 2B to hit them when they tech in the air.

Didnt see these mentioned but they are pretty simple and damaging (the C bufu can be pretty hard to connect in some situations though)

Near Corner, non counter hit:

[5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > 4B > 2AB > C Bufu > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup [4927/None/41]

[5B] > 2AB > B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufu > 4B > 2AB > C Bufu > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup [5156/None/46]

B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > 4B > 2AB > C Bufu > [5B] > 2AB > B Coup [3956/None/34]

B Coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [j.B] > j.C > C Bufu > 4B > 2AB > C Bufu > [5B] > 2AB > A Coup [4145/None/40]

Hopefully I didnt just miss these ones in the list, the C Bufu can be hard to connect until you practice it some, but you basically want to go for a full charge 4B most of the time and try to get as far away from them as possible so you dont create it past their body

The [5B] ones work with non charged 5B on crouchers

Ok so a few characters have SMP loops so i tried to make one for mitsuru.... but even after 11 different hits i still cant do a loop WTH????? wat gives? why cant i loop her move they do that tech instantly thingy after like 2~reps

Mitsuru combo recommendation list:

First off, some small notes about Freeze:

1) You are allowed up to 3 normal freezes in a combo. Normal freezes are bufula and whips (2D, 5D, JD). Thus, if all 3 hits of D Bufula hit, you will not be able to follow up with C Bufula.

2) SB Bufula - you can follow up with 1 normal freeze if all the hits of SB Bufula don't connect.

3) Whips (2D, 5D, JD) must be the first freeze of your combo - if not, the attack will not freeze.

4) Bufudyne and Mahabufudyne will always freeze.

MIDSCREEN:

5AAAAA(A)

-Autocombo, gives a good amount of meter. Sometimes I think it's worth it end in super because it gives hard knockdown, which leads into a situation that's easier to control than A droit vs a standing opponent. Must be point blank.

5AA(A) > 5B > Sweep > B droit

-Standard crouch confirm, excellent corner carry, can lead into mixup if you want, universal.

Whatever > 2B > 2D > 5B (held) or 6(4)B (held) > Sweep > C Bufula > 6B (Held) > Sweep > B Droit)

-Pretty much your goal midscreen. Most of your confirms will lead to this, if possible. Ways to go into this combo:

1) AA > 5B > Sweep > OMC [Notes]

2) Sweep > OMC

3) AA > 5B > Sweep > OMB > 6B (Held)

4) Sweep > OMB > 6B (Held)

5) Fall JA (CH) > dash 5AA 5B

6) 5AA > 5B [Notes]

7) 2B anti air

8) 2B (CH) > Feint > 5AA 5B [Notes]

9) J7B (Held) > JDD > C Bufula (omit 2B > 2D and continue from there)

10) JDD > C Bufula (omit 2B > 2D and continue from there)

11) 5A or 2A (CH) > Sweep > OMC

12) Rising JB OMC > JB > JC > Land C Bufula (2D and continue from there)

13) Airthrow CH or OMB > dash 6B(held)

By now you get the drill. Either a specific hit, or confirm into meter to get the full midscreen confirm. It's VERY important that you learn this combo - I'll list a couple of compromise combos off other hits, but you don't want to compromise on this one. I list the first 5B as 6(4)B because you may have to input the move that way in order to get the sweep > C Bufula to connect. Alternatively, you can choose not to charge, which sacrifices damage but works better for others. doesn't work for me though

[Notes]

1) If you start off a jump in, you might have to omit the last 6B.

6) Use this when you catch opponents on their way up (as in, the frames where you can't block after jump start up). Admittedly, you can't actually hitconfirm into this using 5B (as in 5AA > 5B > 2B) but it is possible if you do 5AA and go straight into 2B. Alternatively, in some situations, it's fine to just go straight into 5AA > 5B > 2B (for example, after A droit ender vs a standing opponent), but other times you don't know what'll happen.

8)Use this for "awkward" situations involving 2B. 2B CH is untechable until they hit the ground. Use this against characters that prefer using air moves to avoid teching throws, like Chie. Also, you get to keep pressure, as sweep feint recovers much faster than 2D. For this combo, you'll have to omit the last 6B.

5AAA (2B) > sj forward jB

-Occasional random hitconfirm. Let's you get meaty/mixup, damage is very low.

2D > B Droit

-Easy confirm for when you use 2D at a range where you probably can't follow up. Of course, if you're close enough to the corner, you can follow this up into full corner combo.

2DD > 4B (held) > 5C(9) > 2B > C Bufula > 6B (held) > Sweep > B droit

Higher damage confirm off 2D. A little tough to actually confirm this, but the damage is good. Much easier to do this off max range JD.

2DD > 5AA 4B Sweep > B droit

Practical, easy 2DD confirm.

5DD > 5AA 5B 2B(held) > 2DD > 4B (Held) > B droit

5D confirm midscreen. Use this route if you want to keep them in front of you.

5DD > 5AA 5B 2B (held) > 2DD > walk forward > 5AA > 4B > Sweep > B droit

Use this route to sideswap.

CORNER:

Best (practical) route:

xx > Sweep > B droit > 2A > 5C (Full hit) > Marin Karin > 6B 2B (held) > 2D > JB(held) JC > land > C Bufula > 4B (held) > Sweep > B droit (D Bufudyne x2)

Fatal counter combo. 5B, Held 5B > Marin Karin > dash held 6B, and Sweep FC all lead into this.

CH confirm:

xx > Sweep > B droit > 2A 2B 2D > neutral JB (held) JC > C Bufula > 4B (held) > Sweep > B Droit

5A CH, 2A CH, 5B raw (on crouchers), JB CH, JA CH, raw sweep. Good damage off this one, definitely worth learning as you can combo into this on standing opponents.

"Standard" confirm:

xx > 5B > Sweep > B droit > 2A 2B C Bufula > 4B(held) > Sweep > B Droit

Pretty much anything else if they are crouching, usually AAA > 5B into this.

2A with meter or 5AA(AA) confirm:

2AA(A) or 5AA(AA) > A droit > omc > Sweep > B droit > 2A 2B C Bufula > 4B (held) > sweep > b droit

A little hard but worth learning. If you use 3 2A's or 4 5A's (not sure though), omit the 4B at the end.

Throw (important!!!!!!!!!)

Throw > AA > 5B Sweep B droit > 2B C bufula > 4B (Held) > B droit

Definitely worth learning, one of her most important combos. Vs Naoto and Yukiko, you need to do B droit (6) > 2B, input it as B droit (3) > 3B in order to keep your charge.

Edited by Lord Knight

A droit> omc> goes into sweep?!?! o.0 damn. On a side note. your NEC matches, LK, inspired me to get my drive back into this game; thanks for that--no joke.

--also, i don't follow these forums religiously, so excuse me if this is past knowledge, but I haven't seen this in match videos at the least-- midscreen throw, non CH, can be rc'd for 5aa>2B (air combo w.out burst or)> JA> OMB> 5b>sweep>*B droit*>2b corner combo, almost 4k iirc

*** ^I forgot the B droit up there^^

Edited by ElixirelDaath
drunken typos

that combo is extremely difficult, so i dont find it to be so practical. im not sure it's common knowledge....

near the corner you can do throw > sb droit (6) for a more stable confirm though

EDIT: well i need to try 5aa > 2b, i think i remember trying 5aa > 5b > 2b and it was really hard

hey LK im having trouble with this combo: "CH confirm: xx > Sweep > B droit > 2A 2B 2D > neutral JB (held) JC > C Bufula > 4B (held) > Sweep > B Droit" im doing CH 5AA into this combo but at the end i cannot get B droit to connect, they always tech out at the sweep, any help would be appreciated.

Also on a side note, i tried doing 4b(held) at the 2nd half of the FATAL counter combo and it always seems that they are too far for it to connect, so i started using 6b (held) does that make a difference?

hey LK im having trouble with this combo: "CH confirm: xx > Sweep > B droit > 2A 2B 2D > neutral JB (held) JC > C Bufula > 4B (held) > Sweep > B Droit" im doing CH 5AA into this combo but at the end i cannot get B droit to connect, they always tech out at the sweep, any help would be appreciated.

Also on a side note, i tried doing 4b(held) at the 2nd half of the FATAL counter combo and it always seems that they are too far for it to connect, so i started using 6b (held) does that make a difference?

1) needs to be 1 5A, not 2

2) you can use held 6 or 5b if you want, 4b works for me so that's what i wrote. all versions are the same as far as proration and damage

shouldn't CH j.C be added for the midscreen starters?

err, i guess. it's not something i use so i didnt type it lol

Thanks LK but i am still having trouble with connecting the last B droit at the end of the combo, it seems as though they're too high or they tech too quickly. Could the issue be that im using c bufula too early and not letting them drop down enough before hitting with 6b?

as long as it's 5a ch > sweep > b droit you should be able to get the full combo, there's no real trick to it

Sign in to follow this