Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Tell me about it. It's setups good cross-ups and stuff, and very good tool indeed. Any normals on the ground that I can use for spacing?

yeah jB really good.. try to make it hit as low as possible.. cuz like against chie.. you can make her activate her reversal but you land and block allowing you to punish her

people gotta respect it if you do it really low but if you do it high they can anti air you all day and combo for free

Labrys normal generally very good for spacing 5a & 5b has very long range but very slow move, if fast character(Chie / Akihiko / yosuke) catch you on close quarter ... expect a hard time to get out, 2b is jump cancel able on block, it's a good move for baiting DP or to set up cross up, on Green axe 5a>2b only combos on croucher on Red Axe 5a>5b>5A+B combos pretty easy to hit confirm for extra damage... and at red Axe on my experience her 5AA is at least +3 on block, you can frame trap with it >.>

red axe (crouching, not sure if needed)

5a 2b 214ab 22a 2b (spike hits) bd (full charge) 5a 5a 2c ......

what after, you think? thats 2.7 ish for 25 meter, so if you got meterless followup that would be sick. ^^

god this character, so fun ^^

5a>2b combos on standing at Red Axe, iirc on Red Axe 5aa>66aa>2c>[bd]>66aa>2c>[bd]>aaaa also do the same damage meterless...

Anyway ... 214ab>22[a]>2b <- u can link this to combos? i tought she need to 5a>2b pickup on Tsurugi setup? ... if this does works, it might help me to setup Brutal Impact at Green Axe with 5b/2b ch starter ~~~<3

in my red axe combo (from above)

5a 2b 214ab 22a (move here) (thread hits) whatever whatever

i have hit.....

5a (easy)

2a (easy/medium)

2b (medium, can NOT mash it at all)

5b (hard, too early it knocks out, but its possible midscreen. easier in corner)

havent tried anything else but i assume thats all you can swing.

main reason i asked about the above is 1: i just came up with it, so i have no idea how optimal it is and 2: it was 2.7 ish at that point. i assume you can continue it. if i can get 3.5 and oki i would be so happy ^^ figure id put it up for brainstorm

(side/brag note: hit 100psr on day one. yay :D)

Thanks, i'll try to practice that 2b pick up :kitty: and after 1 week of playing her, i got the impression 2.7k off random a starter is actually a pretty good damage for Labrys.

Haven't mess up with 5a starter combos, but i think your setup will also works on green axe.

Thanks, i'll try to practice that 2b pick up :kitty: and after 1 week of playing her, i got the impression 2.7k off random a starter is actually a pretty good damage for Labrys.

Haven't mess up with 5a starter combos, but i think your setup will also works on green axe.

5a 2b 214ab is red axe only i think. ive dropped it a lot at yellow

5a 5a 214ab is green axe though i believe

don't feel bad about it.. her normals are slow so at some points it's hard to connect. keep practicing and you'll get it down =)

anyway.. just have to say, i love this character.. SOOO much... and i hope you guys have the same love for her as i do =D

Labrys is awesome really. She's the reason I decided to buy and give the game a try really. Wasn't too interested in it before I actually saw her.

Now to try and do her justice and to break myself of a building reliance on auto-comboing...

How is her mixup game? From what I have seen it doesn't seem to be too good :/

Its pretty bad unless you have meter and even then it only allows us to do so 214AB > 214A for a double overhead or OMC from a High to a low to catch the opponent off guard.

it's uhh.. very limited lol.. you gotta pretty much rely on your range and frame traps to kill people. also don't get into the same habit as me and going 5aa right off the bat.. it's horrendous and i'm still trying to break it. you should study your opponent on the fly and try to bait counters by holding your normals.. it wrecks people.

tbh the auto combo isn't VERY bad.. it's like.. if you see they're 45% or less. and you have red axe and it's the last round.. do it up to the super and pour your red axe into it.. they WILL die

pretty much try to keep some range at all times so that they can't punish you as easy

red axe - 5a 2b 214ab 22b 5b is easy for midscreen. plenty of time for dash [bd] or some stuff

red axe - 5a 2b 214ab 22a 2b super jump j214b(level2) ????

if i find something worth knowing, ill let you all know. first combo tool i wanna work with is "whatever into 214ab 22x" style combos ^^

and i hope you guys have had the pleasure of netplay labrys mirrors. it is the best thing ever.

Labrys's auto combo isn't that bad. Because of the way that the 3rd hit of 5AAA sends the opponent flying, you can just special cancel it into 22C.

They're pretty much land right where it'll come up. So you can go for a left/right high/low mix up. I think that's with delaying the 22C as well. I don't have the game in front of me.

But it's something simple you can use when you're low on axe levels.

This character is really bad compared to the others but... She's just super fun.

Like. Holy shit super duper mega fun.

It'd be a good idea to also have another character in the back to handle those match ups that Labrys can't.

Which is most of them.

They can tech out of the third hit if you don't follow it up with anything. Her auto combo is actually pretty important, though many combos don't use more than the first two hits of it.

you just gotta play smarter in general. btw tari, you get that chie specific combo down? =P i got the action down and i can get it going.. i just don't know how to end it or do loops or whatever. piano a+c>jB is soooooo fun!