Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

That's about it, lol. If it's a punish, you can do 5B (CH) > 5C > 2C > [b+D] > etc. to boost your damage to around 3.6k, iirc, but you're still not really going to get oki without sacrificing a bunch of damage (going directly into sweep after the [b+D], or doing ...2C > 5D (2 hits) > 214A > oki at close range).

You can do 5B(CH) > 5C > 2C instead. It brings the opponent closer so the 2C > [bD] can hit more consistently at certain spacings.

Adding 5C to your combo gives 3657, 30SP with slightly lower damage depending on the character.

I've only had a little trouble doing this after Mitsuru's DP, which leaves her crouching after doing one. If you aren't fast enough, 5C > 2C won't connect, but it doesn't seem to hard.

Yu's DP also leaves him crouching, but oddly, 5B > 5C > 2C seems to connect better when he's crouching.

Edit: :((((

CH 5B>5C was causing all kinds of weird stuff to happen depending on spacing.

It could be practice, but I found CH 5B>2C to be more stable.

It depends on spacing and whether the opponent is crouching. At some ranges, I believe you have to use 5B > 5C. Can't recall for sure, though.

smart people would just wait for the j.c or j214x to burst in that case though (i would anyway lol)

not to mention some dp's recover fast enough to block 2b

smart people would just wait for the j.c or j214x to burst in that case though (i would anyway lol)

not to mention some dp's recover fast enough to block 2b

Oh hey, guess we played each other a bit. GT is Gwyrgyn.

I recall our matches were pretty good but I don't remember who won/lost what. I really don't know the vs Labrys matchup at all though, something I really need to work on. :/

yea we played, though you used to have a diff name here on DL. why you change it? lol

in our games you won, but it was mostly 2-1 rounds. im bad at lab mirror, but working on it. i go to the air too much, so our matches i was working on staying grounded more and getting reasonable AA's.

needs to be more labrys online when i play lol - yours is solid though imo

nothing consistant, you can add me on xbl, or i sent you a skype contact

whatever works for you.

tends to be early evening or late night though.

Unconfirmed data off the jpwiki, but I'm too lazy to double check the numbers. Most of it seems alright when compared to numbers we've come up with ourselves.

Normals, etc:

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: left]

Move

Startup

Frame Adv.

5A

5AA

5AAA

2A

5B

5B(charge)

35f?

+8

5B(unblock)

120f?

-

2B

2B(charge)

42f?

5C

2C

5D

+9

5DD

-

-

j.A

?

j.B

?

j.BB

?

j.C

?

j.D

?

?

Sweep

All-Out Attack

Ground Throw

-

shorter active window than other characters: 3 active frames, 19 frames on whiff

Air throw

-

Guard Cancel

?

?

One More Burst

+10

[/table]

Specials:

Move

[/td]

Startup

Frame Adv.

R-Action (Type-5 Slash Axe)

can be extended by 30 frames

Guillotine Axe

A

11, 25

Guillotine Axe

B

19, 31

Guillotine Axe

SB

17, ?

Guillotine Aerial

A

11, ?, ?

-11 (lv1), -5 (lv2)

Guillotine Aerial

B

17, ?, ?

-8 (lv1), -1 (lv2)

Guillotine Aerial

SB

?, ?, ?

-3 (lv1), +4 (lv2)

Chain Knuckle

A

Chain Knuckle

B

Chain Knuckle

SB

?

Knuckle Followup

A

+1

Knuckle Followup

B

Knuckle Followup

SB

Weaver's Art: Tsurugi

?

?

can be held for around 38 frames

[/table]

Supers:

Move

[td]Startup

Frame Adv.

Weaver's Art: Moujuu (Beast)

C

?

Weaver's Art: Moujuu (Beast)

D

?

Weaver's Art: Sharinkei (Breaking Wheel)

C/D

+18

Brutal Impact

A

?

?

Brutal Impact

B

?

?

[/table]

120 frame startup on unblockable.

I suspected it was something like that. That just annoys me. Where are my 30 frame melty unblockables?

I've never actually done SB followup on block, seems odd that it would be that negative, though.

There are practical setups for the unblockable 5B though.

However, they are a bit gimmicky as they rely on a lack of knowledge, experience, or panic to land.

Isn't that normal? I'm typically lucky if my characters in air dashers get one move that is plus on block. Have I been playing the wrong characters this entire time?

Not that unusual, as far as I know. Some of her negative moves are jump cancel-able, as well.

Always thought Chain A follow up is negative on block, that move would be a nice setup to counter grabs mash out.

Since Labry's fastest normal is 7 frames, if you try to do a normal after the A followup and the opponent goes for a throw (most characters have 5 frame throws), you'll typically lose.

Not sure if that was what you meant, though.

Isn't that normal? I'm typically lucky if my characters in air dashers get one move that is plus on block. Have I been playing the wrong characters this entire time?

Especially a game like this where you only have precious few moves in total.

Also, I suspect that 2C>22A might be plus on block. But I haven't tested it yet.

Since Labry's fastest normal is 7 frames, if you try to do a normal after the A followup and the opponent goes for a throw (most characters have 5 frame throws), you'll typically lose.

Not sure if that was what you meant, though.

Err i mean to counter grab those character who like to break pressure with pokes(Eg :Akihiko?).

Oh, yeah, that's a good point to throw people if you think they'll try to mash out without spamming DP. Sorry about the misunderstanding, lol.

@FlyingVe: It's definitely unsafe. Cancelling 2C into any other persona move instantly ends the 2C, so the opponent basically recovers as soon as you start the next move.

janky reset setup (since i know we love those)

green axe, crouching (not sure if this is needed)

5aa 214ab 22a 2a 2b (sword hits) 9 airturn j.bb ->

->2b if they tech like shit

->air throw works

->whatever else