Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Yeah I figured as much. Atleast you can start to 5A[5B]ing if they respect the 5AA > X! :V

if any of you guys play on xbl, i might be on later tonight and it could be some fun times to labby mirror.

ill be hosting a room when im on. i would estimate like.... 6pm est? maybe?

someone swing by. im rusty and therefore free wins. everyone likes free stuff.

5A/2A > 2B is a frametrap you can use. BOB was using it a lot iirc

Also any nonsense into 236A/B can be used as a ghetto frametrap

5AA > 236A

5A > 5B > 236A

5A > 2B > 236A

Need to watch that Bob guy. But the couple of matches I saw I dont rememner liking him too much. Purepure is still my favorite Labrys

I didn't see Purepure on stream at all. Koma was on stream getting a round off of Souji but losing and they showed Sakuma beating an S.Lab and of course him in top 8. Thankfully they're going to upload all of the tournament matches so we just gotta wait.

Did anyone watch the 3 labrys players in Arc Revo? I only watched Sakuma play against Yu sama on final 8.

I saw 1 or 2 matches of them playing before Top 8. Don't think it was the whole match though, maybe just the very end of them. I'll try and find what time they appeared in Kurushii's archive. ASW recorded all the matches so you'll be able to see all of them sooner or later.

Ah, here we are. @0:19:14 you can catch the very end of one match and @0:25:00, you can catch the very beginning of another Labrys' match and the very end at @0:28:00. Can't remember if there was more footage of Labrys players before top 8

Thanks I checked out some of those matches though it's hard to follow with the skipping around. I guess I'll wait for matches to be uploaded. I'm also looking forward to that Sakuma vs Nerina FT10 that will happen soon hopefully. I wonder when a Labrys will win a major tourney? lol

ArcRevo stream has also been uploaded to Niconico. I can post the link a little later if its needed.

I hope she does well in a major tourney myself in America one day :(

btw Tectal, what is the timing on that this part of the combo in your optimal combo section? 2C> 5D>5D~[5B]

The dummy seems to tech out too fast after the first 5D.

btw Tectal, what is the timing on that this part of the combo in your optimal combo section? 2C> 5D>5D~[5B]

The dummy seems to tech out too fast after the first 5D.

You have to delay the 2nd 5D in order for it to connect. Here's a poor quality visual example.

I have a better quality example on the Netplay tourney.

I can go post it in a sec along with the other things I have to post.

I need to write notes on some of the combos too. I will try and finish the combo thread this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9rpkBcOsM

Edit:

This is the better quality example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afFMzwO19fc&t=0m47s

When you do 2C> 5D>5D~[5B], 2C has to land only 2 hits instead of 3.

Immediately do the 1st 5D after the 2C so you get only two hits from 2C,

then delay the 2nd 5D in order to prevent your opponent from teching out of the combo in the air.

Begin charging up the 5B after the 2nd 5D hits.

All the Arrows should almost hit except one.

Let go of the charged up 5B and then finish with whatever combo you want.

It takes some practice to get used to.

Thanks a lot. I finally managed to do this combo: 5AA>5AA> 2C> 5D>5D~[5B]>[2B]>jc>j.BB>jc>j.B>j.C>j.214B

I was looking for a non fatal 5A red ax corner starter that would at least do same or more damage than the mid screen 5A one. I think I found the timing for the 2nd 5D by confirming on the first 5D. I didn't even realize that the extra hit from 2C can mess up the combo. Still need more practice to get used to it like you said though.

Just a heads up. I was finally able to get most of the combos finished.

Setsuna has edited them into the optimal combo thread nicely.

Also thank you Tari/Iora and the others who contributed to the old combo thread.

I was able to use some of the resources from their to get the optimal combo thread done faster.

Thanks Tec. Theres a DP loop combo I saw someone on a stream do (forgot which player) and i was surprised it worked. Here it is:

5AA > 5AA > 2C > [b+D] > 66 > 5A > 2C > [b+D] > (66)2A > 2B > 214A > (66)5A > 2B > sj j.B > j.214A

If you dashed for the 2A part you wont need to dash for the 5A link after the 214A. If you didnt, you may need to dash. But not always.

5AA > 5AA > 2C > [b+D] > 66 > 5A > 2C > [b+D] > (66)2A > 2B > 214A > (66)5A > 2B > sj j.B > j.214A

If you dashed for the 2A part you wont need to dash for the 5A link after the 214A. If you didnt, you may need to dash. But not always.

This really works? I guess I'll try it 2morrow.

I've been trying to find a good brutal impact combo but all I came up with yesterday was:

5AA > 5AA > 2C > [b+D] > (66)2A > 2B > 214A+B > [Tsurugi B] > 2A > 2B > 214214A > Release Tsurugi B

The damage was 5.4k. I wasnt all that happy.

I tried a FC 2B starter but all I got was 6.5k.

I guess brutal impact is used more for unblockables then.

Both combos were red axe starters too.

Surf's combo has to be done off of a FC starter. The mid-combo Guillotine is something that only works off of FC. The JP term for it is "Girokasu", if I recall correctly.

As for brutal impact, it's pretty much useless for unblockable setups. The only time you'll get anyone with it as an unblockable is if they have no idea what it does or they think they can block it (courtesy of playing against S.Lab or something). It's pretty much as bad as a fully charged 5B unblockable.

The primary use of BI in a combo is for a high-damage round ender that doesn't expend your axe meter. It doesn't see much use outside of that particular situation, unless people are trolling (mind you, the occasional full-screen BI-B is always funny if it lands).

Surf's combo has to be done off of a FC starter. The mid-combo Guillotine is something that only works off of FC. The JP term for it is "Girokasu", if I recall correctly.

Its not. I was doing it off a normal 5A hit. You get the FC from the [b+D] anyway. If that's what you meant. I wouldnt say the combos great. Im just surprised the route works. You can Moujuu afterwards and its only about 150 for DMG than the DP loop Tec has in the combo thread. And it's 6 more meter

As for brutal impact, it's pretty much useless for unblockable setups. The only time you'll get anyone with it as an unblockable is if they have no idea what it does or they think they can block it (courtesy of playing against S.Lab or something). It's pretty much as bad as a fully charged 5B unblockable.

Its not that useless. A couple months ago i was trying out multiple brutal impact setups and tested it on all character to see if they could escape it. If timed right, the player wouldnt be able to up back it or roll out of it. Dps work but mashing it usually had me get hit anyway. Same with trying to mash super. In most cases they have to be timed right, during the very small frame gap you create. Trying to time it on brutal impacts super flash doesnt really work either. So its actually not that easy to avoid it. And some people dont even know it can be used as a reset.

No, it's completely useless. You don't mash DP out of the BI, you just wait for superflash and do it. It will only beat people who are dumb and trying to hit buttons or as a reset. Which again is the worst reset in the game considering if you are in a combo and your opponent knows that BI is free to DPs, would just mash DP on superflash. I mean... quack :psyduck:

But i just said doing it on the superflash is inconsistent. How many frames they have to dp depends on how tight you made the gap between the tsurugi hit and the brutal impact

Its not. I was doing it off a normal 5A hit. You get the FC from the [b+D] anyway. If that's what you meant. I wouldnt say the combos great. Im just surprised the route works. You can Moujuu afterwards and its only about 150 for DMG than the DP loop Tec has in the combo thread. And it's 6 more meter

Yeah, the FC from the [b+D] is what lets you do the girokasu combo. There are a few places where it's actually optimal to use girokasu, but they're usually corner combos that involve multiple reps of 2C. I don't recall a midscreen combo where it's actually optimal. It just looks hype as all heck, and doesn't drain your health the way that [b+D] loops do.

As for Brutal Impact, I still stand by it being pretty useless, but if you've got a decent setup for it, by all means, use it. I'm not sure I understand how it's possible for someone to mash DP and get counterhit, and yet not be able to roll out. Getting counterhit on a DP mash requires that there be a fairly sizeable gap during which players should be able to roll.

Imo its just never used because of the very situational conditions that need to be present for you to even pull off a brutal impact combo. If it wasnt say, one of her awakening supers, it wouldnt be as bad

Imo its just never used because of the very situational conditions that need to be present for you to even pull off a brutal impact combo. If it wasnt say, one of her awakening supers, it wouldnt be as bad

100% agreed with you on that. If it were a normal super, you'd see people combo-ing into it as a pretty common occurrence, I think. It wouldn't be as hype as it is now, though, when you see someone actually do a BI combo. :P

I have see a decent amount of Labryss video, and have never seen BI combos being done outside of Combo vids... and i actually have never meet the requirement in all my match to actually do the BI combos... @tari : do u mind to show me those hype moments? :v:

I have see a decent amount of Labryss video, and have never seen BI combos being done outside of Combo vids... and i actually though. e never meet the requirement in all my match to actually do the BI combos... @tari : do u mind to show me those hype moments? :v:

Sorry, using my phone to post, so I can't really check and link the videos. I'm pretty sure there was at least one BI combo in the arcrevo qualifiers, though.

I wonder when the rest of matches from Arcrevo will show up.

I wanna see Sakuma Labrys vs Yume Aigis since he won that match to make it in top 8.

Labrys awakening mode is meh.

At least her 214214C/D is rewarding with 100 meter even better with a burst.

Its still gives us 2k without meter.

I got a green to red axe combo for 5.8k from 214214C/D but I need 100 meter and a burst though.

It still does a solid 4k without the burst but I'm greedy for damage at this point.

I'm gonna add a few combos into the combo thread later today or 2morrow.