Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

lol dat end of the video. I wonder why that's the only stable way C super combos from j.214A~B anyways? Similar situation happens with j.214A groundbouncing mid-tall height characters standing from any height.

lol dat end of the video. I wonder why that's the only stable way C super combos from j.214A~B anyways? Similar situation happens with j.214A groundbouncing mid-tall height characters standing from any height.

While I've never bothered to check the exact reason why it works, I suspect it's because of when you can cancel into the super when compared against when the opponent actually hits the ground.

Since the C super is slower to start up, starting the j.214A/B with them higher in the air relative to you means that you can cancel into the super slightly earlier (relative the opponent hitting the floor) than you would be able to if the opponent were even with you when you started the j.214A/B.

If the frame data had been available back when I was figuring that stuff out, I might've actually bothered to look into it more carefully. Not really concerned with it at this point, though, since it has never failed to work for me, lol.

Ending combos with the C version of the super was something I tried to do.

I always kept dropping it alot though.

I've gotten a little better at doing some of her combos so it should be easier

Its kind of late in the game's lifespan but I was able to get help having HD footage of some combos.

Labrys Optimal Combo: CH 5B Green to Red Axe (Chie Specific)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azgDR3ItME

I'll post the vids in the combo thread later today.

I also realized I can could have written 2C(2) for 2 hits.

This would have made executing some of the corner combos easier so sorry about that.

I'll make some edits on it today and edit this post when I'm done.

Thanks Setsuna/Crushing Eagle/Tari for making the vids.

I added the Corner oki video in the oki thread for new players btw

It was an improper link I swear. I posted the original mis-link as a comment on fb and I accidentally switched them up when I made my post.

not bad

the song made me want to die, get revived, just so i could kill myself again.

most the combos werent anything eye opening, and the air throw resets seem easy to see coming. i try a lot of that kinda reset and it gets avoided/teched a lot.

the air throw reset after tsurugi AoA was interesting, but you wasted potential damage i think doing it..... not sure

not bad

the song made me want to die, get revived, just so i could kill myself again.

the air throw reset after tsurugi AoA was interesting, but you wasted potential damage i think doing it..... not sure

most the combos werent anything eye opening, and the air throw resets seem easy to see coming. i try a lot of that kinda reset and it gets avoided/teched a lot.]

Appreciate the input! And yeah, the air throw reset after the AoA does reduce the damage a bit but if you land it in the corner you can get more overall damage.

Mainly wanted to show some tech stuff, like the safe-jump setup on Narukami (why I had him mash 2B on wakeup), along with some other stuff like punishing Teddie Circus with a kill combo, and how her guard cancel can fatal in red axe.

Also wanted to flaunt the EXACTLY 7000 DAMAGE combo cause I thought that was neat.

P4U2 releases tomorrow/tonight our time. Should we try to summon Setsuna to make the P4U2 Gameplay, Combo and video threads or does anyone want to volunteer to do them? I'm interested in doing a post or thread for gathering all the final changes since that stuff tends to get lost in the months we wait for console release.

On the off chance that people haven't seen the animated clip yet...

aXbxMF4.png

Labrys~!

If Setsuna hasn't made the threads by the time the footage starts popping, I think it's fair to make them yourselves. Pretty sure he's around, though.

Now, that's a great screen cap. I'll have to add it to the collection.

Also, think I saw the new C Bubble on stream. Need to see it again to be sure. It's pretty small and sort of transparent so I almost missed it at first. It was about the size of a basketball and traveled slowly across the screen in a straight line above the character's heads.

EDIT: Okay, that was definitely the C bubble. Saw it again on stream. I think I saw the Labrys player trying to do the D version too but it takes so long to charge up that the Naoto player just kept shooting her in the face with ease ;.;

On the off chance that people haven't seen the animated clip yet...

aXbxMF4.png

Labrys~!

If Setsuna hasn't made the threads by the time the footage starts popping, I think it's fair to make them yourselves. Pretty sure he's around, though.

I'm waiting for the OK from Kurushii before I start throwing the current threads in the archives and making the new ones, don't worry I still pay attention to the sub forum of Kirinos voice <3

Just watched the same stream as RurouniLoneWolf, so I'll post some observations.

-New autocombo looks cool, but the second hit may or may not make it harder to confirm on airborne opponents.

-Axe level starts out at blue, but still carries over between rounds; don't know whether or not it gravitates towards blue now.

-C Houjuu comes out relatively quick, probably on a set trajectory, but couldn't tell for sure; D Houjuu takes a while, looks big at first, but is about as big as the C version when it's actually active, travels in a straight line at the same height as characters' heads or just over.

-The player kept sticking to Tsurugi oki, but whether or not it's effective will probably take time to discern.

I'll post my observations also.

- SB gears covered around half the screen.

- The new autocombo bnb is good. It has alot of corner carry that the yellow/red chain knuckle combos had midscreen in the last version. The best about it is you don't need higher axe lvls for corner carry into knockdown now.

- red axe still FC on ch like the last version also.

- CH chain knuckle causes FC like in the loketest.

- Alot of things seemed the same as the loketest.

@Setsuna, Good to hear

@Redsilversnake, Really? So the D version is the same size as the C version. That's disappointing, considering how much longer it takes to charge up. Maybe there's some secret to making the big version come out since I remember people saying it was medium sized in the loketests. Either way though, can't see it being used for neutral with it's long charge time. Combo fodder maybe? C version might be good for controlling some air space though but it's so small that you can easily double or super jump over it. It'll probably only be good for catching people trying to air dash in, maybe combo fodder too? It's all up to the SB version to dazzle me now but all in all, I can see why no one was talking about this move during loketests.

@Tectal's post, Agreed, the new autocombo is a nice buff, mostly because of the new 5AAA. Not only does it give good corner carry but unlike the old one, it closes the gap between you and the opponent so that you're closer to them when the combo finishes. SB Gears only covering half the screen is not what I imagined but I'm sure there might be some use for it.

Hope we get to see the new way Brutal Impact works sometime this week.

Going to be out of town until sometime next week, so I won't be able to help with the info/footage round up. :(

I'll be asking you guys to fill me in when I get back. :P