Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Discuss all about the new robotic girl to the Persona universe. She is known as Yasogami's Steel Council President, she wields a large axe and hits hard.

Rules:

• Act mature. Casual talk is welcome but no immature posts. Follow forum rules.
  • Respect other players. If someone labels something wrong don't be rude and insult. Nicely state the correction needed.

Patch Notes

• Icon: Icon position has been adjusted
    • Axe Level: Axe Level does not increase at the end of a round
    • Goshiki Slash Axe [b+D]: Can now be charged by holding B+D before the attack; at maximum charge, the move forces counter-hit , causes a wall bound
    • Guillotine Axe [214A or B]: Counter hit state during recovery has been removed
    • String Arts "Tsurugi" [22A or B or C or D] (B, C, D version): Labrys’s total recovery is now the same as the A version
    • String Arts "Moujuu" [214214C or D]: Attack start-up is faster

She's so pretty.

Also, I played her at EVO - she's pretty braindead simple fun. I like not having to work to get hits and doing 50% off of a simple BnB into super.

She's pretty braindead simple to get big damage until the other person learns how to play, more or less. Likewise she has a ton of advanced combos and setups to learn, and she has to work her ass off to get any good damage at all on good players. She's almost grappler like in her ability to seem really scrubby but still be low tier.

I guess you guys just transferred the data from MM for the new threads here? For the "Normal Gatling" table, you really need to edit the column width for the AoA and Sweep so that the Normal column is not broken up over multiple lines. For columns that simply have a Yes/No answer, they don't need to be nearly that long.

It's also kind of inconsistent that you have the normals listed in icons in the Normal column, but then just use text in the columns to the right. Might be due to the smiley limit of the forums though?

I translated the names of the String arts moves for the Wiki. I guess we'll get official English names once they pop up on the website or in those videos, but here's more or less what they are:

String Arts "Tsurugi": Sword, Or maybe Stinger makes more sense.

String Arts "Moujuu": Wild Animal (Or Wild Beast or whatever)

String Arts "Sharinkei": Wheel of Punishment

(ストリングアーツ”異端審問”): String Arts "The Inquisition"

I wouldn't say she's really scrubby...just basic. At high levels, she definitely has a harder time getting in and does play more like a grappler. She has a couple oki setups with Myriad Arrows and String Arts, but overall she just has to play solid and punish the other person's mistakes.

I guess you guys just transferred the data from MM for the new threads here? For the "Normal Gatling" table, you really need to edit the column width for the AoA and Sweep so that the Normal column is not broken up over multiple lines. For columns that simply have a Yes/No answer, they don't need to be nearly that long.

It's also kind of inconsistent that you have the normals listed in icons in the Normal column, but then just use text in the columns to the right. Might be due to the smiley limit of the forums though?

I translated the names of the String arts moves for the Wiki. I guess we'll get official English names once they pop up on the website or in those videos, but here's more or less what they are:

String Arts "Tsurugi": Sword, Or maybe Stinger makes more sense.

String Arts "Moujuu": Wild Animal (Or Wild Beast or whatever)

String Arts "Sharinkei": Wheel of Punishment

(ストリングアーツ”異端審問”): String Arts "The Inquisition"

The size of the columns are determined by the length of the text in the first row, I just followed whatever template I was given at MM but since you mentioned it I decided to just take away the "Follow up" in the text and leave it as "AoA/Sweep" to reduce the size of the column. Theres no smiley limit to my knowledge, I have the normals listed out as the icons on the left most column to make easier for the eye to look at and read the tables. I personally think it looks better this way but if the majority think otherwise I can change it, heres what it would look like:

5A.) Normal Gatlings
[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: center]

Normal

A

B

C

D

AoA

Sweep

Cancels

5A

5AA

5B, 2B

5C, 2C

5D

Yes

Yes

Jump, Special

5AA

5AAA

-

5C, 2C

5D

-

-

Special

5AAA

-

-

-

-

Yes

-

Special

5B

-

-

5C, 2C

5D

Yes

Yes

Special

2A

2A*

5B, 2B

5C, 2C

5D

Yes

Yes

Special

2B

-

-

5C, 2C

5D

Yes

-

Jump, Special

Sweep

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

j.A

-

j.B

j.C

j.D

-

-

Jump, Special

j.B

-

j.BB

j.C

j.D

-

-

Jump, Special

j.BB

-

-

j.C

j.D

-

-

Jump, Special

[/table]

* = You can only cancel into this move once in a combo

I didn't like the way the names sounded translated in english so I just left them in Japanese and as you said we'll be getting the english names soon anyway. I'll add the name for the Mortal Blow though, I wasn't sure if I should put it when I google translated it from the wiki.

You can manually define the width of a column in vbulletin pretty similar to html:

[td="width: 150"]

But yes it looks fine the way you did it above too.

The higher the level of the axe the more damage she does, once you reach her red axe level she is given the following special properties added to her extra damage:

Added Hitstun

All Counter Hits become Fatal Counters

This is actually not true, only certain moves turn into FC when in Red mode. Unfortunately, I don't have a list of which do and which don't. :/

* = You can only cancel into this move once in a combo

Listed for 2A, not sure what this is supposed to mean. You can certainly gattling 2A into itself more than once. See the obvious B&B combo:

(A) 2AAA 2A+B 214A

You can manually define the width of a column in vbulletin pretty similar to html:

[td="width: 150"]

But yes it looks fine the way you did it above too.

This is actually not true, only certain moves turn into FC when in Red mode. Unfortunately, I don't have a list of which do and which don't. :/

Listed for 2A, not sure what this is supposed to mean. You can certainly gattling 2A into itself more than once. See the obvious B&B combo:

(A) 2AAA 2A+B 214A

For the particular column ? I haven't a chance to play around with table BBcode specifically and this is actually my first time using it as well.

I'm pretty sure just about all moves (excluding Persona normals/skills maybe?) would be Fatal on CH under Red Axe, we can test it out when it comes out on consoles among other things.

As for that when I was looking at the gatling table scan from the lolmook there was this weird japanese character for 2A > 2A, I asked Kurushii about it and he told me "means only can cancel once in a combo" so thats what I put.

Thank you for the clarification, I made the change to the Data Thread. Sorry about that error.

Completely random note but we just stumbled on this. The Mook for the game says Labrys has 8500 health, which is WRONG. She has 9500 health. What a great mook.

Lets hope theres nothing wrong in the gatling table either from the mook lol

I love a-cho

a-cho gave us nothing but Labrys matches for the first 20 minutes of their latest video, I love them too lol

a-cho gave us nothing but Labrys matches for the first 20 minutes of their latest video, I love them too lol

I need to watch these now

I need to watch these now

They're all in the video thread as well as other matches from videos Jourdal and Pkt uploaded, so much footage for me to take in in one day :p

They're all in the video thread as well as other matches from videos Jourdal and Pkt uploaded, so much footage for me to take in in one day :p

I figured that's where they were, and curse Evo for letting me get my hands of the game a month early, I hate this wait before I can hit training mode

So I've not really been keeping up with P4U all that much, but the Labrys in the recent a-cho videos was damn fun to watch. Do we know if Labrys' 22X move is air-unblockable? I saw that some players just sat there after she had put it out, so I assume the Labrys was waiting for a jump/roll or something.

Its not air unblockable from what other footage tells me, they were caught pushing a button or even accidentally teching into it in most cases.

Heh, it's not air imblocable, but if you block it in the air... Labrys may be able to dash in and go for a 2B in your face before you land :D

Hello Labrys army! I've been following the game since day 1 and was going to main Mitsuru, but Labrys grab my attention and I haven't look at anyone one else since that day, well... kinda xD. I plan to focus most of my lab time on Labrys, and Naoto or Mitsuru will end up being my second (probably end up being Naoto). My first reaction to Labrys was... gah dayum, she does hella damage! Lol, all she needs is one hit confirm. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning the game with you guys/girls and leveling up at tournaments.

P.S. I've played the Persona games(part 3 & 4) so kudos to me xD.

Hello Labrys army! I've been following the game since day 1 and was going to main Mitsuru, but Labrys grab my attention and I haven't look at anyone one else since that day, well... kinda xD. I plan to focus most of my lab time on Labrys, and Naoto or Mitsuru will end up being my second (probably end up being Naoto). My first reaction to Labrys was... gah dayum, she does hella damage! Lol, all she needs is one hit confirm. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning the game with you guys/girls and leveling up at tournaments.

P.S. I've played the Persona games(part 3 & 4) so kudos to me xD.

It says you're a Florida player, I hope you plan on keeping in contact with most of our Fl regulars in the Florida Thread or in our FL ASW Facebook group. We would love to have more people at events.