Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

How many frames is her throw startup? Actually, how fast are 5a and 2a?

Throw is 5f, 5a/2a are 7f.

Iirc, all the linked videos at the end if the beginner /tutorial vid are the other Labrys combo vids. Pretty sure all of those have been linked at some point. I don't know for sure about the fc ones, though. I tend to watch this stuff on nico, so I lose track, sorry. :(

Although some of the combos are repeats from previous vids, I haven't seen any of these videos before since I've only watched the stuff in the first few posts of the video thread. The Sakura combo vid is longer this time. The fifth video is really good in getting kill combos in practical situations. The 2nd and 3rd are also pretty good if you want to maximize punishes. Hopefully there's some new stuff.

The third from last and last vids are new to me, as well. Pretty cool stuff in there.

I know Jourdal got the first two vids and I got this one

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18612662 - 2c loop corner combos after various punishes (red axe combos, green -> red axe combos); also some random ToD combos from Chie, Mitsuru, and a ToD combo on Kanji for Labrys at the end

earlier this week. Guess I forgot to post it on DL, my bad :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kut24r-ppag

@Tari: The third to last and last are new to you? Give me 10 minutes~

@Tari: The third to last and last are new to you? Give me 10 minutes~

Yup. Guess I haven't been checking for new Laby vids as much as I was before, heh.

Oh no, I didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to make sure that those two weren't already uploaded and posted here somewhere but I could have worded that better haha. My bad dude :D

Oh no, I didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to make sure that those two weren't already uploaded and posted here somewhere but I could have worded that better haha. My bad dude :D

No, no, I understood, haha. I just hadn't realized I wasn't keeping up with the new Labrys videos until now. xD

Tari, kro_, pktazn

All of you are godlike.

Thanks ^^

I got tech to learn. Just need to figure out when is the thing lol

Just went and tested the red axe 5B loop combos (from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57ujxkTHaA).

Those things require very specific starters. It's pretty insane. I can't really figure out what makes them work with those exact starters. For example...

1) 5AA > 2A > 2B > hj.BB > j.C > j.214B > OMB > charge 5B > charge 5B > 5B > 2A+B > 214214C

2) 5A > OMB > charge 5B > charge 5B > 5B > 2A+B > 214214C

The first one will combo, the second one will not.

I though it might be taking advantage of something like the smp combos, but honestly, I just have no idea.

does OMB on air hit have diff properties than on ground hit?

other than that, i think you might be getting a little extra untechable time from the j.214b, or is the j.214b hitting in a way that is giving you ground bounce?

try combo 2 with a 5aa starter (to test on air hit), or test combo 2 with j.214b/j.214b for ground bounce starters

let us know :D

I've tried it with air hits, with and without j.BB, with and without j.C, and a bunch of other stuff. I just can't figure it out.

I think it requires that you have at least 11 or 12 hits prior to the OMB, which is why I thought it might be taking advantage of smp stuff (especially since the combos spam 5B repeatedly), but it's honestly hard to tell, and I don't know enough about how the smp loops work, either.

My rough guess without looking at it more (I'll get there eventually).

Is that it has to do with P2 proration value and Labrys character proration rate.

It still seems like the burst after 5A should be better, but if I had to guess where the issue was, it would be there. I'll look at it more later.

My rough guess without looking at it more (I'll get there eventually).

Is that it has to do with P2 proration value and Labrys character proration rate.

It still seems like the burst after 5A should be better, but if I had to guess where the issue was, it would be there. I'll look at it more later.

I thought it was P2 at first, as well, but starting off of 5A burst or Guillotine (2nd hit only) burst and the likes should be better than doing a long string prior to bursting. I'm fairly sure, though I've never tested for it, that none of Labrys' moves have positive proration, either, so it just seems odd.

I'm assuming OMB reverse proration is just a flat number on its P2, but I've yet to test it for sure. What I do know is that its P1 isn't that great, though, haha.

( 5AA > OMB ) or ( 2AA > OMB ) > charge 5B > charge 5B > 5B > 2A+B > 214214C does not combo.

Actually, I have suspected from my labbing that the proration system in this game isn't a straight copy from BB.

Not really sure what is off though.

Could be in my head.

On the proration notes, labby's proration is so ass... :(

Actually, I have suspected from my labbing that the proration system in this game isn't a straight copy from BB.

Not really sure what is off though.

Could be in my head.

On the proration notes, labby's proration is so ass... :(

The current guess, iirc, is that almost every move in this game has repeat proration, so proration numbers are all sorts of messed up. But yeah, no real solid info on how the system works in this game.

In any case, it definitely seems to just be something wonky with the number of hits before you start doing the 5B loop, I think. It works off of 5AA > 2A > 2B > 2C > hj.B > j.C > j.214B > OMB > etc. That's 15 hits before the first 5B. In the original version (5AA > 2A > 2B > hj.BB > j.C > j.214B > OMB), there are 13 hits prior to the first 5B. If you omit the 2C in my version, it stops working.

The version I came up with has more hits prior to the OMB and still actually does more damage (coming out at 8091, compared to 8018). It does slightly more damage before the OMB, and slightly more damage afterwards, too. Very odd stuff.

Yeah, I remember reading that theory, but it doesn't seem to quite pan out.

Example, try playing with swapping 5A and 2A around in some of labby's combos. They both are 7f, and hit low enough to OTG. It's tough to describe, it just doesn't quite make sense...

We need a mook or something...

If you replace late 2A in long combos with another 5A, combo damage goes down and in some cases the combo stops working. That would imply that 5A either has repeat prorate or a worse P2 than 2A.

The latter, of course, can't be true, as 5A > 5B has 5B do 604 damage, whereas 2A > 5B has 5B do only 547 damage. This game's proration is a mess to deal with. :(

And BB's math was already a bitch to figure out...

We also have different axe levels to take into consideration too.. :(

Yeah, I remember reading that theory, but it doesn't seem to quite pan out.

Example, try playing with swapping 5A and 2A around in some of labby's combos. They both are 7f, and hit low enough to OTG. It's tough to describe, it just doesn't quite make sense...

We need a mook or something...

Yes please. Yes x forever.

Green axe, meterless Dp punish. What is the best option?

I've been doing:

5B>2C>5[b+D]>Dash5A>2B>jB>jC>j214B [3404 dmg, 28SP]

Probably should have a version that allows for oki.