Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

So, while poking around Labrys' challenges some, I came across a rather interesting thing to me, which I took into the lab to test with. Apparently SB Guillotine Axe can be canceled on first hit with out using up extra meter into almost any other special or super with enough practice, save for AoA, Sweep, and IK. I could be wrong on that though.

It can work with any axe level, but only Red Axe can really allow the most moves generally speaking, and some, while you can cancel into them like this, just won't work because of their delays. Plus, canceling moves at that point seems like you'll end up doing less damage. The only real use I can see in this is to try and catch your foe dropping their guard after the first hit, though you'd have to delay it a bit to get by block stun.

Anyways, I'm not really sure what the full use of something like this could be, kind of why I'm posting it out here and seeing if anyone could assist with stuff.

Nice notes. I'm surprised Yu and Yosuke dps lose to that, though, especially Yosuke's.

So, while poking around Labrys' challenges some, I came across a rather interesting thing to me, which I took into the lab to test with. Apparently SB Guillotine Axe can be canceled on first hit with out using up extra meter into almost any other special or super with enough practice, save for AoA, Sweep, and IK. I could be wrong on that though.

It can work with any axe level, but only Red Axe can really allow the most moves generally speaking, and some, while you can cancel into them like this, just won't work because of their delays. Plus, canceling moves at that point seems like you'll end up doing less damage. The only real use I can see in this is to try and catch your foe dropping their guard after the first hit, though you'd have to delay it a bit to get by block stun.

Anyways, I'm not really sure what the full use of something like this could be, kind of why I'm posting it out here and seeing if anyone could assist with stuff.

SB Guillotine is special cancellable at any point on hit/block. It's not really useful to cancel before the second hit, like you said, but it's there for people to mess with. Might be able to confuse people with things like 1-hit SB Guillotine > Chain Knuckle > B-followup or something, but basically every option has its risks.

so I was playing against some less than stellar players recently and whenever I got a knockdown into 22x they didnt tech (i think because they didnt know how not because they were afraid of the mixup lol) and I just got a yellow combo when the spike came up that was prorated so bad from 2AAA sweep that it was instantly techable. is there any way to punish not teching other than holding the tsurugi? I'll learn it if necessary but my execution is bad enough as it is

If you hold the Tsurugi and they don't tech, you can start a new combo with 5A or 2B or something while they're still on the ground. Just have to wait a little bit.

so I was playing against some less than stellar players recently and whenever I got a knockdown into 22x they didnt tech (i think because they didnt know how not because they were afraid of the mixup lol) and I just got a yellow combo when the spike came up that was prorated so bad from 2AAA sweep that it was instantly techable. is there any way to punish not teching other than holding the tsurugi? I'll learn it if necessary but my execution is bad enough as it is

It depends on how close you are after the sweep I think. If you're close then you can just pick them up with 2A 5B, then the spike will hit them and you can go into whatever.

If they're further when you sweep (Like the distance after 5A -> 5B -> Sweep) then you can go into 2B (Tsurugi hits) then 2B again into air combo. These options work at green axe, not sure about lower but assuredly they work higher. I doubt they're optimized in anyway but they're at least starters.

Uh...

Just 2a>Guillotine or something to mix up for new oki.

You prolly shouldnt 2aaa sweep. Just do one or two 2as and then sweep afterwards, probably will let you combo afterwards if they don't tech, even.

was watching a combo video and I saw something interesting that I wanted to mess with.

AoA[max]~Launcher > j.BB > jc. > j.214B > [rest of combo]

The j.214B hit an airborne enemy and caused him to ground-bounce. How exactly does that work? I can't seem to replicate ground-bouncing an enemy who is already in the air.

edit: speaking j.214B antics I found an interest OMC you can to extend any air-combo that leads to jc > j.B and you can do some silly extra damage with it.

Level 4:

2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,367)

2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.214B[1 hit] > OMC > j.B > land > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,823)

not that spectacular and really tight inputs to get the combo in level 4. However this does lead to stuff like...

-j.BB > land > 66 > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.214[1 hit] > OMC > j.B > land > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B(Damage: 3,233) [50 SP]

Yeah you can do more damage for less SP but...it looks cool...

Link to combo video? I have been trying to get that consistently but I am not sure exactly why it only works some of the time for me. Maybe the combo video would show me why.

Been trying to pick up Labrys, just got the game. She's really weird - my main issue is that outside of Red it just seems like she gets no damage. My main issue is what to do off a hit 2A - just 2AA > Sweep? She's not that flexible in her cancels.

Link to combo video? I have been trying to get that consistently but I am not sure exactly why it only works some of the time for me. Maybe the combo video would show me why.

I didn't link it because I didn't remember where I found it but I remembered it's in the video thread lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5o0V8JMbM&feature=related 1:06

Been trying to pick up Labrys, just got the game. She's really weird - my main issue is that outside of Red it just seems like she gets no damage. My main issue is what to do off a hit 2A - just 2AA > Sweep? She's not that flexible in her cancels.

2A in red axe or outside of red axe?

That said she doesn't have a lot of damage off of 2A unless you OMC or OMB so it's usually just 2A > 5B > sweep > oki.

With rapid you can throw an extra 1.5-2K damage (depending on axe level) if you cancel the sweep.

[Green Axe]-2A > 5B > Sweep > OMC > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,189)

[Green Axe]-CH 2A > 2B > jc > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 1,657)

[Red Axe]-2A > 5B > Sweep > 214A > OMC > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,775)

You can do 2A > 2B with red axe iirc but I haven't explored that yet.

I didn't link it because I didn't remember where I found it but I remembered it's in the video thread lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5o0V8JMbM&feature=related 1:06

Yep. Just as I thought. Height related. You notice how you don't get the ground bounce on a grounded opponent with j214A/B unless you are a certain height above them before starting it? It looks like the same thing with an air opponent.

Not quite sure how often you could get that minimum height above the opponent in a combo though. It should be easy off of a CH jB though. Really wish I could test this right now.

Yep. Just as I thought. Height related. You notice how you don't get the ground bounce on a grounded opponent with j214A/B unless you are a certain height above them before starting it? It looks like the same thing with an air opponent.

Not quite sure how often you could get that minimum height above the opponent in a combo though. It should be easy off of a CH jB though. Really wish I could test this right now.

yeah I realized he j.BB at the height of his jump and I can pull it off now albeit inconsistently. I wanted to post this in the combo thread but realized how ridiculous this combo is but this all stemmed from my friend asking me "I wonder how many j.BB you can do in 1 combo?"

Sol-Badrys Bandit Revolver Loop:

[Red Axe] FC j.BB > land > IAD > j.BB > land > jump. > j.BB > jc. > j.214B[1-hit] > OMC > j.B > land > jump > j.BB > jc. > j.BB > OMB > land > jump > j.BB > jc. > j.BB (Damage: 4044)

The answer is 5 without bursting and 50% meter.

7 with bursting and 50% meter.

You can do 2A > 2B on counter-hit at any axe level, but you can't do it off a normal hit at all.

5A > 2B works in Red Axe though.

Haven't really tried, but the only way I can think of that you would be able to combo the IK is off some sort of super untechable wall bounce (probably won't work, though) or off of a very high OMB.

Like Shaf says, 22X can't combo into it, due to 22X using Ariadne.

The Mortal Blow section is only there because it was uniform with all the combo threads at the time. Deleting it now.

tutorial thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tue8oCXW8KQ

Finally had a chance to make that video I've been wanting to put together. Covers a couple of things:

- Air guillotine ground bounce (Air girokasu)

- Ground non-SB guillotine combo (girokasu)

- Comboing air guillotine into C or D Beast/Moujuu super

- j.B starter green-to-red axe combos and a useful fatal counter combo

tutorial thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tue8oCXW8KQ

Finally had a chance to make that video I've been wanting to put together. Covers a couple of things:

- Air guillotine ground bounce (Air girokasu)

- Ground non-SB guillotine combo (girokasu)

- Comboing air guillotine into C or D Beast/Moujuu super

- j.B starter green-to-red axe combos and a useful fatal counter combo

We should probably add this somewhere in the Wiki