Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Talk about the Unconquerable Snow Black here. Throw fans win~ Make sure to laugh while doing so, for best results.

Important Links

A.)

B.)

C.)

D.)

E.)

F.)

Story Profile

• Date of Birth: 12/8/1994
  • Zodiac: Sagittarius
  • Blood Type: O
  • Height: 164 cm (5'4'')
  • Arcana: Priestess
  • Full character history

Gameplay Profile (P4A)

• Health: 8500
  • Movement Options: 1 Double Jump/Airdash, Running Dash
  • Persona: Konohana Sakuya
  • Strengths:
    • Her zoning game.
    • Potential for unblockable setups due to fire break, 2D and her Awakening Super Maragidyne (214214C/D)

[*]Weaknesses:

[*]Very dependent on her Persona. If Persona broken you'll be forced to play more defensively until you get it back.

[*]Lower damage output from combos compared to others.

[*]Playstyle: Zoning and Momentum based.

Color_Palette.png

Can't wait to mash Kachosen and fire pillars with her. Also, what's the name of her theme so I can go download it right away?

From what I've seen of Yukiko in various match videos, she seems like a very unique character. She reminds me of Mai from KoF thanks to her having the ability to throw her fans, and her Persona techniques make her a really interesting character to play with.

Overall, I can't wait to see what interesting matchups we will see for her in the game.

Can't wait to mash Kachosen and fire pillars with her. Also, what's the name of her theme so I can go download it right away?

According to Mayonaka Midnight's youtube channel, her theme is called Princess Amagi (I'm not sure if its the official name, though).

I remember reading somewhere that it was a remix of "Person's Husband." Here's the P4A version though~

A couple people have extended it on YT as well. I think the official names might be out because the OST tracks have been listed (if memory serves me right) but I don't know if anyone has bothered to translate them.

So it's a P4A original track, huh? Crap, here I was gonna look for it in one of the existing OSTs...

Well I can't just rip it from YT because the sound quality will suck. Google search it is lol.

So it's a P4A original track, huh? Crap, here I was gonna look for it in one of the existing OSTs...

Well I can't just rip it from YT because the sound quality will suck. Google search it is lol.

i thought you weren't getting p4a

I wasn't going to get it if the Indy scene didn't either but about 5 people are getting it and I'm sure some more will hop on the bandwagon. Now if I get P4A then I probably won't get GG though and at this point I'm more inclined towards getting P4A even though I just love GGs characters. I'd get both but I still have BB and KoFXIII to worry about lol.

For anyone that looks through here, feel free to correct something or give suggestions for clarifying or making things neater~ I'll start up the combo thread soon if no one else wants to do it.

I was watching some Yukiko videos and I noticed that one of the air fans hits low, yup, it actually hits low. I'll try to find the exact video so that it doesn't seem like I'm talking out of my ass here lol. Also, <3 delayed Agi.

Edit: Found it - www.youtube.com/watch?v=utg2HsQDWYk#t=0m36s

I wonder why not that many people use Fire Break and Fire Boost. Fire Break looks like a good clutch in tandem with Maragidyne. With Fire Boost, I guess you'll either have to sacrifice a mix-up/rush-down opportunity after knockdown + delayed Agi or really look for an opening to use it. Erumo has the right idea and I'll look forward to seeing more from him.

Sweet thanks! Hmmmm... I wonder if it hits low depending on the version used or just j.B in general. Well, specifics like that will be easier to find out when the game hits haha. I'll add it to the description~

I was also wondering how the combo thread should be? For the Tsubaki combo thread we split it between charges and then mid-screen/corner but I know other sections did it differently.

Yup, we'll find out eventually how it works exactly.

The way I did the Platinum combo thread, I separated it into three sections being mid-screen, close to the corner, and in the corner. From there, I just added combos for every starter. I guess you could have a "meter-dependent combos" section as well, since there are quite a few combos that require EX Agi and her throw combos require either a OM (One-More) Burst or an OM Cancel.

I wonder why not that many people use Fire Break and Fire Boost. Fire Break looks like a good clutch in tandem with Maragidyne. With Fire Boost, I guess you'll either have to sacrifice a mix-up/rush-down opportunity after knockdown + delayed Agi or really look for an opening to use it. Erumo has the right idea and I'll look forward to seeing more from him.

I think I saw on Jourdal's Twitter that Stunedge said Fire Boost isn't worth it against certain characters, since it does indeed sacrifice mix-up/rushdown. You also won't really see any good increase to damage until a certain point.

There are a few combos where you can Boost in the middle of them, but I'm not sure if they're worth the loss in damage for that combo or not. Something that'll need playing with when we have training mode. I had a few ideas for combos using Fire Amp that might actually be good if you are full up on meter.

Unfortunately it looks like I lost a bunch of combos from the old thread that hadn't found their way into the wiki yet. I did my best to recover what I lost, and clean up and reorganize the whole thing in the mean time, so here's how it's laid out now:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yukiko_Amagi#Combos

Typically the way I like to do order them is by....

- Basic beginner combos first

- Sort by starting move category (normals, specials, AOA, throws, etc)

-- Sort by specific normal or special move if possible

-- Sort by situation if needed (mid/corner/etc)

-- Sort by difficulty or cost of combo lastly

I'd like to find some way to color coordinate these and alternate background colors of lines to make it more readable in the future, but I'll probably need some custom css to do that.

Example of color coding I'm thinking of:

(Anti-Air) 5AA x OMB, 236{C}~}C{, 66 236{A+B}, 236{C}~}A{~}C{, 66 5C 236{C}~}B{~}C{, 66 5BB 236A/B x 236236C [75SP, OMB]

Basically a different color for movement, normals, specials, supers, releases, etc. Anyone have an opinion on if that makes it more readable? Less? Too noisy?

I personally think that it's too "noisy". Besides, I'm pretty sure that most people can make out the difference between a normal, a special, and an OMC without the use of colors. I really only use colors in my combo threads to specify character specific combos or combos that require meter. That's just me though, lol.

As for using Fire Boost mid-combos, I really wouldn't mind giving up some damage and meter in order to do ridiculous damage later on in the match with a Fire Break UB setup.

I don't mind using colors but for me that's a bit much. I would probably use it the same way Moy does. I like the idea of having the basic BnBs shown first and then having it become more specific from there though.

For anyone that looks through here, feel free to correct something or give suggestions for clarifying or making things neater~ I'll start up the combo thread soon if no one else wants to do it.

Speaking of the combo thread, mind if I start it and keep track of it? I just love working on combos and modifying them as we learn new stuff.

Since you already made it.... :kitty:

But nah man it's all good. I'm not that good with combos so it's better if someone who loves that kind of thing keeps track of it :)

lol sorry, got ahead of myself. I promise to take good care of that section though.

Edit: lol, I didn't know that Maragi hit low. I wonder if it would be possible to do Maragi + IAD j.A UB.

If you recover fast enough from it, it might be possible. So many things will be easier to figure out once we have the game haha.

Also I updated the wiki to the format that shtkn wants it in for the moves list at least and didn't delete anything from it. I didn't touch the combos area.

Yup, just a couple more weeks left. I'm not messing with the wiki right now, not until I get the game and try her stuff out lol.

Received a tip from Atlus' Rob at Evo.

Yukiko has a 4B and 6B (and 4BB/6BB).

It determines the speed of the fans you throw.

You can have each one be a different speed iirc.

Just thought you guys should know! Didn't see it in the data thread.