Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Is it just me or do so many of Yukiko's matchups feel seriously tough...? Only truly been playing her a little bit but thats how I feel after playing some matches. (They were online though so there was a decent amount of lag in all those matches.)

A lot of characters have an answer to her zoning. Hell, even Kanji's slow self has his lightning to tag you if you're mashing projectiles without care. I play Yukiko like I play Jin... toss some fans to get a response and intercept their approach or use a C Maragi/4B as cover and rush behind it to mount some pressure. I can't just try and completely zone the opponent, that's not my style.

Yeah in a way you have to play Yukiko like a shoto character. Your movement while zoning with fans is very important. Pay close attention to how stunedge (ho-chan) does the IAD backdash fan zoning to play with reactions.

You can obliterate autopilot Kanji with simple zoning and stubbornness towards jumping and approaching. You can go a long way with just crouching and throwing fans.

Kanjis that actually adjust on the otherhand :arg:

You can obliterate autopilot Kanji with simple zoning and stubbornness towards jumping and approaching. You can go a long way with just crouching and throwing fans.

Kanjis that actually adjust on the otherhand :arg:

Well, I know that now. And yes, competent Kanjis are scary. ._.

Welcome to TeamYukiko cookie ^_^

As for Kanji just watch out for that leaping grab (which you can just duck) and fullscreen lightning. Aside from that just keep him out. Patient, competent Kanjis on the other hand are so scary since they can make a big runback with that damage and pre-awakened command grab super ; __ ;

Welcome to TeamYukiko cookie ^_^

As for Kanji just watch out for that leaping grab (which you can just duck) and fullscreen lightning. Aside from that just keep him out. Patient, competent Kanjis on the other hand are so scary since they can make a big runback with that damage and pre-awakened command grab super ; __ ;

Thanks...I don't know why I didn't pick her up sooner. :3

the reason why yukiko's matchups feel hard is because you have to be on point with your zoning, and make alot of reads.

obv spamming is not the style of zoning yukiko excels in, because

a) throwing 2 fans has a ton of recovery

b) A and B agi have very specific spacing

c) maragi has very slow startup

so you need to be able to lock them down with air angled fans since most will want to approach above the 5BB and agi's.

one thing i feel that is under utilized is her B agi. if you are in the range that will let you throw it out safely, you can keep your opponent at bay if your release timing is on point.

this way you can actually level up your fire in this neutral state, since they are scared to approach.

if they get hit or block it you can place another one and frame trap them or make them second guess their approach.

if you sense they are gonna try to jump over and fly over it, you can just release it and react to whatever they do (throw out a fan/5C)

that's my take on general yukiko play so far. (anti airing is so hard with her @.@)

the reason why yukiko's matchups feel hard is because you have to be on point with your zoning, and make alot of reads.

so you need to be able to lock them down with air angled fans since most will want to approach above the 5BB and agi's.

one thing i feel that is under utilized is her B agi. if you are in the range that will let you throw it out safely, you can keep your opponent at bay if your release timing is on point.

this way you can actually level up your fire in this neutral state, since they are scared to approach.

if they get hit or block it you can place another one and frame trap them or make them second guess their approach.

if you sense they are gonna try to jump over and fly over it, you can just release it and react to whatever they do (throw out a fan/5C)

that's my take on general yukiko play so far. (anti airing is so hard with her @.@)

That's one way of looking at it. Thanks for the advice. Gotta stop throwing two fans at once. ._.

Yeah. Throwing two fans at once happens to be one of the many flaws people usually have with her. Thanks for the advice dude. :)

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else or cleared up in these forums, but can you not combo into her Insta-Kill, Full Bloom?

And by that, I'm not asking if you can you do a full combo that ends in the Insta-Kill (obviously no character could be able to do that), I'm asking if it will even hit your opponent if they're in hitstun. I had the idea to try a cool setup with an unblockable Agi: do a combo ending with the unblockable Agi, perform Full Bloom, then detonate the Agi in hopes of juggling them into the IK, which would also work if they happened to be trying to crouch block the IK (considering you can detonate them at any point in any animation). However, when I do this, her Persona just whiffs. I tried doing the IK raw on a jumping character and it hit them fine, and it's definitely not a grab. I was hyping this idea up all day and was rather disappointed when I tried it. :( Are all Insta-Kills like this? I am aware this would make Yukiko somewhat broken, but it still would have been awesome.

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else or cleared up in these forums, but can you not combo into her Insta-Kill, Full Bloom?

And by that, I'm not asking if you can you do a full combo that ends in the Insta-Kill (obviously no character could be able to do that), I'm asking if it will even hit your opponent if they're in hitstun. I had the idea to try a cool setup with an unblockable Agi: do a combo ending with the unblockable Agi, perform Full Bloom, then detonate the Agi in hopes of juggling them into the IK, which would also work if they happened to be trying to crouch block the IK (considering you can detonate them at any point in any animation). However, when I do this, her Persona just whiffs. I tried doing the IK raw on a jumping character and it hit them fine, and it's definitely not a grab. I was hyping this idea up all day and was rather disappointed when I tried it. :( Are all Insta-Kills like this? I am aware this would make Yukiko somewhat broken, but it still would have been awesome.

As far as I am concerned, no, it is not possible to combo into her instant-kill; but I believe instant-kills aren't meant to be combo'd in this game at all...

So....I think I'm pretty much done attempting Ranked Matches. Everything I get is so lag-filled I can't function. I don't know if Yukiko is hit especially hard from lag, or if that's the excuse I use when I lose. But I swear, I can't do it. I lost to damn near everything, and I don't feel like a complete novice anymore, I know I can beat these idiots.

If you get into Ranked Matches, choose the "Display Search Results" option. This option allows you to pick players with good connections and avoid those with bad connections. You don't want to play this game with anything below a 2.

Ranked is full of scrubs lol. I rolled a train on them (25 matches, not a single loss) with my Day 3 Yukiko XD

Ranked IS full of a scrubs, but it doesn't make a difference when actions are a second behind my input.

I also did try specifying. The game just didn't give me anything...

As far as I am concerned, no, it is not possible to combo into her instant-kill; but I believe instant-kills aren't meant to be combo'd in this game at all...

Confirmed. If you time an Agi to hit just before Sakuya impacts, the IK will fail to connect.

Ranked IS full of a scrubs, but it doesn't make a difference when actions are a second behind my input.

I also did try specifying. The game just didn't give me anything...

Indeed. Even PSN ranked matches are full of scrubs too.

Trust me, I always get paired up against Kanji and Teddie players. They always spam auto combo or with Kanji... his annoying 214A/B/SB grab move.

Indeed. Even PSN ranked matches are full of scrubs too.

Trust me, I always get paired up against Kanji and Teddie players. They always spam auto combo or with Kanji... his annoying 214A/B/SB grab move.

I think that's why this game has been giving me a bad taste in my mouth: all the scrubs in ranked. They're just mashing and spamming random crap and I'm trying to be beat it, but it's a struggle most of the time. Though, I feel like I'm getting better and starting to learn how to deal with all the stupid stuff.

Kanji's command grab does an insane amount of damage to Yukiko. I was beating on a Kanji last night that had no answer to my zoning, but on the last match gets lucky with an IK that I wasn't prepared for. So annoying. I really shouldn't expect people to have enough respect to not use an IK in a match. I've never used mine, and I never intend to. It's just stupid.

I think that's why this game has been giving me a bad taste in my mouth: all the scrubs in ranked. They're just mashing and spamming random crap and I'm trying to be beat it, but it's a struggle most of the time. Though, I feel like I'm getting better and starting to learn how to deal with all the stupid stuff.

Kanji's command grab does an insane amount of damage to Yukiko. I was beating on a Kanji last night that had no answer to my zoning, but on the last match gets lucky with an IK that I wasn't prepared for. So annoying. I really shouldn't expect people to have enough respect to not use an IK in a match. I've never used mine, and I never intend to. It's just stupid.

lol if they hit you with it then they did the right thing.

just gotta catch on to how dumb ppl play and exploit their randomness/tendancies

Just have to deal with it somehow. I know exactly how you feel. I fought this Chie that just stood still and started mashing A when I got close. So I stayed away and used fans/persona.

I actually beat a Kanji twice today by playing ridiculously lame. :yaaay:

I usually dead angle those Kanjis that push buttons to reset the situation. It's pretty hard for Kanji to get in and to be able to push him out for 50 meter is worth it imo. Save Bursts for FC 2C or anything that leads to his air grab corner carry stuff. Just play lame and don't jump too much. :(

^ That reminds me of fighting Chie's online. Good luck blocking Skull Cracker. First hit is overhead, fine. But the second hit is a low?!

^ That reminds me of fighting Chie's online. Good luck blocking Skull Cracker. First hit is overhead, fine. But the second hit is a low?!

It took me a long time to figure that out. I was always wondering "Why the hell is this hitting me?! is the second hit unblockable?" I had to read the Chie thread to find out second hit is low. Very tricky. You can beat a lot of scrubs online with Chie just because of this and you can actually confuse a lot of Chie's online knowing this, because they think that second part is going to hit, so they'll actually end the combo with her dragon kick or a super, then you can punish.

The move itself is punishable if there's no followup, otherwise a Dia will beat anything short of super I think. But you're probably better off just blocking it anyway.

Don't forget to watch for the color of the ! that you're getting hit by.