Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

If someone's beating you, they're not a scrub.. If you don't know you how to block obvious things like Chie's ender or Naoto's jumping kicks into low gun that's because you don't know the matchup and it's your fault. You really have to know your matchups to predict your opponents actions for Yukiko's zoning game.

If someone's beating you, they're not a scrub..

I'm pretty sure they're still scrubs no matter how you slice it. The thing here is, if you're losing to scrubby shit, then I guess that makes you even more of a scrub? lol

@IllogicalDreamer - lol really? If they use an IK then that's disrespectful to you? I'm sorry but if I read the crap out of you, I'm going for the IK with Yukiko lol.

^ That reminds me of fighting Chie's online. Good luck blocking Skull Cracker. First hit is overhead, fine. But the second hit is a low?!

Yes, second hit is low.

I personally hate fighting Chie players online if all they're going to do is spam autocombo. It's really tedious and annoying. Same goes to those Teddie players as well. But hey, I ain't no scrub myself, but I can get used to it.

I'm pretty sure they're still scrubs no matter how you slice it. The thing here is, if you're losing to scrubby shit, then I guess that makes you even more of a scrub? lol

@IllogicalDreamer - lol really? If they use an IK then that's disrespectful to you? I'm sorry but if I read the crap out of you, I'm going for the IK with Yukiko lol.

I just think its a dumb mechanic that shouldn't have made it into the game.it was fine in guilty gear because no one used them and if they did the only way you would get one off is if you dizzied your opponent,but here every character has some stupid gimmick with theirs that you need to learn. I'd rather win normally.

If someone's beating you, they're not a scrub.. If you don't know you how to block obvious things like Chie's ender or Naoto's jumping kicks into low gun that's because you don't know the matchup and it's your fault. You really have to know your matchups to predict your opponents actions for Yukiko's zoning game.

I didn't just start playing fighting games a week ago, you know -_-

No I'm not a legit Yukiko yet. I'll admit I don't have a handle on all of the match ups yet; I'm still learning how to play defense and zoning, I've had literally 2 sessions online, and have yet to even fight some characters. But, the difference between me and random idiots is, I'm actually trying to do something other than: Dash/Air-Dash, Mash A + All Out Attack.

I CAN block mix-ups, I CAN memorize the order of blocking for Chie's Skull Cracker. The point is, when just about everyone I run into has a 0 connection, it makes it very difficult for me to play Yukiko as she is meant to be played. Reading opponenets, zoning, blocking mix-up, punishing, complex combos, and anything reactionary all go out the window whenever the actions on-screen follow nearly, if not, a full second after I make any inputs. Not to mention I think too much, and that's especially bad against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

I'm still a scrub. My 60% win rate went down to 51% cause I lost to a Labrys (stupid j.B), and a Kanji who command grabbed all day. :3

I feel stupid afterwards though. I know I could've beaten them but, whatever. I guess I still need to step up my game. I'll just stick to being godlike in training mode.

I just think its a dumb mechanic that shouldn't have made it into the game.it was fine in guilty gear because no one used them and if they did the only way you would get one off is if you dizzied your opponent,but here every character has some stupid gimmick with theirs that you need to learn. I'd rather win normally.

Every character has gimmicks you have to learn. The only difference is that an IK will actually win a match, but they're risky and almost always telegraphed.

Day 1 I got IK'd a billion times cause I didn't actually know what any of them did (or that they are invincible) but after that I've only been IK'd off of big punishes, on wakeup or after bad blockstrings. In most of those situations I would've lost if they had just done a regular punish anyway.

Makes the opponent respect you, too. If you're losing round 1 with 5% health with opponent sitting on near full and you run Yukiko, you probably aren't going to Burst out to try and fight it out. If you're on final round facing the same situation, gambling on an IK might be worth it. You might not 'learn' from it in playing the matchup, but it can nab a win in a tight spot and more importantly, in sets it'll show your opponent that you're willing to add it to your arsenal. If they're at full health and you're a 5% Yukiko, they have almost nothing to be afraid of when pressuring you. I mean you can get ... what, wakeup Dia? Pushback and like 100 damage? They'll just try again. Show em an IK and they'll probably end up being more hesitant in future matches.

They have their place, I think.

I'm still a scrub. My 60% win rate went down to 51% cause I lost to a Labrys (stupid j.B), and a Kanji who command grabbed all day. :3

I feel stupid afterwards though. I know I could've beaten them but, whatever. I guess I still need to step up my game. I'll just stick to being godlike in training mode.

I have a 48.4(?)% win rate, but I am steadily getting it up.

I'm sorry but if I read the crap out of you, I'm going for the IK with Yukiko lol.

The time I went on ranked with Yukiko I used and landed more IKs than I ever did in my lifetime for BB and you can combo into Noel's and Tsubaki's astral. Gonna try to not do it now though as a personal goal but I know it'll be tempting to use if I think it has a high chance of landing.

Random IK got me maybe 3 of the wins I got in ranked lol.

I'm still not 100% confident in my Yukiko like I am with my Rachel at this point. Got my S-rank back but my PSR dropped a few (733->729). At this point I'm just sticking to player match rooms and trying to learn match-ups before hopping back into ranked. I think my zoning isn't as solid as it should be and my hitconfirms are weak.

I have tried the other characters and I think only Teddie is a legit sub I could take up but I think Yukiko requires full dedication to become truly annoying and seemingly unbeatable.

:( she's so weird on pad I want to play her but it isn't quite clicking for me...I'm trying to make the "claw" approach work

*sigh* went from 51% to 45%. Played about 50 matches... won around 15 of them. I don't even know why I bother playing in ranked, lol. Maybe I just need a break.

*sigh* went from 51% to 45%. Played about 50 matches... won around 15 of them. I don't even know why I bother playing in ranked, lol. Maybe I just need a break.

Break is good. Don't worry about win ratios.

Ranked has built in lag, I swear. You're better off in player matches. I fight Toasty all the time as Yukiko with 0 bars, and yet our connection feels fine. I get 2 bars in ranked that feel like they should be in the negatives. Lag hits Yukiko kinda hard compared to other characters because she's doesn't have an easy "mash till it works" option.

Imo at least.

Ranked has built in lag, I swear. You're better off in player matches. I fight Toasty all the time as Yukiko with 0 bars, and yet our connection feels fine. I get 2 bars in ranked that feel like they should be in the negatives. Lag hits Yukiko kinda hard compared to other characters because she's doesn't have an easy "mash till it works" option.

Imo at least.

Yeah, I do agree with that. I didn't notice it until last night on my alternate account. Still managed to reach B with Yukiko. Wow, I'm learning a good number of things with her.

Imo at least.

From my experience it's not just ranked. The connection quality setting just flat out lies sometimes. I've played in 3 bar connections that feel like 0s and vice-versa.

I got to challenge 28 on one sitting. Can't figure out the timing on the All out breakfall addition. Tips on that?

EDIT: The ~D link to the all out attacks

All out breakfall additions? Follow ups to all-out attacks? If you mean the AOAs, it's a lot easier to mash A+B (or a bind if you use them) instead of just one or the other. Other than that, it's just a matter of getting a feel for when you need to hit C or D. Nothing really special necessary, just practice, practice, practice.

Fought another Yukiko in Ranked, and made him rage quit.

Let this day go down in infamy.

Probably the 'I'll run towards you and try to mash a' Yukikos.

All out breakfall additions? Follow ups to all-out attacks? If you mean the AOAs' date=' it's a lot easier to mash A+B (or a bind if you use them) instead of just one or the other. Other than that, it's just a matter of getting a feel for when you need to hit C or D. Nothing really special necessary, just practice, practice, practice.[/quote']

Yeah, I ended up assigning AoAs to the R1. So I just mash the R1 about 7 times and it works out just fine. Still a pain to mash though.

That tactic is like 95% of ranked regardless of the character -_- But I think this guy WAS trying some zoning.

I thought I took a long enough break from playing online to weed out the people who just mash 'A' all day, but turns out I was wrong. Can't wait until all these people who only played the RPG to stop playing the game.

I thought I took a long enough break from playing online to weed out the people who just mash 'A' all day, but turns out I was wrong. Can't wait until all these people who only played the RPG to stop playing the game.

I'd rather they kept playing and got better so there's still people to actually play in 3 months.

You know what I've been thinking. Why don't we have a sorta "handshake" for yukiko during a yukiko ditto? It would be something like 5bb 2b 5b back air dash 5b 1d (so the persona doesn't hit the other yukiko) d maragi forward air dash dia, then let the match start. Then again this is just a random thought -_-