Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Hey i'm thinking of doing a combo MEP for yukiko, who would actually be interested in doing a MEP.

Yeah, I ended up assigning AoAs to the R1. So I just mash the R1 about 7 times and it works out just fine. Still a pain to mash though.

That tactic is like 95% of ranked regardless of the character -_- But I think this guy WAS trying some zoning.

I actually had some good Yukiko mirrors against someone yesterday. So there is still hope for ranked. :o

<_<

>_>

Hey so, I'm actually not sure what an MEP is.

If i remember correctly it means Multi Editer Production, basicly different people edit something and give it to one person and put together into one video. unlike a regular MEP though, i was thinking everyone does a yukiko combo send it, then put it together into one combo video that every has contributed.

Wish I was actually good enough to contribute.

hey anything can help, i'm even making it that people can make a combo as impractical as possible (like 3 bursts in one combo) this would not only be just to show combos, but a way to have fun as well. i think i'll start the thread with the rules for the MEP (or MECP in this case.)

I have been playing online for awhile now and I cant find any good yukiko players. If anyone would like to help learn the mu please add me on psn LaunchPad_Atl. I live in Atl ga so if you have played someone close to there or boarding states please lets play. I main Mitsuru

I have been playing online for awhile now and I cant find any good yukiko players. If anyone would like to help learn the mu please add me on psn LaunchPad_Atl. I live in Atl ga so if you have played someone close to there or boarding states please lets play. I main Mitsuru

o.o the amagi inn in the yukiko thread lists all the yukiko players on dustloop for both xbox and ps3, if you want to challange someone directly you can check there and send one a message. i dont mind playing a few matches tomorrow if you are interested (need mitsuru practice as well)

o.o the amagi inn in the yukiko thread lists all the yukiko players on dustloop for both xbox and ps3, if you want to challange someone directly you can check there and send one a message. i dont mind playing a few matches tomorrow if you are interested (need mitsuru practice as well)

but i dont know who is good or not so i dont think that will help me that much. and what if those ppl dont get on that would be a waste. idk. but yea dude lets play

but i dont know who is good or not so i dont think that will help me that much. and what if those ppl dont get on that would be a waste. idk. but yea dude lets play

I'm always down for a set if I'm online. Friend me on XBL / PSN and we can go whenever. PM me if you wanna try and set something up.

I'm getting pretty decent, although I haven't really touched things like the 2A+B cross up stuff. I'm on PSN: Rob_Indahood

I finally got back to P4U after a week of absence (I've been playing Bayonetta that week, btw).

I've finally updated the matchup threads to include the format I've created for them. I'm nearly finished with the Yukiko mirror match and Yukiko vs. Elizabeth threads. I just need to get the verdict done for those two, then I can move on to the rest.

You know...I feel like we've chosen a very difficult path. A warrior of The Unconquerable Snow Black. The focus on defense, prediction, precision, not to mention doing moves while holding down A or B for Agis. I dunno, what do you guys think? I know Yuki-chan has good and bad match-ups like anyone else, but she certainly has to work hard for her wins.

But it sure is fun, ne?

Yeah, its fun, but it can sometimes get tiring.

I finally got some wins with her just recently thanks to new strategies I will share soon on the matchup threads.

For someone who's still learning the ins and outs of this game, it can get frustrating sometimes using Yukiko but I am determined to learn,

no matter how much salt will fly

I don't have much experience in learning the other characters yet, can you guys compare how easy or hard it is to use Yukiko compared to other characters?

As I recall, I don't believe any other character in the cast has to hold down a button while pressing other buttons. And if anyone has anyone to play with in real life, tell me how it is. It must be glorioius....

As I recall, I don't believe any other character in the cast has to hold down a button while pressing other buttons. And if anyone has anyone to play with in real life, tell me how it is. It must be glorioius....

Labyrs.

And it is amazing, even if they suck.

My mistake, I hadn't even touched her challenge mode for some reason <_<

*sigh* I wish people around me would actually learn this crap, or have a working PS3...

Yukiko is a lot easier to learn than other characters who have operated on similar hold/release mechanics; Eddie in GG, characters like Aoko (and more recently, F-Akiha) in MB, just to name a few. I was actually a bit disappointed that she didn't have more complicated maneuvers. In P4A, I'd say Shadow Labrys is noticeably harder to learn in general because you're doing button holding a lot more often just to keep your persona alive, as well as doing inputs for two characters and having to time their inputs to cover and catch off of each others' attacks. Characters like Yu and Chie are probably easiest because their playstyles are very direct, and they get free oki off every knockdown with multiple chances to open you up each time.

Where overall ease/difficulty among characters are concerned though, I don't really see there being a need to really compare this kind of thing. Yukiko should be harder to play on principle because of her ability to control space and force opponents to gamble or eat damage; BBCT showed how lame it is when you have zoning/setup characters who are effective with minimal effort. I think Yukiko's in a good place on the whole. She takes a little more work than the other characters, but she can turn a match around with the best them. And in terms of difficulty/complexity/effort, it could be a lot worse; she could be Venom (though I'd love it if she could even approach that level of complexity).