Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Hell, I think one of the batches of promo images they released for the console version were nude edits of Raiden.

That was a nightmare I never want to relive. Too many cursed memories of that nude Raiden edit are just too much.

Speaking of Raiden, I liked his KOF XII voice better than his XIII voice. R.I.P. Daisuke Gori.

i was hoping they made rise playable, if she was i'd main yukiko and sub rise. but she isnt so i have to settle with one kawaii character ^_^

i was hoping they made rise playable, if she was i'd main yukiko and sub rise. but she isnt so i have to settle with one kawaii character ^_^

Hey now, Labrys is kawaii too and I'm subbing her. While Yukiko will be my main alongside Yu.

Hey now, Labrys is kawaii too and I'm subbing her. While Yukiko will be my main alongside Yu.

so far from what i seen, i'm maining yukiko(too kawaii) and may sub Liz and Teddie

They should make a reference to this in the fighting game's story mode xD imagine

I would love to see that too, E3vE3.

Here are the pros & cons for Yukiko, taken from Brokentier's simple character guide for Persona 4 Arena.

Yukiko Amagi

Pros:

+ Awesome zoning and long range game

+ Capable of creating unblockable situations with fire attacks

+ Decent oki even at full screen

Cons:

- Heavy dependancy on her Persona

- Low damage capability

Goal:

Keep the opponent at a distance and pester them. Then capitalize on their mistakes and go for a knockdown and setting up a flame trap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CTQaXP_38w

[Match starts at 3:32] In this matchup Yukiko starts off with a strong zoning game only fighting in close with Yu is pressuring her. She also uses her unblockable fireballs in the corner for garanteed damage.

High level players to look out for:

Stunedge, Himajin

Source: http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/6324820-persona-4-arena-simple-character-guide

Yo there~

Maining Yukiko, hope I have a good time here. :D

Seems like that "simple character guide" forgot to mention her bad defense~

Yo there~

on the plus side, with her fans and fire shooting abilities, she can break other peoples persona easily

Yo there~

Great to see another Yukiko player here. ^^

And yes, that guide forgot to mention that her defense is bad compared to others, but I will still main her regardless of that. :P

i only hope that they give us more colors where she show her legs, right now we only have the 11 and this one so far

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/018/618/500fd025ed7b3.html

Oh sweet! A Yukari color palette!

Also, her DP seems to have projectile invul all the way through until you let go of B+D. So if for example you hit Akihiko with your DP and began to charge some of your life back. He would have to run back in and physically hit you to stop you. A full screen Maziodyne from him won't work. Not 100% sure on this though. We have to do more testing.

Oh sweet! A Yukari color palette!

Also, her DP seems to have projectile invul all the way through until you let go of B+D. So if for example you hit Akihiko with your DP and began to charge some of your life back. He would have to run back in and physically hit you to stop you. A full screen Maziodyne from him won't work. Not 100% sure on this though. We have to do more testing.

yukiko went through teddies super with dia (the one where he roles on a ball and trucks you) i guess if someone spams projectiles we get free health ^_^

That would be hilarious. Opponent doing random projectile supers? No problem, I'll get free HP regen for that.

That would be hilarious. Opponent doing random projectile supers? No problem, I'll get free HP regen for that.

except chie's meteor super, she can walk around so we'll still get hit by her v.v

I know at EVO casuals I saw a Naoto who just kept shooting at Yukiko so they'd use Dia until they stopped aha.

Still have to be careful and time it right if you're going to use it for something like that though since the recovery is terrible.

It should work wonders against Naoto since she has quite a bit of recovery after firing her bullets. Other than that, I don't see that many practical uses to it. It's kinda like Platinum's 236A; there's only a handful of attacks that you can dodge with that and still be in a favorable position after recovery.

It should work wonders against Naoto since she has quite a bit of recovery after firing her bullets. Other than that, I don't see that many practical uses to it. It's kinda like Platinum's 236A; there's only a handful of attacks that you can dodge with that and still be in a favorable position after recovery.

true, other then the combo they show in challenge mode, is there any other way to combo with it

Not that I've seen which is probably because there are better options to use in a combo.

I can't wait until we get the frame data so that we can know which moves are best used during combos and which ones to avoid. Oh well, trial and error it is until we get access to said data.

Typically what Naoto players will do if you try that is just set out their ?5D normal, which makes her Persona do a physical attack at you from a long distance. And I guess it is delayable or something. But basically as long as that persona attack is in waiting, you can't Dia without eating a combo.

As I think someone mentioned, it's actually really practical against Teddie as it completely shuts down his ability to use his clown ball setups.

As far as combos go, I don't know what is in combo mode, but I posted a while back about a bounce-out combo you can do with Dia that's actually pretty cool. You have to get the other player really high up in the air using the upwards Agidyne, and then just Dia. It launches them all the way to the other side of the screen, and either gives you a lot of time to start setting things up, or lets you recharge a little health. Seems useful if you're just trying to keep out the other player. It may also be the best followup after Agidyne in some cases too for all I know.

Typically what Naoto players will do if you try that is just set out their ?5D normal, which makes her Persona do a physical attack at you from a long distance. And I guess it is delayable or something. But basically as long as that persona attack is in waiting, you can't Dia without eating a combo.

lol, sneaky little reverse trap won't let me have it my way. Oh well, at least Maragi goes under the bullets lol.

Yeah, it will be helpful against Teddie setups. Spark kept on using the setup with the meteor nut shower + Teddie ball. We were all sad face.

the game is still fresh, it isn't even out here give it a few months, most of the stuff people are doing now they will find way around