Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Dem hit-boxes:

j.A: http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Yukiko/j.A.html

Man, it's CSE Jin j.B all over again. The hurt-box on the fan is bigger than the actual hit-box lol.

lol Dia: http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Yukiko/BD.html

It's like a better version of Jin's DP C: crappy horizontal hit-box, godlike vertical hit-box lol. That vertical hit-box is ridiculous, I might just use this one as an AA from time to time and see how that works out XD

Her 5A and sweep have godlike hit-boxes, let's just see just how fast (or how slow) the start-up for these moves are later on.

I hoped that I was quick enough with my edit but I wasn't lol

Yeah but what that means is that she has no viable air-to-grounds at all lol. We could always try to condition the opponent into easing down on their AAs with the j.B series though.

Edit: I just looked at the other characters' j.A/j.Bs and some of them have worse jump-ins than Yukiko lol.

Does Yukiko even have an air-unblockable? I didn't see any when I was looking at wiki.

She does not have one. Aigis and her are the only two without one. They have other tools that make up for it.

Well I suppose she doesn't necessarily need it if you can pester your opponent with fans well enough. I think Yukiko will just be one of those characters where you need to have good defense to play effectively.

Defense and good reads of your opponent gets you a long way with Yukiko. For AA I been using 5A and 5C. I love 5C Anti-Air... <3

Yeah I figured 5A and 5C would be best AAs. Are you typically getting fatal counters when you go for 5C AA?

Yeah I figured 5A and 5C would be best AAs. Are you typically getting fatal counters when you go for 5C AA?

Majority of the time yea.

I changed the data thread to a wiki discussion thread because literally everything that was in there is already in the wiki.

This question is towards other mods and higher who look through here: Should I just make a new thread for the wiki because you guys can still "see" the deleted posts lol. If it's annoying going past all of them (there are about 5 I think?) I can just make a new one.

I actually think that it was a waste for you to delete all that info but no biggie since it's on the wiki. I personally don't mind (my Jin combo thread has PAGES worth of deleted posts). That's the price that comes wih being a mod. "We see dead people" and shit lol.

I don't know if this is in the Japanese version, but I've noticed a bizarre bug in the US PS3 version for Yukiko.

While attempting to do Challenge #18, the super doesn't "vortex", and thus it didn't count. I was confused about this, since I was pretty sure I was timing it right (even after watching the demonstration), and after some testing, I can't get it to vortex under any circumstance. In fact, the first part of the 236236C super doesn't even seem to have a hitbox at all for me, it just whiffs through the opponent entirely. Clearly, there is supposed to be a hitbox, so, can someone enlighten me as to either what I'm doing wrong or if this is happening to them too?

I don't know if this is in the Japanese version, but I've noticed a bizarre bug in the US PS3 version for Yukiko.

While attempting to do Challenge #18, the super doesn't "vortex", and thus it didn't count. I was confused about this, since I was pretty sure I was timing it right (even after watching the demonstration), and after some testing, I can't get it to vortex under any circumstance. In fact, the first part of the 236236C super doesn't even seem to have a hitbox at all for me, it just whiffs through the opponent entirely. Clearly, there is supposed to be a hitbox, so, can someone enlighten me as to either what I'm doing wrong or if this is happening to them too?

You have to hold the button on the super. I know the game doesn't tell you to do it lol

If I'm not mistaken when you perform her 236236 super if you hold the button down not only will it fix your hitbox issue, but it also increases the damage because her Persona does an additional attack at the end. (So maybe there's a way to extend combos or make setups based around it?)

I actually think that it was a waste for you to delete all that info but no biggie since it's on the wiki. I personally don't mind (my Jin combo thread has PAGES worth of deleted posts). That's the price that comes wih being a mod. "We see dead people" and shit lol.

Aha that's true. I bet most people wouldn't even know that it used to have other posts in it if I didn't say anything lol.

If I'm not mistaken when you perform her 236236 super if you hold the button down not only will it fix your hitbox issue, but it also increases the damage because her Persona does an additional attack at the end. (So maybe there's a way to extend combos or make setups based around it?)

the only thing I can do after 236236 is to switch on fire break or to charge fire levels...

and I'm curious to when we should charge fire break/levels, I can't seem to find other spots. opponent recovers really fast and yukiko just barely recovered too. doing 214c/d would be very risky even in full screen distance(depends on the matchup)

and zoning with those fans aren't easy for me (somehow) getting a good read is crucial because one or two whiffs then they could a CH on yukiko(the recovery is soo long). and I'm still not comfortable with zoning with just the fans, I wanna add some mixups like maragi/2d/5c/236a/b/etc but still can't figure it out... orz

Well remember that you can alter the fan speed depending upon doing 4B 5B or 6B, or whatever for her fans. This also changes trajectory, and when it comes to zoning with more than fans or even making a fullscreen 214C safe you can always drop a 236A and hold it. Just release when they come in to force them to block or get counter hits.

I've been holding 236a/b at the end of my ground combos all this time, somehow it's just not a legit way to stop them, either they move unpredictably or moving just freaking fast(the game is fast, not?)

and zoning with fans on the ground is not hard actually(unless ur facing akihiko, his 236c/d has upper body invul? he can cover large portion of the screen in a very short time), the problem comes when they add in a jump in approach, must respond with the correct fan trajectory.

and I'm curious to when we should charge fire break/levels, I can't seem to find other spots. opponent recovers really fast and yukiko just barely recovered too. doing 214c/d would be very risky even in full screen distance(depends on the matchup)

and zoning with those fans aren't easy for me (somehow) getting a good read is crucial because one or two whiffs then they could a CH on yukiko(the recovery is soo long). and I'm still not comfortable with zoning with just the fans, I wanna add some mixups like maragi/2d/5c/236a/b/etc but still can't figure it out... orz

Don't get too caught up in trying to use Fire Boost and don't use SB Fire Boost, the ridiculous amount of blue life that you get in addition to having to spend 25 SP for SB Fire Boost is simply not worth it. If you want to safely use Fire Boost, use it either after a knockdown + Agi oki or if you get them to block Maragi.

As for zoning with fans, you have to keep in mind your current position in the screen and the amount of recovery that you get from any of the specific fans. I play Jin in BB, so I know that I can be punished for a whiffed TK j.236C or a j.236X at specific sections of the screen. Getting a good read is important but knowing when to and when not to use the fans is also crucial. Yukiko can't zone as well as say, someone like Lambda in BB. The point of Yukiko's zoning is to get her opponent to make mistakes and behave in a certain way. Throw a fan, see how they react to it, and intercept their approach.