Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

I might just be derping hard, but I haven't gotten the fire pillar to activate manually by holding/releasing 236 C/D like I have for the explosions for 236 A/B. Am I missing something?

I think the guide is wrong, u don't hold the button, but press it again

for instance, 236d and then press d again when the fire reaches u want it to blow a firewall out, the d version is a bit too fast IMO to precisely blow it on a certain spot on the screen so I only use 236c and then c again to detonate it, its pretty slow, or even better, use 236cd and let the d slide to the opponent and then detonate the c in the middle of the screen

Don't get too caught up in trying to use Fire Boost and don't use SB Fire Boost, the ridiculous amount of blue life that you get in addition to having to spend 25 SP for SB Fire Boost is simply not worth it. If you want to safely use Fire Boost, use it either after a knockdown + Agi oki or if you get them to block Maragi.

As for zoning with fans, you have to keep in mind your current position in the screen and the amount of recovery that you get from any of the specific fans. I play Jin in BB, so I know that I can be punished for a whiffed TK j.236C or a j.236X at specific sections of the screen. Getting a good read is important but knowing when to and when not to use the fans is also crucial. Yukiko can't zone as well as say, someone like Lambda in BB. The point of Yukiko's zoning is to get her opponent to make mistakes and behave in a certain way. Throw a fan, see how they react to it, and intercept their approach.

ah... u made a very legit point there

need to experiment more in the training grounds...

I think the guide is wrong, u don't hold the button, but press it again

for instance, 236d and then press d again when the fire reaches u want it to blow a firewall out, the d version is a bit too fast IMO to precisely blow it on a certain spot on the screen so I only use 236c and then c again to detonate it, its pretty slow, or even better, use 236cd and let the d slide to the opponent and then detonate the c in the middle of the screen

I noticed that, but isn't there a way to activate the pillar without pressing C or D a second time? I thought I saw some Japanese matches where it happened. Reason being I don't want to lock my Persona out due to their attack animation.

I noticed that, but isn't there a way to activate the pillar without pressing C or D a second time? I thought I saw some Japanese matches where it happened. Reason being I don't want to lock my Persona out due to their attack animation.

ah yes, the later u detonate the pillar, the persona would have done recovery motion and instead perform 5d/c ;D

that sucks, just realized that today when I was playing

12 more hours and then I can finally play her ;___________;

Same here. I wanna play with her so bad. ;___;

Just eight more hours here.

Same here. I wanna play with her so bad. ;___;

Just eight more hours here.

Same here, i want to play her so bad ;___;

just a few more weeks

Well she does shoot projectiles and she does have a DP, so she's a bit of a shoto in her own way lol.

You could say that about every character with a fireball though, because everyone has a pseudo-DP. I got like 11 hours until I should actually be home with my copy, just gonna go to town working on combos/setups for a week before I start playing ranked and at my casual sessions.

Hell, you might even say that she's more of a shoto than Yu is because her projectiles are available at any moment whereas Yu's requires his Persona lol.

I'm just hoping that my Gamestop has the game available on release date, at least at noon. Last time I had to go the hell outta my way to get CSE on release date D:

Hell, you might even say that she's more of a shoto than Yu is because her projectiles are available at any moment whereas Yu's requires his Persona lol.

I'm just hoping that my Gamestop has the game available on release date, at least at noon. Last time I had to go the hell outta my way to get CSE on release date D:

Im hoping the same with my gamestop..

Yeah I'm going to be sitting outside my GameStop at 9:30AM waiting for them to open at 10... I will be so mad if they tell me some BS about them not having the copies in yet.

sooo not ready for tomorrow's Game Center's charity event.. At least there be tons of Yukiko's to steal ideas...

sooo not ready for tomorrow's Game Center's charity event.. At least there be tons of Yukiko's to steal ideas...

Just watch the players, and when you find a good player make sure you pay attention to not just the Yukiko but also who the opponent is, their character, and how they deal with Yukiko.

The game's finally out, but I'm getting my copy later.

I'm also gonna start up the matchup threads for those that want to discuss them there. Let's hope we can have some good matchups!

Asdfsaebaeoienbsn%(*%(_)*! What is up with her challenge 26? I know it is all new game and stuff, so I do not have the muscle memory yet. But man, linking her 5BB into EX j.Agi is bitch! XD Need more hitstun on 5Bs!

It's not hard, you just have to learn where the sweet-spot is. Anime fighters got them ghetto-links.

Oh man, the air fans have a shitload of landing recovery. Here I thought that I could score and confirm CHs ala Jin and his Ice Blades lol.

I'm trying out weird stuff right now like 5AA, 5BB, 5C, 2C, 236A, 236236D, dash up 5C. And it WORKS. However I noticed that I'm hitting it more consistently with less fire levels. (So more fire levels could reduce hitstun? Probably just my execution since I'm just trying random stuff though) Also I love that 236A buffers into super, so really you can just go 236A, 236D and I get both moves.

I'm trying some even weirder shit and I'll let you guys see it in the form of a combo video in a day or two lol.

I'm trying some even weirder shit and I'll let you guys see it in the form of a combo video in a day or two lol.

Yeah I'm going to be working on a weird video like that too, idea phase today- Tomorrow when my Blackmagic shows up I will record. Also I want to note for everyone, 5AA, 3B, 5BB, 3B, 5BB, 5C, 2C, ender. 3B makes everything so much easier and it connects the best because it's the most forward-moving fan. (If you're having execution issues just mash 'dat B until you get it. Took all of 2 mins.)

Yukiko seems pretty fun for what little I played of her in... story mode.

Not sure if I'll main her but I'll throw her in my sub pile at the least.

Make some cool stuff for me to learn already, jerks~