Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Yukiko seems pretty fun for what little I played of her in... story mode.

Not sure if I'll main her but I'll throw her in my sub pile at the least.

Make some cool stuff for me to learn already, jerks~

Look at the combo thread, or wiki. Plenty of cool stuff to learn already.

"Your moves showed both power and grace. I felt as if I was watching a dance... Truly exquisite" -Mitsuru Kirijo to Amagi Yukiko

^

THIS..... >:3

Yukiko's jump in attacks that end in ground continuation seems... limited at best.

Am I missing some making normal she has or is she just more of a grounded character?

Yukiko's jump in attacks that end in ground continuation seems... limited at best.

Am I missing some making normal she has or is she just more of a grounded character?

(From my experience with the game thus far)

More grounded IMO, I don't think any of her aerial moves are good for air-to-air or even air-combos for that matter. But I prefer staying on the ground for the most part anyway, and I like when people try to jump in on me. Once you get used to using your fans and traps a bit more her keep-out feels so much better, even if just to stop them from going long range to short range quickly. That mid range, footsie spot is where I like to play so I can be more aggressive. When I'm long range I just level up for free (granted the matchup) to provoke them to come in. But with her specials and moveset I think she's just better at controlling airspace.

I've been using jA(AA) for oki or air-to-air, using jB definitely isn't good unless you are on defense. One of the tricks that seems to be working is jumping in with jA, and seeing what happens. If it's a hit, continue with AA if not IAD back and jB. The opponents don't notice the fan and get hit, and you can usually 5AA afterward to combo. I think it's also important to make use of jC and j236A to delay her fall and mess up your opponent's timing in the air.

How are you guys adjusting holding down the button for her 236x series attacks on pad and how important do you think it play a part in her overall game?

How are you guys adjusting holding down the button for her 236x series attacks on pad and how important do you think it play a part in her overall game?

With a pad I would set a shoulder button to A and B so theoretically you could hold one of those down after you've done the move on your normal buttons. (I will never play this on pad, ever) I personally think it's extremely important to not just certain combos but her general play. They just have so many uses, all the time.

I've tried setting one to a trigger but then I have a problem with overall chains. It's a shame you can't set two buttons for the same attack.

With a pad I would set a shoulder button to A and B so theoretically you could hold one of those down after you've done the move on your normal buttons. (I will never play this on pad, ever) I personally think it's extremely important to not just certain combos but her general play. They just have so many uses, all the time.

I'm using my claw approach which has me using my index and middle finger on the buttons while using the L2/L1 button for 3 button press macro.

It's working well enough for me but it is taking a bit of time to get used to. If I like playing as her enough, I'll just get used to it, otherwise it's something I'm not gonna worry too much about.

If you're a pad player and you don't claw for a fighting game, I can't imagine you reaching the heights you want. (In a general sense, as a Tekken and Soul Calibur veteran) However- I would actually try something strange like A as L1/R1, and B as the opposite, C as triangle, and D as square. Hold the controller normally for this method if you choose to try it. So you can do the multi-button commands without issues, etc. You don't need crazy dexterity for your C and D buttons, they're the slowest and easiest buttons to cancel into- It's A's and B's I would worry about for IAD combos, double Maragi, 5AA, 3B, 5BB, 3B, 5BB, etc.

I personally like to play around with my button layouts a lot in fighting games to make certain things easier for me. Like in SF4 I reverse the layout. It made Viper's FFF a million times easier, frame traps easier to time properly all the time, and like I mentioned. You don't need crazy dexterity for your more spammable buttons, you just need to learn the timing. And with fingers that are typically slower, you'll have a harder time mashing them into error. (I tend to mash things too hard on occasion, or do inputs too fast that they don't register)

(3P, HP, MP, LP)

(3K, HK, MK, LK)

Priority wise she isn't Labrys or Mitsuru, but she has a lot of options in the air , and jA/jAA as a mixup/pressure option (Especially jAAA from IAD in the corner) isn't too bad along with her other options. Also, unless you're landing like very top hit jA or at its very tip on crossup then 2A generally connects fine.

A is square, B is X, C is O, D is triangle, shoulder buttons are for macro like dia, OMC, burst, and evade

and I don't claw, somehow, when using SB.agi, u'll release the A button first, leaving the base of ur thumb to hold B(X button) and using the right side of ur thumb to press 5c/2c(O button) whilst the tip of ur thumb is for pressing D

During the SB Agi > Double Maragi combos, do you guys manually detonate the Maragis or have them detonate themselves? I'm finding myself whiffing the second Maragi way too often and I was thinking that maybe I have to manually detonate it.

During the SB Agi > Double Maragi combos, do you guys manually detonate the Maragis or have them detonate themselves? I'm finding myself whiffing the second Maragi way too often and I was thinking that maybe I have to manually detonate it.

Manually, always. There's a few frames between both releases for me, but I feel like I'm doing a negative-edge hit confirm that way.

Before you IAD you do a manual turn around. Then at the end you turn around again and throw a fan.

So input would look like:

jump > j.A+C > IAD > j.A+C~1B/2B/3B

This allows you to throw the fan low to the ground. You also cover more ground when you use your forward dash as a backdash. Really cool tech.

EDIT: From a normal backwards IAD, it's just a height + timing issue. Have to input B as she is falling to get a fan to come out.

Then I guess you're not holding the button to connect all the hits of the super. Basically, you should always do with Yukiko.

Can't figure any other reason.

If you're not sure how it's supposed to look you can also look at the demonstration to see how the game does it.

Edit: oh you did that according to your post. My bad lol.

Before you IAD you do a manual turn around. Then at the end you turn around again and throw a fan.

So input would look like:

jump > j.A+C > IAD > j.A+C~1B/2B/3B

This allows you to throw the fan low to the ground. You also cover more ground when you use your forward dash as a backdash. Really cool tech.

lol, I just tried this and it's hella fun. It basically turns a back air dash into a forward air dash and vice-versa. Doing Jump > Air Turn > IAD > j.A acts as a sort of "fast fall" j.A.

Anyone know of what terms I should use on Nico to look up Yukiko vids? Can't sue Youtube :(