Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

Anyone know of what terms I should use on Nico to look up Yukiko vids? Can't sue Youtube :(

If you're looking for matches they usually don't list who plays in the tags or title so it's really hit or miss with a little bit of luck but you'll find the most videos using the tag "P4U". But keep an eye out for 雪子 in the title since the uploader may be nice and mention her there.

There is not much under Yukiko's own tag but just in case it has what you're looking for: 天城雪子(P4U). As a note though, if you use this tag a majority of the P4U videos will not show up.

lol, I just tried this and it's hella fun. It basically turns a back air dash into a forward air dash and vice-versa. Doing Jump > Air Turn > IAD > j.A acts as a sort of "fast fall" j.A.

do you use the 96 or 966 for the IAD?

errr...

9 a+c 6 or 9 a+c 66?

errr...

9 a+c 6 or 9 a+c 66?

In theory they should both work, but the second one will definitely work.

roger that

I think I should re configure my buttons first though, L2(air turn) for something u'll gonna press in a fast succession is bound to fail(for me), exchange to L1 and burst to L2 :v

anyone here has been experimenting with SB Agi into UB midscreen? mostly after sweep > SB agi. I'm trying to get the timing to make it inescapable but its hard because I gotta input 1D then release A, then B and then run 2B.

=/

errr...

9 a+c 6 or 9 a+c 66?

I do 9 ~ A+C ~ 6 ~ A+C

Also, how's everyone doing with that 5BB > JC > TK SB Agi? I'm not one go give up but goddamn I haven't landed that thing even once lol.

5bb tk.sb-agi

remember that jumps are considered still on the ground for the first 3 frames/startup so after 2369 delay a+b

try various timings then u should discover the proper timing

try various timings then u should discover the proper timing

That's what I do when it comes to JC combos.

Also, I gotta love the pressure techniques with Yukiko's fans and fireballs; I will even have some PSN matches uploaded tomorrow from my father's cell phone (Saving up for a Hauppauge HD PVR atm).

I learned the hard way that yukiko's fan(4/5/6bb) can easily be punished from around corner to corner by yu, he slides very quick across the screen and the fans whiffs

should have fired maragi instead... orz

Not sure who did the damage values on the wiki, but they did most of them while the opponent was in Awakening mode. I fixed it and the Maragi stuff anyway. All of the combos need fixing still since they still list Maragi detonate as hold-release.

Also, how's everyone doing with that 5BB > JC > TK SB Agi? I'm not one go give up but goddamn I haven't landed that thing even once lol.

I can do it pretty consistently but Ho-chan says its not worth it. After testing it out myself he's right. You have to finish the input immediately after you hit that second B. Should be 5BB~2369A+B. If you're doing it off of a 5AA 5BB you can follow up the TK SB Agi with: A release, 66 2C, 236C~B release, 5C, 5BB, 236A/B. I'm not playing right now but iirc it doesn't even break the 3k range. If you can confirm a FC 1/2/3D, wait til the end of the attack then go 5BB, 236A+B. From there you can go into a double Maragi combo for a little under 4k. Again the trick with landing any 236A+B after 5BB is to input it right away. I don't usually go for SB Agi outside of combos so since I know I'm committing input it right away. I haven't dropped one ever since I've been doing it that way. Not sure if using Yukiko in general is just easier for me since I'm using stick, but I'm not having any problems with Maragi loops.

I've been messing around with the SB Agi > Double Maragi loops and I found two ways to do them:

1) ... > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > 66 5C > 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > 66...

2) ... > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236C ~ ]A[ > 66 5C > 236C ~ ]B[ > 66...

One way requires manual detonation while the other requires automatic detonation. The first way to do the loop is the easier way and depending on the combo, sometimes it does more damage and sometimes it does less damage. The second way is a bit harder, you need to time your releases just perfectly so that Maragi picks up the opponent on its own.

I never use D maragi in combos. C seems easier since it always picks them up. I only use D if I confirmed too far away and REALLY want a double maragi but otherwise I don't use D version unless its for corner loops.

I should probably grind the C Maragi combos some more but I think this should be enough lab time for me. Time to get some actual match experience lol.

Here's how I do my double maragi combos.

5C and 4/5/6 5D FC I always do:

SB Agi > 5C > 236D ]A[ 66 5C > 236C ]B[ 66 5BB > 5C >2C > 236A/B

2C CH I do this:

SB Agi > 236D ]A[ 55 5C > 236C ]B[ 66 5BB > 5C > 236A/B

All other variations I do this.

SB Agi > 236C ]A[ 5C > 236D ]B[ 66 5BB > 236 A/B

EDIT: all of these are automatic detonations

I'm having trouble anti airing with yukiko. Her 5a and 5c are good, but

So slow.

I know i'm supposed to use the proper angled fan to aa, but it seems so risky if the opponent decides to delay their movement.

Do you guys think agi might be decent as an aa? I figure it seems to come out fairly quick, has a big hit box, and has options against delayed approaches.

My theory is if they jump midscreen you throw out A agi. They airdash and get hit, if they wait you have agi stored in front of you.

Any arguments on this?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

What I do is setup a TK j.236[A] and hold it, spam fans and Persona attacks, and detonate it when the opponent tries to get in from the air. I wouldn't use it as a raw anti-air though.

What I do is setup a TK j.236[A] and hold it, spam fans and Persona attacks, and detonate it when the opponent tries to get in from the air. I wouldn't use it as a raw anti-air though.

does that work against all characters. Labrys seems to out prioritize my anti air a lot I think because I throw it out too late.

It depends on the match-up. I was using it against this Kanji last night and it worked pretty decently. Like I said though, don't use it as a raw anti-air. Find an opening, setup the trap and detonate it when he comes close.

Finally finished all of her challenges.

Ended up using the following simplified combo to do #30:

(corner) SB Maragi > SB Agi (hold A and B) > release A > Maragi C > 5C > 2C > release B > Maragi C > Agi A > Agidyne C (hold C) > Agidyne D (hold D) [sP:150, fire level 8]

Does 10,270 damage (not sure if I connected with the Agi A explosion or not but it gets the job done for the challenge).

That's pretty smart, I'll definitely add that to my game. Thanks!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Was wondering if anyone has like a list of high level videos of this character. Reading off the combo section, I'm having a hard time doing them, not understanding how they work. Was hoping to see some videos, but the ones I'm watching, the players seem to be doing some more basic(?).

Requesting high level videos, if possible. Mainly some with cool combos!

Was wondering if anyone has like a list of high level videos of this character. Reading off the combo section, I'm having a hard time doing them, not understanding how they work. Was hoping to see some videos, but the ones I'm watching, the players seem to be doing some more basic(?).

Requesting high level videos, if possible. Mainly some with cool combos!

You may need to check the Yukiko video thread for some high level Yukiko videos; such as SBO qualifiers, 11k and 13k combo videos, and much more.