Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadRed

[P4A] Teddie - Gameplay Discussion

Okay everything got wiped for whatever reason so I have to remake it.

Come on guys, let's talk about how hype Teddie is!

All five of you!

i like how teddie uses some of platinum like her paper fan, baseball bat, and her j.2c xD

I saw a cool setup for Puppeteddie in the corner, it was basically a long combo into missile super (1st hit) then Puppet, then 2nd hit. I wonder if you can get 2 of those in a single combo. It would be pretty fun to get rage + fear at the same time. Also I wonder if you can also end combos into TV in the corner...so much testing.

Just from barely playing the game for like 10 games, I can say that yeah, unless u can end with a mashed a-combo into super, it's much better to try to confirm a a into j.a j.b j.d which is a very simple combo yet very powerful, since u have item oki, along with j.a, land 2a, or iad j.a. I actually started winning when I used this combo instead of the auto combo, which is a a a 236a, which has much worse oki. Also, i hit a bunch of ppl with missile super after a successful dp, which causes rage

One question...does rising j.b work as an instant overhead? Does it combo?

A mash combo is just that, A mash. No motions needed.

Midscreen (meterless) you want to do 5A > 5A > 2B > J.A > j.c > J.A > J.B > j.D

You might want to switch the J.B > J.D ender if you have a shitty item up next and just opt for J.236A.

With meter you can do 5A >5A> 5B > 236D > 236236D > 66 > 5B > HJC > J.C > 5B > 2B > etc etc

You can do rising jump B but you won't get to reverse gatling in to j.A.

To combo off Jump B you need to have enough time to cancel into j.A before they hit the ground.

You can do IAD J.B > J.A, which seems like his best pressure tool outside of having items out.

i know that there are better combos, i'm just talking about the game as it is...pre-launch, when we haven't had time to practice more advanced combos.

and yes, obviously, you get the combo by mashing a, but i was clarifying what the moves are that you get by mashing a.

Midscreen (meterless) you want to do 5A > 5A > 2B > J.A > j.c > J.A > J.B > j.D

You might want to switch the J.B > J.D ender if you have a shitty item up next and just opt for J.236A.

5AA 5B IAD j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B / j.236A is better since it does a bit more damage and pushes them closer to the corner where Teddie gets all his best stuff.

I saw a cool setup for Puppeteddie in the corner, it was basically a long combo into missile super (1st hit) then Puppet, then 2nd hit. I wonder if you can get 2 of those in a single combo. It would be pretty fun to get rage + fear at the same time.

There are combos that end in Rage and Fear already.

It seems like Teddie can set up unblockables in the corner if he throws the floating bomb there and air combos someone so they tech into it. I have no idea on the timing of the bomb though, but I saw it work once so it should be do able. Bomb does a lot of damage too.

j.A and j.B don't seem to be overheads.

Correct. His only OH is his AoA, his only Lows are his 2A and Sweep.

Teddie also has unblockable setups with his meteor/lightning ball item and then do the circus super in awakening. I tried it out with Kurushii and doesn't do much damage but will kill someone with very low health.

I too as the Japanese have was spamming that jump A a lot into a mashing A combo

I hope i dont stick to this habit

I don't know man, it is pretty ballin'. You just need to learn how to throw barrels along with the harassment strategies

Correct. His only OH is his AoA, his only Lows are his 2A and Sweep.

That's to make up for the fact he has so many unblockable setups, he doesn't need them!

That's to make up for the fact he has so many unblockable setups, he doesn't need them!

That, and with items, he has strong crossup mixup.

I don't know man, it is pretty ballin'. You just need to learn how to throw barrels along with the harassment strategies.

There is a hole in the barrel, but i don't know if its after the 4th or 5th hit.

Those fucking barrels...------------

ehh i take it back theres no way teddie can be on the same level of top tier as chie or aigis