Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadRed

[P4A] Teddie - Gameplay Discussion

Teddie’s SB (EX) moves are not that good, meter is better off used in combos and to Guard Cancel

I dunno about this.

SB.Teddievision is seriously one of if not his best skill in my experience. Comes out fast, has a really high hitbox and tracks the opponent anywhere they are on the screen. When I was playing the Teddie vs. Naoto match up, at the start of the match I started abusing the 20SP gained from Dr. Salt NEO (item #2) and instant blocking Naoto's shots to build the 25SP for SB.Teddievision so I could find a hole in her zoning and make my way in to kill her.

SB.Puppeteddie puts the opponent in Berserk and is the key to the Dry Ice unblockable reset using his All Out Attack. Sure the reset requires meter and a specific item, but I still feel it's something that'll prove to be incredibly strong.

At the same time tho', I do understand what they mean. I'm not sure what the advantages are from using SB.Bearscrew and I recall reading that SB.Bear Warp has some invincibility but I don't know how much, how useful it is, or even if that's even true anymore. SB.2D Teddie? No idea. It's something I need to test when I get my own personal copy today.

So yeah, in most situations it's probably best to build that next 25SP and go for the Tomahawk as it extends any combo and does more damage, but I wouldn't say that they aren't worth keeping in mind.

5B into sweep is good when spaced correctly. If you're too close a lot of what he does is kind of unsafe in my experience.

depending on the character, you can do 5aa 22a/b to bait dps

some jp techniques that are cool:

j.a on block whiff air throw into ground throw...super dirty

double cross ups on some characters if your do 5a/5aa iad j.b j.a ...if you do the last j.a right away, it will combo, if you don't do the last j.a sometimes you'll cross back over them from the recoil of j.b if they block it. super troll

Alrighty, let's get some trial 30 talk in here.

I'm getting around 8k with my idea, but I can't get the last part very consistently as well as the burst that puts you on the other side.

(in the corner prep with fear puppet) 214214C... falling j.B j.A(1 hit, land) 5B 5C 2B j.A j.A (B or A drill, B is harder to time though) Drill one more burst (if done correctly, can put kuma on the other side, making you in the corner) 2B j.A j.A 236A 236236C(land) 214214D

The next to last super you bounce them on the missle so that the ball hits them, just like in the earlier trials. I'll be working on getting the damage for this as soon as my execution isn't ass and I figure out everything.

Let me know what you think.

Edit: I've also thought about doing some powerups before that. ex. muscle drink to make kuma do more damage as well as poisoning the dummy. The poison seems to work, but I'm pretty sure the rage goes away once the super starts.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Teddie's item throw completely random or is there a pattern?

Pattern

Item Drop Information

Teddie's item drops are not random. They are in a set order and reset to the beginning after the last item in the order is thrown. Here is the order of the items and some details on what they do:

1. MF-06S Brahman - Stays on the ground for a short time before transforming and flying off screen.
  2. Dr. Salt NEO - Gain 20 SP when picked up.
  3. Dry Ice - Freezes on hit.
  4. Smart Bomb - Sticks of dynamite stuck on a parachute that slowly float downward. Does considerable damage. Air unblockable.
  5. Oil Drum - Rolls across the screen and hits a number of times.
  6. Vanish Ball - A smoke bomb. Obscures a set amount of the screen for a limited time after it explodes.
  7. Firecracker - Bounces vertically up and down the the top and bottom of the screen quickly until it makes contact with something.
  8. Lightning Ball - Lays on the ground for a short time before lighting strikes it. Paralyzes on hit.
  9. Muscle Drink - Heals 1000 HP when picked up, but also automatically induces Rage state.
  10. Pinwheel - A multi-hitting projectile that boomerangs back to Teddie.
  11. Heavy Armor-Agni - A more powerful version of the MF-06S Brahman. Wall bounces.
  12. Mystery Food X - Induces Poison.
  13. Amagiya Bucket - Disappears after thrown for some time. Soon after, a multitude of buckets rain down from the sky. Confuses on hit.

Check out the data thread for more information.

Repped the Bear Army at Big 2. I tried guys, got 4th = [....Lost to SKD and Omni. 40 entries, I was surprised.

Good shit, I gotta peep those replays!

Stream was down, but the matches were recorded. Unfortunately, none of mine were recorded. I'll try to get on stream at the next Big2 and I'll be at the Team St1cKBuG tourney too so Teddie can get some shine. I'm glad there are so many people playing this game; even SF4 players are playing it.

Sooo..... while playing with teddie and his tv teleports...instead of popping out of the tv's he fell from the sky. Now I'm sure that isn't part of his teleports unless....you mash it or something I'm not sure. Its only happened twice and help tremendously even though it was an accident. He's not supposed to do that right? I mean ofcourse after the circus ball super. But I mean from the tv teleports :X

hmm i dont' know when to use which item throw~ 5d vs 2d vs jD

which is best for corner pressure, oki, and zoning?

@cruxis. the odd teleports from the tv seem to happen when you teleport at the very end of the tv's being active, i tend to use the d-teleport, so when i do it at the very end of the active frames, teddie sorta just floats above the top tv for a bit, so you're falling from the sky one is probably the c-teleport.

@cactuar. i tested the gaps in teddie's block strings and your basic block string should be something like 2a (two hits) 5aa 5b 2ab. this is gapless. however, you can insert gaps in several places by staggering your inputs (not recommended typically). you can also do 5b 236a (236b has a rather large gap). 5aa 2ab is gapless. 5aa instant airdash backward into j.c is strong. 5aa instant airdash into j.b j.a 5a etc is strong. 2aa grab is strong.

@kousaka. wouldn't it depend on the item and the neutral game/matchup? i tend to do things like 5b 5d when i have an offensive item like yellow missile, barrel, meteor. summoning the sp can close to you is a given (5d). super jump j.d tends to be my most common summon though. then you can do things like super jump j.d j.ac iad j.a if they try to approach when you summon an item.

@cruxis. the odd teleports from the tv seem to happen when you teleport at the very end of the tv's being active, i tend to use the d-teleport, so when i do it at the very end of the active frames, teddie sorta just floats above the top tv for a bit, so you're falling from the sky one is probably the c-teleport.

@cactuar. i tested the gaps in teddie's block strings and your basic block string should be something like 2a (two hits) 5aa 5b 2ab. this is gapless. however, you can insert gaps in several places by staggering your inputs (not recommended typically). you can also do 5b 236a (236b has a rather large gap). 5aa 2ab is gapless. 5aa instant airdash backward into j.c is strong. 5aa instant airdash into j.b j.a 5a etc is strong. 2aa grab is strong.

@kousaka. wouldn't it depend on the item and the neutral game/matchup? i tend to do things like 5b 5d when i have an offensive item like yellow missile, barrel, meteor. summoning the sp can close to you is a given (5d). super jump j.d tends to be my most common summon though. then you can do things like super jump j.d j.ac iad j.a if they try to approach when you summon an item.

Ahh super thanks. I thought I was hitting some combination of buttons to do it lol.

I've got a sweet scrub killer btw

In awakening normal jump C missle into circus bear behind them. Hold the missile and time it so if they stay on the ground, the explosion keeps them in blockstun for the circus bear.

I've done it numerous times for the win and even if someone managed to not get stuck in it, I've never been punished, haha.

That's mainly for online though, I'm sure people that play offline are a little smarter than that, haha

^ I'll try this later today against my friends. They're pretty decent at the game but they find teddie to be a pretty awkward character to play against so I wouldn't be surprised if I hit any of them with it. But very good idea.

Puppeteddie is such an amazing anti air dash move, can potentially shut down some approaches, and is great for a keep away strategy. But many characters in the game are at an advantage when far away so it kinda defeats the purpose...

I'm glad that he resembles Faust more than Platinum. I love my mahou shoujos, but the good doctor was my first fighting game love.

After playing Teddie for the first time, the main problems I have are aerial approach and pressure escape. None of Teddie's aerial moves seem that good for jump-ins to me, but it probably just takes some time to get used to. As for the escape tools, 22A/B seems worse than a simple AoA or roll, while his R-Action can actually miss the enemy even if they hit you.

Go ahead and tell me how new I am, I'll see the light of Teddie one of these days.