Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadRed

[P4A] Teddie - Gameplay Discussion

Hello everyone. New here. Don't know if I should take it to the match-up thread since that seems to be a place for actual posts on the match-up instead of questions.

Went to my first tournament yesterday. Good times. 3rd place. Who sent me to losers and later eliminated me? A Mitsuru. IDK HOW to fight Mitsuru (ones that know what they are doing). Attempts to use the bat get stuffed with charge stabs or 5As. Air approaches get stuffed with her 2B. And once she has me blocking on the ground, IDK WHERE am I supposed to get her off me (attempts to interrupt her result in me eating a counter hit).

The match-up on it doesn't seem to really tell me anything other than bait and punish. I just want something more detailed on the match-up.

That match up in general is just hard.

When you're stuck in her corner mix up, you just have to be patient and wait for a chance to get out. One thing you can do is guess when she's going to do j.B and roll out. It is kind of dangerous though as she can just grab you. IAD approaches are no good against her as she can 5A you and 5A air hits do a lot of damage. You don't really want to do a really obvious jump in because yeah, 2B also sucks to be hit by. At neutral it's also always dangerous because of Droite 5D 2D j.D, so you have to be really careful when throwing out items.

If you're brave, you can guess when she's going to 5A and 22A under it and punish her with your own 5A if you're close enough. And yeah... more or less you are going to have to rely on bait, punish, and a gimmick if you have one because her tools are all very strong at neutral. Ah, and the number one thing is do not guess at grabs against Mitsuru. She will kill you. Also, her mid screen grabs aren't nearly as dangerous as a 5B fatal.

Thanks Polka.

*sigh*, it seems no matter where I go, there is just no real answer to her pressure besides waiting. This match-up just sucks. Got my 2nd tournament coming up Saturday and all I've learned against Mitsuru is that 22A bait you told me about. I sometimes consider picking up a 2nd lol

Souji is a monster. Lots of stuff to learn lol. I have learned as much as I could with Yukiko (so far) so I might pick Teddie as a next character to learn.

Yeah so excited. Probs gonna try and make it to NEC if for no other reason than to see souji play haha. Still have to watch the Japanese NEC qualifier...it's on st1ckbug's channel???

Yeah. The entire thing is on St1ckbug's channel. If it gets re-uploaded to youtube, I'll go ahead and stick those in the video thread as well. It's pretty much up to date... just missing an hour long acho video that was uploaded yesterday? but is from July. :psyduck: There's a bunch of videos of Souji playing in a team tournament that was put on a Famitsu blog. Those are also there.

I've been working on some stuff using gatlings from 5C to 5B. Heres some of the stuff i've come up with so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpurBnnJCxc&feature=autoplay&list=ULtGjgthntIV0&playnext=2

There's three short videos there. Obviously not frame tight, but if you conditioned people to block out of fear of getting fatal countered, and if your mixing it up with normal 5AA 5B 2A+B strings and 5AA 2A or 5AA land, Throw its pretty strong (especially if you're delaying the cancel to 5C a little bit so that it's closer to the throw timing). Obviously what items you have next effect it a lot as well. And what matchup your playing. I got some good use out of this stuff against locals last night. I'm waiting to test it more against some of the better players in my scene.

Also in the corner this stuff is great because hit confirming is easy as hell at any point during the strings. You lose the stuff where your persona goes behind them, but you can use the Japanese corner crossup tech that was posted a while ago in the middle of this pressure. Teddie is dumb.

Anyone thing it's odd that so many people get hit by the 2AB low? It catches so many people even though Teddie has no overhead outside of 5AB.

I think one reason so many people get caught by it is because they're trying to jump out of his pressure. There's a small window where they can't block while jumping so they just get caught.

it's not just jumping...if it's mitsuru for example, she tries to drill out of teddie's pressure all the time, which obviously requires not holding crouch-block

ppl also get hit by meaty 5b on wakeup every time for jumping or rolling. try it...5aaa j.d 66 5b

Also is there a specific trick to doing the FC 236CD > 236C > j.A/j.B combos? They seem to land it all the time in videos, but I can't seem to get the timing down.

I think the timing for the warp is just flat out difficult, but it's important to know which heights work. If they are at any considerable height in the air, it generally won't work, and you have to tailor the combo to their relation to the corner and their height in the air. There are about 4 or 5 different combos I can think of for these different situations. If u have a specific part of the combo or specific combo that seems not to work, I can elaborate more

Found a neat tech trap that's very simple. Do 5AA, 236A, OMC. You need to do the teddiescrew very quickly after the second A. They'll air tech and you can either anti-air them or preferably air throw them, hopefully into the corner.