Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadRed

[P4A] Teddie - Q&A Thread

Alright thank you very much. I must have been tired and read that you had to do J.b after the port and not J.a lol. Although I'm sure there's a FC TV's combo when used on an air borne opponent you can follow up with a falling J.b?

Anyways, I can get this combo to connect fairly consistently now, I'll keep practicing it.

Look at this video at 4:40 for the combo I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gc2hJUjjQI8#!

There's a few other TV combos they play before it that require SB teleport, except (I think) the one in the corner.

These combos give Teddie some additional zoning power. I've found them especially useful for Aigis - you can punish a full-screen orgia boost.

Ahhh yes that's the combo I was thinking of. Good good. More to learn.

I find it mostly useful against Naoto when she's zoning and Yukiko. But I have only played an Aigis once, they're pretty much dead on xbox, lol.

brkrDave, I briefly saw some nifty setup to quickly pull an enemy out of the corner and cross them. It was something like jump, airturn, backdash, j.b, j.D to pull them out of the corner and put you in the corner, allowing for a crossup j.A or j.B. I haven't been able to effectively execute this. Do you have any knowledge or tips on how to execute this?

brkrDave, I briefly saw some nifty setup to quickly pull an enemy out of the corner and cross them. It was something like jump, airturn, backdash, j.b, j.D to pull them out of the corner and put you in the corner, allowing for a crossup j.A or j.B. I haven't been able to effectively execute this. Do you have any knowledge or tips on how to execute this?

the setup would be after corner combo into 2b j.a jump - air turn - j.b j.d

you hold the j.d as you fall. they tech in the corner, if you release the j.d before you do a safe jump j.a, it will be cross up. if you hold j.d as you do falling j.a, it doesn't cross up. it's a complete 50/50 mixup. no way to the opponent to tell if you released or held on to j.d.

this combo is difficult and only works on decent starters. for example, it won't work on full corner combo after 2a.

the hardest part is the double jump into air turn j.b. you must perform it quickly, but where i usually screw up is i input the air turn too early . you must perform the j.b IMMEDIATELY after air turn

Newbie Teddie here (as in I literally picked him up today) and I've been having a helluva time setting up for items without Kintoki breaking in one way or another. IA Backdashing and throwing out an item and going in but a lot of the times he still gets smacked or I get smacked in the process. Is is sweep decent to be using or should I be a little more consious with my use of it? Sorry for the random questions but getting in with him today was really difficult and its bugging me that its hard for me to be aggressive. :S

Newbie Teddie here (as in I literally picked him up today) and I've been having a helluva time setting up for items without Kintoki breaking in one way or another. IA Backdashing and throwing out an item and going in but a lot of the times he still gets smacked or I get smacked in the process. Is is sweep decent to be using or should I be a little more consious with my use of it? Sorry for the random questions but getting in with him today was really difficult and its bugging me that its hard for me to be aggressive. :S

You have a few options. One of them is throwing an item out in oki. The second is to use the threat of the bat (5B) to protect your persona when it's in the short recovery period after item toss. On counter hit this will wall splat them into the corner, where you can convert that into a high damage combo. Do that a few times and they'll think twice about trying to hit your persona. Since the bat has some hefty startup, this is a better mid-range option. If they block the bat, simply backdash cancel it.

Against zoning, you can hold down the D button to make your persona projectile invincible. It won't throw the item until you release 5D and it will still be vulnerable for a short while after the item toss.

If you can make them fear the rest of your neutral game, you can throw out item toss almost whenever. They'll be too worried about the rest of your other tools to try and punish an item toss.

Sweep can be effective if you're in the right range where the fish hits, but the very best players can punish the move between the sweep and the fish with a DP. This is a short window though, and players aren't going to get it down unless they've specifically practiced it.

Hello? Anyone? My it has been quite awhile this thread has gone on. Anyways. Does anyone have any info on Teddie in Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimex Suplex Hold? (Or TUSH as I like to call it. : P) There's so much info with people like Lizzie (partly because there's a crisis with the nerf she got but I digress) yet there's hardly anything about our Kuma. Perhaps if anyone has found a video they could post it for further discussion on how he's changed?

Hopefully you guys are at least still alive. Hehe. ^_^;;

Hello? Anyone? My it has been quite awhile this thread has gone on. Anyways. Does anyone have any info on Teddie in Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimex Suplex Hold? (Or TUSH as I like to call it. : P) There's so much info with people like Lizzie (partly because there's a crisis with the nerf she got but I digress) yet there's hardly anything about our Kuma. Perhaps if anyone has found a video they could post it for further discussion on how he's changed?

I'll see if we can get a formalized list of changes.  This is a list of changes as I recall from what I've seen on notes and on video.  There may be additional ones I have not listed.  Please correct anything here i may have mistaken

1)  5AA and 5AAA are now different.  5AA is a multi-hit normal and 5AAA is a multi-hitting normal with significant corner carry.

2)  There are new items along with all the old ones.

3)  Mystery food X now causes mute in addition to poison.

4)  Item orders are different.  iirc, there are now two different item lists running parallel to each other which are selected by either 5D or 2D

5)  5B is no longer back dash cancel-able.  This is probably his biggest nerf.

6)  2C is now back dash cancel-able

7)  Teddie screw is safer.  The SB version has also been improved frame-wise.

8)  236236D now has more recovery, although FC 236CD combos still work with it.

9)  Teddie now has two new supers.  One of them is an awakening super that is an uppercut with invulnerability frames.  The other super lets teddie drop 3

items (I've not seen this used much so I can't comment more on how it works or if its awakening only)

10) Teddie's SB missile super launches two missiles.  SB Teddie Circus makes him cross the level twice on his ball (first hit will combo into the second).

I'll see if we can get a formalized list of changes.  This is a list of changes as I recall from what I've seen on notes and on video.  There may be additional ones I have not listed.  Please correct anything here i may have mistaken

1)  5AA and 5AAA are now different.  5AA is a multi-hit normal and 5AAA is a multi-hitting normal with significant corner carry.

2)  There are new items along with all the old ones.

3)  Mystery food X now causes mute in addition to poison.

4)  Item orders are different.  iirc, there are now two different item lists running parallel to each other which are selected by either 5D or 2D

5)  5B is no longer back dash cancel-able.  This is probably his biggest nerf.

6)  2C is now back dash cancel-able

7)  Teddie screw is safer.  The SB version has also been improved frame-wise.

8)  236236D now has more recovery, although FC 236CD combos still work with it.

9)  Teddie now has two new supers.  One of them is an awakening super that is an uppercut with invulnerability frames.  The other super lets teddie drop 3

items (I've not seen this used much so I can't comment more on how it works or if its awakening only)

10) Teddie's SB missile super launches two missiles.  SB Teddie Circus makes him cross the level twice on his ball (first hit will combo into the second).

1) The attack where he starts banging the opponent with drum sticks and then does a multi-punch with ("The face" as I call it XD)

2) Truly? I'd like to know what those items are...

3) IEEE's

4) Whoa... guess Teddie's getting more and more complicated now... Are the item lists of the same order yet different order or different items entirely?

5) Oh well... Might take a lot of the neutral game and poke away but that's barely anything compared to the buffs you've stated *shrugs*

6) Not as useful as the 5B backdash cancel but it's certainly a good positive

7)YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

8)YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS

9)YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

10) I can already hear the Akihiko's and Kanji's raging. : P

Damn... if Teddie's gonna be this buffed up then why the hell are they nerfing Liz of all people...

Hell, I think Chie and Mitsuru are getting bigger buffs... :X

This thread is for Q&A regarding Teddie AS HE IS IN P4A. I'm glad you guys are discussing this, but it would be better if you moved future talk to the P4AU Teddie Gamplay Discussion Thread.

Omex has just released a finished version 1.0 notes.  Conversation will continue in the thread you linked

This thread is for Q&A regarding Teddie AS HE IS IN P4A. I'm glad you guys are discussing this, but it would be better if you moved future talk to the P4AU Teddie Gamplay Discussion Thread.

Oh ty I was wondering where to go for that. TY TY And sorry for off topic discussion. Truly. :sweatdrop:

How do we punish your DP? It seems like by the time you've whiffed it, you're DPing again.

EDIT: Derp

To clarify for future posters, this thread applies to P4A, not P4U2.  This thread will probably end up being archived soon.