Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labyrs - Q&A Thread

Main_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Use this thread to ask questions in regards to anything involving Labrys gameplay. Don't feel nervous about asking a stupid question, were all players here to help each other.

Please do not troll, if by judgement I feel someone is trolling you will be warned and then punished if the action is repeated. (I can infract you ~)

what kind of short comings dose labrys have and what are her stong points?.

what kind of game dose she play? i love the rush down kind of fighter would she be a good fit for me?

what kind of short comings dose labrys have and what are her stong points?.

what kind of game dose she play? i love the rush down kind of fighter would she be a good fit for me?

Short comings ? Like weaknesses ?

Pros:

• Good Mix up/Pressure potential
  • Range
  • Damage output from Red Axe (specifically her moujuu)

Cons:

• Mobility
    • Lacks good reversals (her R-Action is hella noticeable. You can super cancel out but that would be a waste of meter unless it was the Awakened Wheel super. This is basically one of her biggest weaknesses, against real rush down characters any characters that just moderately fast in general in terms of startup (majority of the cast) on moves its hard for her to really get out of pressure without taking risks)
    • Outside of her SB Chain Knuckle she has no real answer against projectiles, matches up like Yukiko Naoto Aegis or anyone with good projectiles stop her from doing much
    • Mixups are pretty obnoxious once you've seen them enough

If you want some form of rush down Yu or Chie would probably fit you better, Labrys depends more on some sort of momentum first IMO I laid out a more indepth summary on her playstyle on the last section here.

Wheel of Punishment is a really fucking good reversal, you just have to be in Awakening already to be able to use it. :I

But yeah her R-Action is really terrible, it's just shy of the worst one in the game. Moujuu as a reversal is actually useful against some stuff apparently, but not much.

I thought her normal Chain Knuckle could actually clash with projectiles too? But now I'm not so sure, guess I should try and double check.

As far as mixup goes, I'd say her mixup options are pretty weak in general without spending meter. With meter her options are very scary, but she needs meter for combos so desperately that she's kind of screwed. She has some decent reset options ... but she's basically getting piss poor damage while she's doing them.

I agree, she seems to have the worst mixup... her damage is also quite dissapointing without the red super...

Need help with Challenge 24 and 29 on Tsurugi timing... well it would be better if someone can explain how to do it on pad, my problem is the tsurugi always nailed the target before they're launched and if i should hold the [A]Tsurugi, how can i do the A jab to otg launch them?

Thanks in advance.

Can't help with specific challenges, but I'm going to guess you need to rotate the button you're holding the sword down with.

For example, if the combo is something like the red axe BI-A combo '...214A+B > 22{B} > dash 2A 2B > 214214A > B Tsurugi Hit > BI-A Hit,' then the way the combo is actually inputted is more like this: '...214A+B > 22B~{C} > dash 2A 2B > 214214A > B Tsurugi Hit > BI-A Hit'.

You can hold down alternative buttons to delay the sword release, as long as you swap to holding that button down before the sword summon finishes entering the ground. In the BI-A combo, I can't remember if there's an exact timing for releasing the sword or if you just let it come out at max timing, but the concept is the same regardless.

*smashing head to the wall ... thanks for the explanation about rotating the button, and another question, on that input :

214A+B > 22B~{C} > dash 2A 2B > 214214A > B Tsurugi Hit > BI-A Hit'.

On the bolded part, instead of just holding "C" can i hold "C+D" instead? ... theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, but just to make sure (>.>)

i believe i saw it posted that the sword trick you cant do c~d. something about how it works weird with the persona and youll get something else to come out.

*smashing head to the wall ... thanks for the explanation about rotating the button, and another question, on that input :

214A+B > 22B~{C} > dash 2A 2B > 214214A > B Tsurugi Hit > BI-A Hit'.

On the bolded part, instead of just holding "C" can i hold "C+D" instead? ... theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, but just to make sure (>.>)

Uh, I suppose you could hold C and D at the same time, but I'm not sure why you'd want to keep more than one button depressed. Not sure which button would take priority for release timing, either, or if the game would consider both buttons to be holding down the sword. Hopefully the game doesn't do something weird instead, like make you burst.

i believe i saw it posted that the sword trick you cant do c~d. something about how it works weird with the persona and youll get something else to come out.

Can't recall for sure, and I haven't done any specific tests for it, but I think C~D may work now. A lot of the written info that's floating around in English is from months ago, well before the game was patched. Not sure how much of it still holds true. I'll test it next time I get a chance, if I remember. >_>

Well, i have the main button on the face, and macro on the shoulder button, it's easier to hold button using macro so my thumb is free to do anything on pad.

I'll try to test this stuff tonight.

Oh, you're on pad, that actually makes a lot of sense now. Haha, I forgot how hard holding inputs is on a pad. :/

Tested, it works, Btw does that BI-A setup works with Green/yellow axe, i have trouble hitting the Tsurugi on that state

And button priority in this game is similar to Blazblue -> Burst > RC > any 2 button combination > D > C > B > A.

Ah, thanks for the info. And no, that combo must be done with red axe.

snip...

And button priority in this game is similar to Blazblue -> Burst > RC > any 2 button combination > D > C > B > A.

Button priority is RC/OMC > OMB > any 2 button .... sorry i must be half a sleep when i'm testing that, Sry orz

And another question on training mode, is there anyway to setup Labrys Axe gauge to green default (not fixed state) anytime we reset position with select in training mode? waiting the axe gauge to cool down before testing combos is kind of annoying orz

Hey there.

I'm having trouble grasping Challenge 22. I've done it multiple times, but it's inconsistent.

The SB version of Guillotine Axe near the end sometimes hits, or sometimes misses due to the fact that I'm not close enough to my opponent.

I think it has something to do with how close I am to the target after my SB Extra Attack crossup, but I have no idea how to make myself start the A attack closer.

EDIT: Oh, and does anybody know any reliable BNBs for building axe color to red? Also, what combo is best for red axe?

After extra attack(sb) u need to micro dash the 5aa, the link is pretty lenient just practice it so u get the closest 5aa.

and for reliable Bnb for building red axe, basically u just need to get as many b/guillotine attack on your combo to build it fast, a starter combos is pretty bad for building axe level, since the proration kill the combos fast, if u hit confirm this i'll suggest just go for oki, from easy hit confirm B(ch) i do have 2 setup from green axe starter that need 25sp

5b(ch)>5c>2c>[bd]>5aa>214(bd)>22[a]>5a>2b>hjc j.b>j.c>214b

2b(ch)>66aa>214(bd)>22>2a>2b]b[>662b>hjc j.b>214b

both combos deals about 3k from green axe starter an turn red at the last Guillotine, it's up to you to end it with meaty follow up or D Moujuu for 5.3~5.9K damage

Ah - thank you very much. That solved that problem rather quickly!

Speaking of which, I'm not really too sure about the notations yet. Does do CH and BD stand for?

Speaking of which, I'm not really too sure about the notations yet. Does do CH and BD stand for?

CH is counter hit, BD is her R-/Furious Action.

Also, just in case you're not sure/don't know, the brackets indicate that you charge it.

CH is counter hit, BD is her R-/Furious Action.

Also, just in case you're not sure/don't know, the brackets indicate that you charge it.

Ah - thank you all for the great help :)

5b(ch)>5c>2c>[bd]>5aa>214(bd)>22[a]>5a>2b>hjc j.b>j.c>214b

Need to revise this combos :vbang: ... the bolded part isn't going to happen

mid screen / not at cornered opponent : 5b(ch)>5c>2c>[bd]>5aa>214(bd)>22>5a>2b]b[>[bd]>D Moujuu for 6.3k damage from neutral green axe starter. (use default axe bar, not fixed state on training mode)

and just in case u didn't know... for 22 is to delay the Tsururugi / weaver art sword to appear, if u're confused how u can do 5a>2b while u're already holding b, you just need to rotate the button to delay the tsurugi, so the input actually're like this -> 22b~ [c]/[d]/ [whatever button] u didn't use while u're delaying tsurugi.

Your combo notation is slightly off, excelence. I'm pretty sure "214(bd)" should be "214A+B". :)

Also, as I still don't have the game playable at home, the arcade is closed, and I'm too sick to bother other people anyway, does anyone want to test these for me? Red axe combo stuff, of course.

- (fatal counter starter) > 236A/B > 6 > A followup > (dash 2B maybe?) > 236236C > can you combo after this with 5A/j.A?

For starters, I was thinking either 5AA/5AAA into chain or 5A/2A > 5B into chain. The former launches the opponent before the chain, the latter doesn't, so you get different heights for the second half of the combo.

*facepalm ... thx for the correction Tari

For your combos

Red Axe FC > 236a/b>6>a>665a>2b>236236c ... i think you still can nail 5a>2b>whatever, i'll try to test it tonight

After winch dash "a" follow up on red axe, thought the link're pretty wide, but i've never make it to link straight into 2b ... i hate her 5a proration ;_;

on red axe 5aa>236a>6>a connect, but the combos drop there, haven't try to burning 25sp there thought, 5aaa>chain will not work, not enough hit stun, 5a>5b>chain will always work on green axe u need to burn sp for combos thought...

Green Axe > 5a>5b>236a>6>a+b>665aaaa

*facepalm ... thx for the correction Tari

For your combos

Red Axe FC > 236a/b>6>a>665a>2b>236236c ... i think you still can nail 5a>2b>whatever, i'll try to test it tonight

After winch dash "a" follow up on red axe, thought the link're pretty wide, but i've never make it to link straight into 2b ... i hate her 5a proration ;_;

on red axe 5aa>236a>6>a connect, but the combos drop there, haven't try to burning 25sp there thought, 5aaa>chain will not work, not enough hit stun, 5a>5b>chain will always work on green axe u need to burn sp for combos thought...

Green Axe > 5a>5b>236a>6>a+b>665aaaa

At red axe, you can still combo off of 5AAA > 236B (or A if you really want to) > 6 > A followup. If you're in the corner, it's really easy to do, if you're not in the corner, dash 5A or IAD j.A will work, if I recall correctly. 2B may be impossible there, due to height and time/proration, haven't tested it.

All I want to know is if it's possible to combo after the super with that combo. Might be useful if you can. :D

Somewhat unrelated, but I felt it should be said: It's possible to go from green axe to red axe in a single combo off 5A as a starter. 5AA > 214A+B > 22A > 5AA (or whatever filler) > Sword hit > 2B > j.B > j.214A/B gets you barely into red axe. It'll drop into yellow as the opponent finishes waking up, but go back to red if you apply any pressure. Using 5A > 5B instead of 5AA before the sword hit is probably more axe gauge and less proration, too.