Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labyrs - Q&A Thread

I wasn't able to get 5A/jA to connect after 236236C but my execution is ass so it could be possible with some really strict timing.

I really wish this: FC 5AA > 236A/B > 6 > A followup > 236A > 6 > A followup > 236A > 6 > A followup > 236236C/D didn't need a fatal counter.

I wasn't able to get 5A/jA to connect after 236236C but my execution is ass so it could be possible with some really strict timing.

I really wish this: FC 5AA > 236A/B > 6 > A followup > 236A > 6 > A followup > 236A > 6 > A followup > 236236C/D didn't need a fatal counter.

Aww, that's too bad.

And that combo sounds hilarious.

It always puts the opponent in the corner (I love corner to corner combos) and I'm pretty sure you can end with dash 5A > stuff instead of super, but haven't gotten around to testing it.

It always puts the opponent in the corner (I love corner to corner combos) and I'm pretty sure you can end with dash 5A > stuff instead of super, but haven't gotten around to testing it.

Oh, I've just been doing the full 6 reps of the auto-combo loop on FC for corner carry, lol. This definitely would carry further. Gotta test some stuff out with the auto-combo loop, too. I really wish I had my PS3. :(

How safe is her j.B on block? I've been led to the assume it's that good, but it may just be me thinking it's safe even though it isn't.

How safe is her j.B on block? I've been led to the assume it's that good, but it may just be me thinking it's safe even though it isn't.

I don't think it is possible to punish jB, so I assume you mean how safe is jB > move. That depends on how high you are. The lower you hit them with it, the better. You can hit them surprisingly high with jB and still be plus on block though so just test it out and figure out the high limit.

from my experiences:

if you got them respecting you after a sweep, you can swing 5c 2c 5d then delayed 5d while you do something.

5c at range. j.d for air footsies. j.c is gimmicky air to ground.

i would say overall 5c is the best, but if they just go nuts, youll get hit most the time. -__-

Does anyone know if Labrys has any air-unblockable moves?

I was hoping I'd be able to do some corner set ups by giving the opponent no option other than to tech into a j.D, and then making them have to insta-block my air-unblockable.

One big problem with your idea, unfortunately:

- If the opponent is already in blockstun, air unblockables can be blocked. The opponent has to not be in blockstun for air unblockables to actually be unblockable.

That said, though, Labrys does indeed have an air unblockable move (every character has at least one AUB move in their 2B anti-air). Her 2B is pretty good and can be used in resets for the exact purpose you mentioned (though without the j.D). :)

I'll see if there's a way to space it so that they come out of blockstun a frame or two before they eat a 2B.

I'm so sad about this move. It /looks/ useful, but aside from spacing, I haven't been able to find much use for it.

Then again I've also only sat in training mode for about 3 hours so I'll keep exploring.

I'm sure there will be a way to use it with FC's. Everything works with a FC lol.

You can combo into j.D in the corner during j.BB wallbounce combo enders. Mid-screen, it's more for spacing and zoning, though off a low FC j.A/j.B, you can combo directly into j.D, land, and roll through the opponent to side-swap. Pretty hard to confirm that, though.

You can also use it to stall in mid-air, but it's incredibly risky to do so. If the opponent is respecting your jump-ins, though, something like a low, falling j.B > j.C > j.D on block is very, very vaguely possible. The j.D there doesn't really get you much, though. Some safe mixup and a side-swap, I guess.

Well I'm aware of the j.BB stuff with it. I'm just trying to get some setups or something. It's going to be very important to get the opponent blocking and guessing in this game. Even with Labrys's shitty mixups and oki.

I really wish the hitbox on j.D was bigger. Even summoning it as low to the ground as possible only lets you hit on the middle gear, normal sized characters only. And it's like, one hit and they're free.

:C:C:C

I have a question on Labrys' oki, well, more specifically, what is the point of it? Let's say I do 5A-5B-2AB-22A. My opponent can tech and jump out of the oki setup. Sure, I can air throw them, but if they tech the air throw, it just resets us back to neutral and I ended up doing less damage than I could have through another combo. Is there something I'm missing here?

Uh, just by waking up after a HKD in general, they don't have any offensive options...only defensive ones (DP/Jump out/Quick Escape/Super/etc.).

It doesn't matter, I figured out how to make it work. 22B is better mid-screen followed by a meaty normal, the 22X moves alone aren't enough for oki.

how exactly do you combo into super from air guillotine axe? I can't get it for the life of me but it's all over the place in combo videos.

Do the D version of the super to make it stable. I'll make a video to explain it on Monday or something.

well im wrong I was mistiming it. it's still really hard but I don't see any difference between the C or D version in terms of freedom

Do the D version of the super to make it stable. I'll make a video to explain it on Monday or something.

I noticed that the D version is a lot easier to do after j214A/B. Do you know if it faster or is it something with the hitboxes?

I haven't gotten around to testing it yet so I figured I asked here. At what axe level does the D super become better than the C for ending a combo. Or does the D version always do more damage, even at low axe levels?

D is easier to do due to startup, I believe. It does more damage starting at green level, I think (could be wrong), but it's not worth doing that super below red, basically, unless it'll kill.