Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure heading to PSN & XBLA

In the wake of the new PS3-exclusive game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, another game is being released (or re-released, shall we say) in celebration of the series' 25th anniversary.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/14/capcom-announces-jojos-bizarre-adventure-hd-coming-august-21-2/

Capcom's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game from 1998 will be heading to PSN & XBLA this August.

An HD remake of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was just announced during a Capcom panel at the San Diego Comic-Con. The remake features both the original graphics and a high-def reskin, as well as online multiplayer capabilities. Reliving one of the craziest fighting games ever made will run you $19.99/1600 MSP when the game launches on PSN and XBLA August 21 and 22, respectively.

Hints of this remake were uncovered just three days ago by Xbox360Achievements, though this announcement failed to confirm speculation that CyberConnect2 would be handling the HD conversion.

If you're mystified and confused, let us fill in the gaps: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was a Capcom-developed fighting game released in Japanese and North American arcades in 1998, and on the PlayStation and Dreamcast in 1999 and 2000. The exceedingly eccentric fighting game, based on an equally eccentric manga, was developed by the team at Capcom responsible for the Street Fighter III series.

I've been itching to play this for a long time, but I guess I finally have the chance to do so.

Oh nice. Playing through GGPO is sometimes frustrating since well, GGPO's emulator is lol.

Cool that it's coming to PSN/XBLA, maybe I'll play again.

>HD remix

lol :kitty:

I guess they'll just apply a filter, just like they did in SF3 Third Strike Online

... oh wait, who's porting this?

Well, it would fluke even harder, since it never had a strong following to begin with.

It's just something to get and play for fun. Nothing to expect tournaments out of or big lobbies. I think it'll be something to get and ask people on forums/irc to play with.

I already know online is lol

Arcade perfect wise, I haven't paid a lot of attention to it. Though sometimes I notice that game tends to "lag" very briefly even in offline modes (randomly, but it does)

I'm so getting this game. I love Jojos which was the first fighting game I wanted to play on a competitive level and it was where I started learning about the terminology for fighters. I'm hoping for GGPO netcode though since I can't make it work with my ISP. Between this game, VF5FS, & GGXXAC coming out on consoles I won't have time to play anything else. If KOF02UM and Vsav came out on PSN I may have to quit my job lol.

Well, it would fluke even harder, since it never had a strong following to begin with.

It's just something to get and play for fun. Nothing to expect tournaments out of or big lobbies. I think it'll be something to get and ask people on forums/irc to play with.

yeah, this one of this fg that everyone say to love, but at the end no one plays (myself included) lol

Capcom streaming from Comic-con

thanks for the link

Stream archive

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/325024584

Also some notes from the stream

-There appear to be quite a few loading screens in this build.

-This is definitely not the final build, as there is a "Thank You For Playing" screen and no menus, just goes straight to character select.

-All dialogue text has been retranslated.

-Sorry to report that for those wondering if certain characters keep their original names from the Japanese version, they don't. Vanilla Ice remains Iced, Mariah is Mahrahia, Abdul/Avdul is Avdol, etc.

-Upon selecting a character, you now get to select their colors!

-All characters from the console versions and arcade versions are in, so you can now go Petshop trolling online!

-It's upscaled to HD like 3rd Strike, and the graphics are Arcade/Dreamcast-perfect, not toned down like the PS1 version.

-The game appears to be censored, as the blood is colored white. Hopefully there is an option to turn blood on.

so you can now go Petshop trolling online!

What about summoning ZA WARUDO during a match? Would that count as trolling too?

Aside from that, I hope this comes as close to the Dreamcast version as it gets.

Stream archive

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/325024584

Also some notes from the stream

-There appear to be quite a few loading screens in this build.

-This is definitely not the final build, as there is a "Thank You For Playing" screen and no menus, just goes straight to character select.

-All dialogue text has been retranslated.

-Sorry to report that for those wondering if certain characters keep their original names from the Japanese version, they don't. Vanilla Ice remains Iced, Mariah is Mahrahia, Abdul/Avdul is Avdol, etc.

-Upon selecting a character, you now get to select their colors!

-All characters from the console versions and arcade versions are in, so you can now go Petshop trolling online!

-It's upscaled to HD like 3rd Strike, and the graphics are Arcade/Dreamcast-perfect, not toned down like the PS1 version.

-The game appears to be censored, as the blood is colored white. Hopefully there is an option to turn blood on.

Judging from the picture, if I set in Finalburn to use Softfx blitters you can get the same picture quality....or with MAME Plus!

jojo67z09.jpg

yeah, this one of this fg that everyone say to love, but at the end no one plays (myself included) lol

It's sad, I love me some Jojo's I remember the first time I played FlithieRich(yes the tekken community manager) in it on GGPO. It was fucking crazy.

Also the time I figured out how I can attack before the final round started.

Getting to the dev menu for the first time I didn't even make a savestate to it.

Ah such good memories.

A write up I made before that video came out but goes into more mechanics of Jojo's.

First in line of mechanics is the Tandem as it is the main mechanic behind Jojo's the main feature like Alpha/Zero 1 was Alpha/Zero counters. Only Characters with Stand Gauge have access to it. One thing i'm going to say first there is two types of Tandem remote tandem and (I have no clue what this one is called) Alpha 2 Tandem. First is the Remote Tandem you input you commands during the frozen period the Stand will do what you inputted(think of it like a programmable robot). the one I called A2 Tandem acts a lot like the A2 custom combo with out the Valle Blowback unblockable.

Second is boring ass mechanics everyone has(well not boring). Guard Cancels, They work exactly like they do in Vampire Savior (Dp+attack while in blockstun). Push Block, another mechanic you do while in blockstun this one is done by pushing the 3 attack buttons. Air Tech this is done by pushing the 3 attack buttons while in the air after being attacked. Rolls you heard me right Rolls like in kof but unlike to do a roll in this game you guess right hit all 3 attack buttons while on the ground.

Third is the Learning system this mechanic is only for 3 characters, but it should be noted cause you'll be going against these 3 characters. The characters that have this mechanic are the holders of the Anubis(Khan, Anubis Polnareff, and Chaka). This mechanic allows you to auto parry(they still have to block) learned attacks. for them to learn an attack they have to successfully land a counter special(don't worry there is an indication when they learned a move and they can't learn all of them). But you still worry if an attack has the same animation it will still count as the learned move.

Fourth is the other Stand mechanics so this paragraph is about characters that have a stand meter. there is the Stand Attack this done by doing a qcf+S this also cancels normals and puts you in Stand on mode(non stand bar users can cancel there attacks into S attacks also just thier S button is basically another attack). Second is more of glitch than a mechanic if you turn off your stand mid air and do a tandem(has to be a remote stand user) your stand will chain differently.

Now for the little things you can do there is a ground tech in the game hell some characters can cancel the tech into a special. An example of this would be Iggy canceling the ground tech into teleport, but it only works on certain specials(as this was actually intended to be in the game). Canceling into roll this is a one frame window after you hit a normal it would cancel into a roll. Attacking before the final round starts the thing about this glitch you'll hardly get a chance to use it and you have to be using a character with a stand meter. To do this you either activate/deactivate your stand and then attack you opponent can block during this time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1948[/ATTACH]

The only thing that saddens me even though people have access to the dev menu nobody has written down any frame data.

I would love to see frame data done for this game as well. I hope people are able to write it as soon as possible.

Oh, and if you want to know the comparison between the original sprites and the HD-Remastered graphics, here you go.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the "Remastered" sprites look like bubblegum that had been chewed before; so I guess I will stick to the original sprites.