Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure heading to PSN & XBLA

Honestly they offer around the same quality to me, since these are 2D sprites rather than 3D visuals, the "upgrade" will be slightly less significant since these weren't redrawn for HD, which will also result in images appearing "blurrier" than the original, since you're trying to "stretch" em out. But so long as the HD filter doesn't hamper anything I'll just play with HD on unless otherwise forced.

2012.08.01 闘劇2012!ステージ出展決定!8/5 15:40~

Jojo's HD is being shown off at SBO this year. Besides the site opening up this is Japan's first announcement and showing of the game.

Edit: As for the filter it is a normal hqx filter with a shader on it to add if those sketch lines if the brightness of the color go under a certain value.

This is looking interesting, I'll have to try it out when it releases.

Despite what one may assume from my screen name i've never gotten the chance to play this before but i have definitely had a large interest in it. Definitely hyped for this even though I probably won't be able to invest much time into this one in between my relatively recent return to BlazBlue(around a month ago after a bunch of IRL event induced hiatuses), the upcoming US release of P4A, and GGXXACR coming up later.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, so pardon me if it isn't, but where can I find combo lists for Jotaro? I've been looking everywhere, and can't find anything except for combos that are like 4 normals max, and written in English dialect (QCF + A2), and not Japanese (236 + B) so it's a little hard for me to follow.

So is this game gonna have a netcode similar to AE or UMVC3? I noticed the lobby matchmaking system is identical to them from the trailers.

So is this game gonna have a netcode similar to AE or UMVC3? I noticed the lobby matchmaking system is identical to them from the trailers.

I'm sure they will be similar. I would definitely play it online in a heartbeat if it uses that same netcode. :)

Well I'm hoping moreso of AE's netcode than UMVC3 considering I can have some playable matches with my friends on the east coast. It's a shame they couldn't implement GGPO. Or perhaps they have a new netcode specifically just for Jojos?

MvC3 and AE netcode are the same thing it's just the input lag is more noticeable in umvc3(it is a faster game). If you're talking about the online features those are great but the core is still the same. I say it all the time straight up input lag is horrible netcode. If you guys are happy with the netcode good luck trying to tech grabs, which are actually one frame instead of the two in that video.

That's why I couldn't understand how capcom or whoever is porting this game onto consoles couldn't have GGPO? But it's Jojos & it's one of my favorite fighting games to play especially since I have a nice arcade stick & it's easier to lug around to my local scene instead of bringing my laptop or Dreamcast to play some Jojos with broken arcade sticks or whatnot.

I hope it is SFxT netcode. The worst thing that can happen is they don't change the netcode at all(which would make cry and laugh at the same time).

They need to fix the life bars also.

I'll be grabbing it for sure & btw here's an overview on what to expect in the game.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2012/08/15/jojo%E2%80%99s_bizarre_adventure_overview_part_i:_what_is_jojo%E2%80%99s_bizarre_adventure_

Sadly the story mode isn't the PS1 version of the game.

Out now for Xbox. Just played it, some impressions.

-HD upscaling is really good. Shading on color palettes is a lot better, and it has more of a manga feel to it.

-Found lots of Japanese and surprisingly British players online.

-Music and sound effects are perfect CPS3 quality. None of that echo-y bullshit from the OST and the PS1 gamerips floating around.

-Voices sound like ass in comparison. You can barely hear them over the music, and they sound like somebody put a bucket over their heads.

-Online is very smooth, even against Japanese players. Does not use GGPO, instead uses updated UMVC3/AE netcode.

-Pet Shop is still god tier and not banned in ranked match.

How's the netplay on it? Is it better than the one on PC that's on GGPO?

I was thinking of getting it, but it's 20 bucks.. Which is money I don't have lol.

I found the netplay to be decent. I played alot of japanese players on ranked and I wasn't having any trouble at all inputting my inputs. Not much North American players though. I can't compare it to GGPO but, it's on the same level as SFxT or AE, maybe a bit better than those 2 games.

From what i have been told from a friend who bought it the netcode is a little better than the umvc3 netcode

It's the best netcode I've seen for an XBLA/PSN fighter by far, IMO.

SFHDR & SG say hello