Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Combo Thread (Updated 08/22/12)

Standing-5AA>5BB>3B>5BB>5C>2C>236+B 26Hit 2158. You have to be really close, and 2, after the second 5BB, you have to release the 5C right away after 5BB. Tested on live opponents, CPU and online.....Unless it's somewhere posted here, lol.

Damn, I must be blind, lol. Because I still don't see it, lol. Must be the PSN browser.....Anyway, back to the lab, trying to get her timing for her I.A.D combos...

How necessary is being able to IAD to play yukkiko? I've been trying to get IAD in combos, but honestly I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.... is not being able to IAD in her combos detrimental to her damage?

I upgraded your combo a bit lol

5AA > 2C > 4BB > IAD > j.A x 3 > 66 5AA > 2C > 5BB > 5C > 2A+B > 236[A] (2614/25)

Her throws have horrible proration, that's why that combo won't work off her throw.

I finally got off my lazy ass and updated the thread. By the way, does she even have any "close to the corner" combos? Seems to me like it's all either mid-screen or in the corner.

Yeah, sorry I meant to update it later that day. I didn't know that neutral jump IADs were possible. I kept doing diagonal jump air dashes which caused me to cross over top the opponent and end up dropping it depending how far Yukiko traveled.

I do have a FC 5C combo though

Requires close range

5C > 5BB > 5C > 5BB > IAD > j.AAA > 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2A+B > 236[A/B] (2949/24)

5C > 2C > 5BB > IAD > j.AAA > 5AA > 5BB > 5C > 2C > 236[A/B] (2993/24); this one probably can have more damage squeezed from it.

EDIT: @Duck:

It's not required to learn how to do the IAD combos. It's situational since it requires the opponent to stand and what makes it worse is that teddie is too short to hit with j.A from IAD.

How necessary is being able to IAD to play yukkiko? I've been trying to get IAD in combos, but honestly I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.... is not being able to IAD in her combos detrimental to her damage?

Those 5BB > IAD > j.A x 3 combos are hella iffy mid-screen. You must be at a certain range or else you'll fly over the opponent after the 2nd j.A. You absolutely have to learn to use them in the corner where the combo is guaranteed to work or else you're giving up quite a bit of damage and meter gain.

It's not that hard really, just buffer the IAD input after the second B.

One thing I wanted to discuss though is the maragi combos. Of all the maragi combos I've did so far, I did not need to manually detonate any of them. I only needed to variate from one or the other depending on the combo. the only time I needed to detonate any was if it happened to have 3 maragi in the combo(and it was the last maragi in the combo).

If you're doing SB Agi > Double Maragi from an anti-air or air hit, it really depends on how high the opponent was off from the ground before you hit them with the starter. Sometimes the Maragi will hit them perfectly, other times they'll only get hit once and the pillar will automatically detonate too far off, and other times the Maragi will just run its course and whiff.

Anti-Air starters into Maragi combos I've been able to do them just fine if I omit the 5C followup after SB Agi and do not dash in after the first maragi hits. I also wait momentarily for them to drop after the first maragi hits. It seems crazy or inconsistent, but it's easy.

The whole point of me saying this about the maragi combos is because it seems that people feel they will rely on manually detonating it complete the combo. While it may be fine for some players it throws me off, haha. The hitstun is definitely different if its detonated manually.

Yeah, if you detonate it manually, you'll usually only able to land one hit (the pillar) and you'll end up doing less damage. I guess it depends on the timing but as of now, manual detonation seems to be the safest route if you don't want to drop the combo.

From the OP:

5AA > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > 66 5C > 236D ~ ]B[ ~ D > 66 236[A]/ (3426/11)

Anyone have any tips on how to get this down? I can make it to the second part, but it turns yellow pretty consistently and the B explosion is pretty far off by the time I get a relaunch with maragi

Minor damage optimization:

2b 5bb 2b 5c 2c == 1545

2b 5bb 5c 2b 2c == 1558

only works in the corner though, so I'm not sure if it's worth training up..

From the OP:

5AA > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > 66 5C > 236D ~ ]B[ ~ D > 66 236[A]/ (3426/11)

Anyone have any tips on how to get this down? I can make it to the second part, but it turns yellow pretty consistently and the B explosion is pretty far off by the time I get a relaunch with maragi

It's a relatively tough combo. You have to micro dash the 3rd 5C (the one after the first Maragi). If you dash too deep in, you'll push the opponent away from the B explosion.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that the opponent can air tech after the 236A finisher, rendering your delayed Agi oki useless, so I'll probably replace it with the single Maragi combo.

Edit 2: What in the hell? It seems that 236B has more untechable time than 236A and the B version doesn't let them tech until they hit the ground. Looks like the combo will stay as it is for now, the corner version obviously has to be the single Maragi one since the 236B will set the explosion off-screen.

Just playing around in the lab late at night and was trying to find a way how Yukiko can use multile fire attacks in a BnB combo. Yukiko can actually do TK Agi combos. If you're proficient enough to hit that TK Agi just right to combo after it, then you can use this as a BnB.

5AA > 5B > 2369A > 5AA > 5C > 2C > 236 [A/B] (2054/18), If you choose to allow it to explode it does 2238 with Lv. 0 Fire. It maxes out at 2725 with Lv. 8 Fire.

I thought it was worth mentioning, haha.

I'd actually do 5AA > 5B > TK j.236[A] ~ ]A[ > 66 5AAA for the meter gain. You get 1800 damage and 25 SP.

Nice find though, I tried doing 5AAA > TK j.236A in the past but the 3rd 5A really scales the combo's untechable time and that's why I was unable to follow-up. It never occurred to me to TK off 5B lol. I wonder if we can do 5BB > TK j.236A.

Yup, it works, 1906 damage/26 SP. The good thing about these combos is that you can get some damage with Fire Boost if you ever decide to use it lol.

It's a relatively tough combo. You have to micro dash the 3rd 5C (the one after the first Maragi). If you dash too deep in, you'll push the opponent away from the B explosion.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that the opponent can air tech after the 236A finisher, rendering your delayed Agi oki useless, so I'll probably replace it with the single Maragi combo.

Edit 2: What in the hell? It seems that 236B has more untechable time than 236A and the B version doesn't let them tech until they hit the ground. Looks like the combo will stay as it is for now, the corner version obviously has to be the single Maragi one since the 236B will set the explosion off-screen.

I am a total noob at this, so I am confused as to how you combo 5aa into 5c, it doesnt seem like a cancel so I am really confused by this. I am trying to learn an easy sb agi into maragi combo just so I can practice basic yuki stuff. If there is an easier one that is off of a grounded normal i would love to know.

It has to be from an anti-air 5A though, it doesn't work on the ground. Maybe that's the issue you're having lol.

You can also try it off a Maragi.

[sB Agi] 236C/D > 66 5BB > 236[A+B] > 5C > 236C ~ ]A[ > 66 5C > 236C ~ ]B[ > 66 5BB > 236 (3886/11)

thanks. I was thinking about looking into maragi combo starters as well. i was watching my=key yesterday and he had some sick combos so im trying to learn some legit ones. thanks

Scrubby new Yukiko player reporting in! Was looking through the combo listings and trying some things out. She's not nearly as daunting combo wise as I thought she'd be, but I saw one combo and couldn't figure out what a chunk of it was saying.

What does: 236D ~ ]A[ ~ D > That part mean?

Thanks!

That is basically telling you that you have to input Maragi, release Agi, and then the Maragi will connect. The timing varies depending on the height when you catch them with 5C; depending on the situation, you may need to release Agi at the same time you input Maragi, or even reverse the order. If your timing is off, you may need to manually detonate the Maragi (tap the button again) to try to save the combo. If you space and time things perfectly, there is no need to manually detonate Maragi in combos.